Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 68: TT didn't want to pay for the Wahle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcerb44

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Anyone have any experience or recommendations when it comes to tablets?

What are you hoping to use it for? And do you have apple/android devices right now?

Not for me, for my mother. She had a Dell (w/ touchscreen), doesn't use the keyboard too often, and I think the iPad Pro 9.7" might be worth the investment (long-term).

Trying to find a mobile replacement that won't have security issues (for a novice user who doesn't necessarily know the most about technical maintenance). I feel going Apple might be the best bet long-term in that regard. Given she likes the touch screen and that the functionality of an Apple product would be easy to pick up on (she has an iPhone), the iPad made sense. I'm just wary of surprising her with a laptop that she won't fully use or might cause a headache down the road (she's worried about viruses/malware on her current laptop, so that's out of commission for the moment).

Yeah, I'd agree. iPad Pro is probably the way to go. Plus side, her photos should sync then between the two devices, internet history syncs, etc. Makes handing off between devices really easy. You can also add-on the keyboard to essentially make it a laptop. Could go bluetooth keyboard for cheaper (but less intuitive... pairing, etc) or spring for the $150 keyboard Apple makes that'll connect straight-away (i'd assume... I haven't tried one).

Unless you really want to go cheap (kindle fire) or be techy (android), I usually recommend just going the Apple route.

Honestly, I'd go with the Air2 over the Pro. For a hundred dollars less you can essentially get the same device but with 128GB of storage.

PRO:
240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm
2048 x 1536 resolution
12-megapixel rear camera (4K recording capable) and 5-megapixel front
A9X processor

Air2:
240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm
2048 x 1536 resolution
8-megapixel rear camera (no 4K) and 1.2-megapixel front camera
A8X processor

There is a noticeable difference between processor performance when involved with demanding applications. However, for what you described in terms of usage from your mother, I don't think it'll matter much. The other big difference is the camera, but that's going to be personal preference as it varies by user.

In sum, don't feel the extra 100-200 bucks for the PRO is worth it considering how you plan to use the device. I'd definitely recommend getting the AIR2, saving some cash and getting a near-identical product.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Anyone have any experience or recommendations when it comes to tablets?

What are you hoping to use it for? And do you have apple/android devices right now?

Not for me, for my mother. She had a Dell (w/ touchscreen), doesn't use the keyboard too often, and I think the iPad Pro 9.7" might be worth the investment (long-term).

Trying to find a mobile replacement that won't have security issues (for a novice user who doesn't necessarily know the most about technical maintenance). I feel going Apple might be the best bet long-term in that regard. Given she likes the touch screen and that the functionality of an Apple product would be easy to pick up on (she has an iPhone), the iPad made sense. I'm just wary of surprising her with a laptop that she won't fully use or might cause a headache down the road (she's worried about viruses/malware on her current laptop, so that's out of commission for the moment).

Yeah, I'd agree. iPad Pro is probably the way to go. Plus side, her photos should sync then between the two devices, internet history syncs, etc. Makes handing off between devices really easy. You can also add-on the keyboard to essentially make it a laptop. Could go bluetooth keyboard for cheaper (but less intuitive... pairing, etc) or spring for the $150 keyboard Apple makes that'll connect straight-away (i'd assume... I haven't tried one).

Unless you really want to go cheap (kindle fire) or be techy (android), I usually recommend just going the Apple route.

Honestly, I'd go with the Air2 over the Pro. For a hundred dollars less you can essentially get the same device but with 128GB of storage.

PRO:
240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm
2048 x 1536 resolution
12-megapixel rear camera (4K recording capable) and 5-megapixel front
A9X processor

Air2:
240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm
2048 x 1536 resolution
8-megapixel rear camera (no 4K) and 1.2-megapixel front camera
A8X processor

There is a noticeable difference between processor performance when involved with demanding applications. However, for what you described in terms of usage from your mother, I don't think it'll matter much. The other big difference is the camera, but that's going to be personal preference as it varies by user.

In sum, don't feel the extra 100-200 bucks for the PRO is worth it considering how you plan to use the device. I'd definitely recommend getting the AIR2, saving some cash and getting a near-identical product.

Nice, this is why I came here. Thank you! Any thoughts on the Apple keypad (if any)? I was leaning toward the Apple version to mitigate against any connectivity issues re: the Bluetooth (which I've read can be finicky when non-Apple products are paired with the iPad).
dcerb44

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

Nice, this is why I came here. Thank you! Any thoughts on the Apple keypad (if any)? I was leaning toward the Apple version to mitigate against any connectivity issues re: the Bluetooth (which I've read can be finicky when non-Apple products are paired with the iPad).

Keyboards is the one accessory product that's harder to nail down for people because they will vary drastically by personal preferences. I don't ever recommend products I've never used myself so this list will only include those particular ones.

Apple Smart Keyboard (150)
PRO:
slim and lightweight
doesn't require a charge (draws power from the ipad itself)
doubles as a stand
keys are evenly spaced

CONS:
price
feedback can be an issue

Logitech Create Keyboard Case (140)
PRO:
essentially same thing as apple keyboard (no charging)
keyboard is backlit
has dedicated button for media control
includes shortcut keys

CONS:
price
some people have complained it's too think. borderline for me

Zagg Folio Tablet Keyboard and Case (70)
PRO:
very durable case
adjustable viewing angles (opens and moves like a laptop)
battery life does last a long time (average is around a month)
half the price
backlit keys

CONS:
case is bulkier than first two
isn't as easy to open
bluetooth connection

Belkin QUODE Ultimate Keyboard Case for iPad Air2 (64.99)
PRO:
double battery life of the Zagg
aluminum frame (very sturdy case)
incredibly sleek looking
keys are very responsive
price

CONS:
keys are only decently spaced
bluetooth connection

You can find some cheaper models, but these are the one's I'd recommend most. Don't think you could go wrong with any of them. I would suggest taking your mother to BestBuy sometime to play around with a few of the floor models. They usually have a few of these out on display. That way you'll get a better idea on what feels most comfortable for her. With cases, I always suggest with going comfort first, then specs because there's not a drastic difference in the latter between products.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much. That's more than I could have reasonably hoped for!

I was thinking the Apple silicone case + Apple keyboard, but holy crap, are they expensive Laughing

This gives me a lot to chew on. Appreciate it though!
dcerb44

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

I was thinking the Apple silicone case + Apple keyboard, but holy crap, are they expensive Laughing

No problem at all, glad I could help.

Pro tip, if you're not in a hurry to purchase watch Target's ad. We've been running sales on iPads every other week lately and I've seen 10-15% Carthweel coupons drop a few times over the past few months as well. Additionally, we do price match BestBuy, Walmart, Sam's Club, and Amazon prices.

pf9 wrote:
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

If you go with the Air2 i'm not sure that the apple keyboard connects the same. You might be able to go with a cheaper one than the "smart" keyboard at that point. Something to look into.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
dcerb44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

If you go with the Air2 i'm not sure that the apple keyboard connects the same. You might be able to go with a cheaper one than the "smart" keyboard at that point. Something to look into.

Totally right. That completely glossed over my mind when thinking about compatible keyboards. Air2 only works with Bluetooth. My bad CF.

pf9 wrote:
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I thought the orphan team I adopted last season in squire's GB FF Dynasty League (14 Team) was well positioned for a nice little rebound in 2017 then the last week happened... I'm not sure there's another soul that had the overall value of their dynasty squad depreciate more since Thursday than me. Laughing

VERY Negative

Cameron Meredith (Mike Glennon is now the QB)
DeVante Parker (Kenny Stills just re-signed with the Dolphins)
Kenny Stills (Kenny Stills just re-signed with the Dolphins)
Kenny Britt (Signed with the Browns)
Josh Doctson (Redskins just signed Pryor)
Kenneth Dixon (Just received a 4 Game Suspension)
Zach Ertz (Eagles just signed both Jeffery and Smith so there should be a significant loss in target share).

Not Looking Good

Martavis Bryant (~10 Days ago GM spoke about Bryant in the past tense)
Stefon Diggs (~10 Days ago GM said there was no timetable for Bridgewater return so now Diggs is latched to Bradford.

Neutral

Donte Moncrief
Lamar Miller (Please football gods, let Romo sign with the Texans)

Positive

Carson Wentz

Absolutely brutal. I'm going to be rebuilding forever at this rate.

This is just as bad as I think it is, right?
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who suffers from mental health issues that makes it difficult to do my job, yet does it anyways, Larry Sanders can straight up kiss my a$$. Went from one of my favorite players to being on a level below guys like Greg Jennings. Sad thing is Bucks will probably have to still pay him as he picks up a ring with the Cavs.

He's living in the past again
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
As someone who suffers from mental health issues that makes it difficult to do my job, yet does it anyways, Larry Sanders can straight up kiss my a$$. Went from one of my favorite players to being on a level below guys like Greg Jennings. Sad thing is Bucks will probably have to still pay him as he picks up a ring with the Cavs.

+1
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

+1

i just read the 30sec cliffnotes, taking a 2 year break doesn't seem like a calculated move from my perspective.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

+1

i just read the 30sec cliffnotes, taking a 2 year break doesn't seem like a calculated move from my perspective.
I'm sure it wasn't a calculated move, but he should have to come back with the Bucks. The way the NBA works is nonsense, guys can complain their way out of a contract to sign with a powerhouse team and get that ring.

incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

+1

I'm sure it wasn't a calculated move, but he should have to come back with the Bucks. The way the NBA works is nonsense, guys can complain their way out of a contract to sign with a powerhouse team and get that ring.

did the Bucks want him back you think? (I don't follow bball at all)
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

+1

Whether the Bucks wanted him or not he should be under their control until they are done paying him his salary that they have to before he is able to go to another team.

bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

+1

Nope. He burned his bridges here.

Eric "Korean Jesus" Thames

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 28 of 33

Jump to: