Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 68: TT didn't want to pay for the Wahle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
Shows I like that are in the first few seasons.

Rick & Morty- Best adult-animated show on TV now, possibly ever. (Adult Swim)

Billions- What would happen if the Big Short and Season 1-2 were smashed together. (Showtime)

The Expanse- Hard, Gritty, Sci-fi at its best. Best show from that genre in the last decade IMO. The first 3 episodes of Season 1 are used primarily as world-building and then episode 4 is where the story truly comes together. Season 1 is a step below Firefly, Season 2 is a step above Firely IMO (I know, heresy), although don't get the wrong idea they aren't the exact same show. (Syfy, I know but trust me on this one)

Westworld- Psychological thriller. Great performances from great actors. (HBO)

Ash vs. Evil Dead- Zany, gruesome comedy-horror at its finest. (Starz)

Honorable Mention: Sneaky Pete- Solid, but unspectacular IMO. The pilot is very strong and the rest of the season is great, but not quite on the same level. Excellent show to have on in the background as you work because you probably won't miss many necessary plot details as it's rather character driven. Excellent performance by Bryan Cranston as the villain. (Amazon)

I was trying to think what that Expanse show's title was one day when I was looking for something.

That being said, I'm gonna go watch Westworld, I keep hearing about it.

Also, [inappropriate/removed] Amazon for not letting me Chromecast from my phone, what a joke lol

The only flaw with this show is that if you like to guess plot twists/ what will happen in future episodes (like me) you may be slightly disappointed for stretches. It was a bit too predictable at times (at least for me).

That being said, the season finished very strong and I didn't guess the final act correctly.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:

Billions- What would happen if the Big Short and Season 1-2 were smashed together. (Showtime)

The Expanse- Hard, Gritty, Sci-fi at its best. Best show from that genre in the last decade IMO. The first 3 episodes of Season 1 are used primarily as world-building and then episode 4 is where the story truly comes together. Season 1 is a step below Firefly, Season 2 is a step above Firely IMO (I know, heresy), although don't get the wrong idea they aren't the exact same show. (Syfy, I know but trust me on this one)

Honorable Mention: Sneaky Pete- Solid, but unspectacular IMO. The pilot is very strong and the rest of the season is great, but not quite on the same level. Excellent show to have on in the background as you work because you probably won't miss many necessary plot details as it's rather character driven. Excellent performance by Bryan Cranston as the villain. (Amazon)

I was trying to think what that Expanse show's title was one day when I was looking for something.

Also, [inappropriate/removed] Amazon for not letting me Chromecast from my phone, what a joke lol

The only flaw with this show is that if you like to guess plot twists/ what will happen in future episodes (like me) you may be slightly disappointed for stretches. It was a bit too predictable at times (at least for me).

That being said, the season finished very strong and I didn't guess the final act correctly.

I do that a lot but I'm not hard to please with shows.

I'm like 10 mins into it now haha.thanks
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blacklist and Arrow.

Although stop watching Arrow after season 1.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
The Blacklist and Arrow.

I'm a few behind on.Blacklist. This season hasn't pulled me in as much as it used to I guess.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
The Blacklist and Arrow.

Huge DC fan over here.

Arrow Season 1 & 2 are definitely very good.

Season 3 had a great set-up with Harley Quinn as the villain, but DC made them change that with little warning (because of the Suicide Squad movie) and it completely killed the momentum of the show.

The show basically went off the rails from that point forward, although I've heard that Season 5 was an improvement over 3 & 4.

Can't wait for Black Lightning.
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Need a new show. Recommendations?

black mirror

a nice man that goes under the alias Jaguarfan made this for me
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preacher is one of maybe five shows that I've ever actually gotten excited about and loved. The others were Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, Carnivale and Game of Thrones.

I'd say Preacher is like a mixture of the first three. Only two episodes in, but I haven't been more excited about a series in a long, long time. Actually not because Stranger Things is still pretty new.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally forgot about Mr. Robot (USA) [Season 1 is absolutely incredible and on Amazon Prime] and Atlanta (FX).
blankman0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:

I'm more mad at CBS, etc for making me sign in with a cable ID on Apple TV even though their station is free through the air.

For Amazon, just hook an HDMI up to your computer and stream away my friend. Annoying though that you need to jump through hoops to do it.
Csraverage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watching Mike Daniels compare Suh to an amalgamation of Andre The Giant, Stone Cold, Goldberg and The Rock.

Love that guy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm listening to YT and having a few beers before I go out and when I scroll my mouse wheel it creates an insane amount of noise/interference on my headphones lol. WTF
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:

How was the first episode? Or did you not get past the first 10 minutes? Laughing
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another incognito_baby_girl on the way this september. incognito_wife is excited she can watch all the games this fall enroute to another GB SB win. Cool
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:

How was the first episode? Or did you not get past the first 10 minutes? Laughing

I think I'm on EP 4 or so. I just been preoccupied with other crap so I haven't put it back on. Gotta wait until I'm in the mood to pay attention.

Into it so far.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
another incognito_baby_girl on the way this september. incognito_wife is excited she can watch all the games this fall enroute to another GB SB win. Cool

She tricked you into knocking her up so she could watch GB football.

I think that's a good thing but I can't tell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 31 of 49

Jump to: