You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 68: TT didn't want to pay for the Wahle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Yeesh, over 2 weeks on this one page alone.

For any internet users, do you know of any extensions that reliably block embedded videos from automatically playing? Similar to ublock but prevents annoying videos from playing (w/ sound!) on pages like CBS/SI.

No. But I did recently figure out that you can right click on the tab that is open and mute the tab. You could still listen to something else from a different tab without just killing sound for the computer.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "mute tab" is a winner, thx
I'm a dinosaur, surely there are smarter folks here.

I've had some success by right clicking on a web page, choosing "view page info" select "permissions" and then blocking the various items like plug ins, sound, load images etc. Doesn't work for all, but it does work for some.
SI is uber-lame with the auto-loaded videos and sound. Eff you Peter King ! if I wanted to hear you blather, I'd click on it

Turning off javascript works too, but it also shuts down some things you want when cruising around the web.
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh just dont update flash and then you will have to manually allow each and every video that wants to play

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else think automatically reviewing turnovers and touchdowns took a load of excitement out of football? Instead of, "HOLY BALLS IT'S A TURNOVER!" it's now, "Let's just wait and be sure."
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Anybody else think automatically reviewing turnovers and touchdowns took a load of excitement out of football? Instead of, "HOLY BALLS IT'S A TURNOVER!" it's now, "Let's just wait and be sure."

There was a certain drama to the coach actually having to throw the flag, like they are calling out the ref. Not that I think it was a bad idea. It does take some of the personality out of the game though.

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:

Yes. And touchdowns. Everything is delayed, the authentic joy has really gone down in that regard.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody on here do stock trading online? Any website preferences? Not really sure who to pick...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Anybody on here do stock trading online? Any website preferences? Not really sure who to pick...

Scottrade without a doubt.
BlondeonBlonde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson should be the spokesperson for the Nintendo Switch.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Logan, dude, bro, dude, Logan, dude, man, dude" - My extremely eloquent friend's review of Logan.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBzYP_l2rDQ

Shocked

six minutes worth

CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience or recommendations when it comes to tablets?

blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

What are you hoping to use it for? And do you have apple/android devices right now?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

What are you hoping to use it for? And do you have apple/android devices right now?

Not for me, for my mother. She had a Dell (w/ touchscreen), doesn't use the keyboard too often, and I think the iPad Pro 9.7" might be worth the investment (long-term).

Trying to find a mobile replacement that won't have security issues (for a novice user who doesn't necessarily know the most about technical maintenance). I feel going Apple might be the best bet long-term in that regard. Given she likes the touch screen and that the functionality of an Apple product would be easy to pick up on (she has an iPhone), the iPad made sense. I'm just wary of surprising her with a laptop that she won't fully use or might cause a headache down the road (she's worried about viruses/malware on her current laptop, so that's out of commission for the moment).

blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Not for me, for my mother. She had a Dell (w/ touchscreen), doesn't use the keyboard too often, and I think the iPad Pro 9.7" might be worth the investment (long-term).

Trying to find a mobile replacement that won't have security issues (for a novice user who doesn't necessarily know the most about technical maintenance). I feel going Apple might be the best bet long-term in that regard. Given she likes the touch screen and that the functionality of an Apple product would be easy to pick up on (she has an iPhone), the iPad made sense. I'm just wary of surprising her with a laptop that she won't fully use or might cause a headache down the road (she's worried about viruses/malware on her current laptop, so that's out of commission for the moment).

Yeah, I'd agree. iPad Pro is probably the way to go. Plus side, her photos should sync then between the two devices, internet history syncs, etc. Makes handing off between devices really easy. You can also add-on the keyboard to essentially make it a laptop. Could go bluetooth keyboard for cheaper (but less intuitive... pairing, etc) or spring for the $150 keyboard Apple makes that'll connect straight-away (i'd assume... I haven't tried one).

Unless you really want to go cheap (kindle fire) or be techy (android), I usually recommend just going the Apple route.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 27 of 56

Jump to: