Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

kurgan's 2017 draft pt.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: kurgan's 2017 draft pt.1 Reply with quote

Alright guys, not the BIGGEST Falcons fan, but having lived in the ATL for a while, I follow them. I am a huge fan of doing mock drafts and mock off-seasons, so I thought I would do one for the Falcs.

Rd.1—Lowell Lotulelei, DT Utah 6’2” 310
Grady and Babs are holding it down, but neither is an elite DT. Lowell brings immediate relief to them on running downs and with a developing pass rush arsenal, he could eventually become a 3 down lineman. I predict a run on edge rushers and instead of reaching at this spot, I would let an elite talent like Lowell fall. A vending machine with feet, Lotulelei is as good as his brother, and can hold the point for 10-15 years.
Rd.2—DeMarcus Walker, DE/Edge Florida State 6’2” 273
Gonna get knocked because of size, but his stats and numbers are irrefutable. Immediate help on pass rush in subpackages, he can get after the passer. Probably a little too small to play the 5 tech and make Tyson Jackson obsolete, but can get in the mix and take over for Brooks Reed and get after the passer.
Rd.3—Daniel Carlson, K Auburn 6’3” 218
Someone has to take the next great kicker!! Bryant goes off to the retirement home, and Carlson becomes a HOF kicker. Built like a WR and a helluva athlete, Carlson is a danger on fakes and has a huge leg. Would flourish in dome conditions.
Rd.4—Vince Biegel, OLB/DE Wisconsin 6’4” 245
I love Atlanta’s LB corps. Beasley is finally starting to see the light, and Campbell and Jones look like future all-stars. Biegel is cut from the same cloth and can play a variety of places. Pass rusher-check, WLB-check, MLB in subpackages-check, DE-maybe?? Another great piece for Quinn and the boys to play with.
Rd.5—Greg Pyke, OG UGA 6’5” 313
Will fall due to the Bulldawgs imploding this year, but a natural RG that had to play SEC tackle this year. Great kid, Academic All-American, came back senior year and probably hurt his stock. Road grader guard that is big and mobile and can pull and pin or zone block. Love his aggression, toughness and tenacity.
Rd.6—Jalen Myrick, DB Minnesota 5’10” 205
Love the CB corps too, but Myrick is an interesting guy. Height of a slot corner, weight of a nickel linebacker, coverage ability and tackling skills. Not elite speed is what will send him down, but he can be subpackaged in to be a helpful prescence.
Rd.7—Dalvin Tomlinson, 3 tech Alabama 6’2” 305
Another piece on the rebuilt DLine. Guy that is overshadowed with the elite DLine at Bama, but a guy that can play and was once a high 4* prospect. Will not run well and agility is not great, but a guy that produced in the SEC for a number of years and can compete for a spot.

UDFA—
Wes Lunt, QB Illinios 6’4” 225
Similar build as Matt Ryan, has great mechanics and technique but has not had the production that gets him elevated in the minds of scouts. Can make all of the throws that needs to made, just needs elite level coaching.
Kermit Whitfield, WR Florida State 5’8” 180
Slot receiver that can play off Julio Jones and Sanu and work in the spaces and make some plays. Fast and can double as a returner.
Rushel Shel III, RB West Virginia 5’10” 220
Zone running back that is very productive and understands protection schemes and is a better than average receiver.
Jaymar Parrish, FB Pitt 6’1” 270
Monster of a man who can run shortyardage, block on powers, and catch out of the backfield.
Tyler Catalina, OT UGA 6’6” 350
Camp/Project RT for competition. Forced to play LT at UGA, but a very good RT at Rhode Island.
Rayshawn Jenkins, FS Miami(Fl) 6’1” 208
A different type of safety prospect in the backend. More of an enforcer and much bigger than Allen or Therize.

DutchFalcon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really been looking into this years draft but judging from the games I've watched I'd like to adress the following needs.

FS: I like Allen and I thought he had a good year last year but this year he has been rather invisible. He's been looking as a solid backup rather then has a solid started so far imo. Upgrading him and getting a nice compliment to Neal would make this defence a lot better in one move.

OG: Need number two imo. Chester has been rather unimpressive this year. Having the Oline play well this year is one of the biggest factors of why this offense is good.

CB: With Alford gone and CB depth always being a good thing we could use one.

DE/DT: So far I've been pleasanty suprised the last few games. We could use a good partner for Beastly to rush the passer with but other then that I'm hoping the existing players continue to improve and step up.

TE: Is a possibility with Tamme possibly retiring and the way Shanny likes his TE's.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a kicker before the 6th round is the dumbest thing anyone can do. So No. NO on the kicker. just sign one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Taking a kicker before the 6th round is the dumbest thing anyone can do. So No. NO on the kicker. just sign one.

Hell why even do that kickers are a dime a dozen in the nfl you can get a good one off the streets just as good as drafting one half the time lol. Theirs always a solid reliable kicker hanging in FA most the time not a elite one but a solid one. To me let Bryant show you he can't handle it anymore before wasting a pick on one. As of right now the man is still kicking 50+ yards and hitting almost everything on a consistent basis. Their isn't a reason to believe he can't do it next year also as of right now. As long as he keeps kicking like he has this year and last year he can still do it at 50 for me XD
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace the kicker with an OG. I think guard is a big need of ours.

I get the pick with DT first over all.... makes sense.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Replace the kicker with an OG. I think guard is a big need of ours.

I get the pick with DT first over all.... makes sense.

Good move Billy Price in the 3rd sounds like a win to me if not him then go with the best FS available in the 3rd to upgrade Ricardo Allen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: