You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Annie Apple
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Annie Apple Reply with quote

I've been meaning to post about this... I'm really concerned about Annie Apple becoming a huge distraction. She is putting Eli Apple in an impossible situation with seemingly no regard for him. I was fine with her criticizing the Giants' handling of the Josh Brown situation. That was factually screwed up. But this conspiracy theory that the Giants are trying to use Eli to keep her quiet is disturbing.

If I'm the Giants, I'm trying to have a sit down with her to hash out their issues. I can't really think of any other situation like this but we've invested a lot in EA. We can't afford to lose out on that investment due to his mother.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing the Giants can do about her except not being idiots. She has a right to be angry. The Giants messed up badly.

As long as there are no more issues. this will blow over in a few weeks.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
There's nothing the Giants can do about her except not being idiots. She has a right to be angry. The Giants messed up badly.

As long as there are no more issues. this will blow over in a few weeks.

This may blow over but she will not. She is a "journalist" looking for a real gig so she won't shut her mouth regardless of the topic. She won't be nuts like Miko Grimes but just as distracting. Imagine if the Giants start losing? I wasn't enamored with the EA pick and honestly, I would look to trade him as soon as the season is over-- I know Belichick would and just keep players focused on football.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you need put journalist in quotes. She has degrees in English and TV production as well as have an impressive blog before Eli was drafted. ESPN and SI both hired her to write because she is talented.

She's not going to bad mouth the Giants for useless reasons or if they do bad. She will talk about important issues, especially ones that have directly affected her such as DV.

She absolutely should have attacked the Giants here and I wish more did
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Not sure why you need put journalist in quotes. She has degrees in English and TV production as well as have an impressive blog before Eli was drafted. ESPN and SI both hired her to write because she is talented.

She's not going to bad mouth the Giants for useless reasons or if they do bad. She will talk about important issues, especially ones that have directly affected her such as DV.

Attacking on the DV, absolutely. Turning it into them using her son to keep her quiet is a completely different issue. My biggest concern is that it seems any time she disagrees with the Giants, she's going to make a scene of it. She's not just a journalist. She's a mother to a player and her actions are putting him in an awkward spot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys remember when Gmen and GeeMen (and all other derivatives of "G" and "men") were harping on the Cowboys for actions that took place when Greg Hardy was a Panther? So how vocal have they been against the Giants organization for actions that took place while Brown was an actual Giant?
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
So how vocal have they been against the Giants organization for actions that took place while Brown was an actual Giant?

Why should they be vocal? If Brown lied to the Giants organization saying he never hit his wife, then when the facts came out that he might have, he was let go and organization owned up that it made a mistake and got rid of Brown.

Unlike the Cowboys who had all the facts and signed Greg Hardy, and the only reason why he is not still a Cowboy is because he was not productive.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
You guys remember when Gmen and GeeMen (and all other derivatives of "G" and "men") were harping on the Cowboys for actions that took place when Greg Hardy was a Panther? So how vocal have they been against the Giants organization for actions that took place while Brown was an actual Giant?

Very. Even before it became the media fire storm, before he was placed on the exempt list, the sentiment was get the bum off the team. So we are consistent. Just like Zeke who the prosecutor said that there wasn't enough to convict him BUT that he does believe that violence took place which since the Cowboys never do the right thing I would expect the league to do so since the league only needs a "more than likely" that it occurred unlike "beyond a reasonable doubt" in a criminal case. Will you support me, our entire forum in advocating that the Cowboys handle Zeke?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=580387

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Very. Even before it became the media fire storm, before he was placed on the exempt list, the sentiment was get the bum off the team. So we are consistent. Just like Zeke who the prosecutor said that there wasn't enough to convict him BUT that he does believe that violence took place which since the Cowboys never do the right thing I would expect the league to do so since the league only needs a "more than likely" that it occurred unlike "beyond a reasonable doubt" in a criminal case. Will you support me, our entire forum in advocating that the Cowboys handle Zeke?

If Zeke abused the girlfriend by the more likely than not standard, then he should be punished. However, anybody who has followed the situation knows that Zeke has text messages from the ex that absolutely destroy her credibility. This is not to mention that the people who were with them when the alleged abuse allegedly took place said that Zeke never touched her. And, above all else... the ex was involved in a bar fight around the time of the alleged abuse. Anybody who looks at this objectively is going to agree with the police. However, because the giants and NFL are getting heat over the handling of Brown... I think the NFL has to investigate Zeke regardless of how bogus the claim appears to be.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

If Zeke abused the girlfriend by the more likely than not standard, then he should be punished. However, anybody who has followed the situation knows that Zeke has text messages from the ex that absolutely destroy her credibility. This is not to mention that the people who were with them when the alleged abuse allegedly took place said that Zeke never touched her. And, above all else... the ex was involved in a bar fight around the time of the alleged abuse. Anybody who looks at this objectively is going to agree with the police. However, because the giants and NFL are getting heat over the handling of Brown... I think the NFL has to investigate Zeke regardless of how bogus the claim appears to be.

Hardy suggested that it was bogus too. The prosecutor believes that there was a "violent interaction" but under the heavy criminal law burden would not pursue it. If the prosecutor had a lesser burden, like the NFL does, then he would. I think that the NFL isn't pursuing it because of Josh Brown, or any other case but are pursuing it because a claim was made and at least 1 prosecutor believes that there is some truth to it and you can't get more objective than a prosecutor. Anyone who looks at it from Cowboy nation will look at it subjectively.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/prosecutor-believes-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-032246019.html

Should he get suspended, which I expect, the outcry will be that it is because of Josh Brown.

Anyway, on topic, I hope that Annie allows Eli to just focus on football and stop creating distractions for him.

Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Hardy suggested that it was bogus too. The prosecutor believes that there was a "violent interaction" but under the heavy criminal law burden would not pursue it. If the prosecutor had a lesser burden, like the NFL does, then he would. I think that the NFL isn't pursuing it because of Josh Brown, or any other case but are pursuing it because a claim was made and at least 1 prosecutor believes that there is some truth to it and you can't get more objective than a prosecutor. Anyone who looks at it from Cowboy nation will look at it subjectively.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/prosecutor-believes-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-032246019.html

Should he get suspended, which I expect, the outcry will be that it is because of Josh Brown.

Anyway, on topic, I hope that Annie allows Eli to just focus on football and stop creating distractions for him.

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Tiffany-Thompson-texts-2-326x436.jpg

Sorry, but anyone who reads these text messages from the "victim" will see how obvious it is that she is targeting Zeke. It's blatant.
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is about Annie Apple and the Giants. If you want to discuss another team's players take it to their forum.
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Attacking on the DV, absolutely. Turning it into them using her son to keep her quiet is a completely different issue. My biggest concern is that it seems any time she disagrees with the Giants, she's going to make a scene of it. She's not just a journalist. She's a mother to a player and her actions are putting him in an awkward spot.

I agree it puts Eli in an awkward spot, but I don't think Annie is going to make a big deal out of coaching or personal decisions. It's the outside the team where Annie will make her opinion known
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

The Giants cut Brown when the full story came out. The Cowboys sign dirtbags DESPITE knowing they're dirtbags. That's the difference. Pretty simple. Maybe you'll end up signing Brown.

This goes for Annie Apple and whoever else that's complaining. He's been cut. What more do you want the Giants to do? What more can they do?

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants are not exempt and they tried to push Brown under a rug

But let's keep the topic on Annie Apple only. I will give warnings if I have to

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: