Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 GDT: Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
PLease don't overreact to this win. We got one cheap against a rival with a really banged up quarterback. We got 1 flukey big play and an ST TD. Once again we couldn't move the ball on the ground or through the air.

I appreciate your suggestion, but I'm going to ignore it. A game like this I could care less how we win. Steelers-Ravens, was ugly? What else is new.

Loved the way the defense played. I'm going to choose to not overreact to garbage time, instead. Outstanding effort.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:
PLease don't overreact to this win. We got one cheap against a rival with a really banged up quarterback. We got 1 flukey big play and an ST TD. Once again we couldn't move the ball on the ground or through the air.

I appreciate your suggestion, but I'm going to ignore it. A game like this I could care less how we win. Steelers-Ravens, was ugly? What else is new.

Loved the way the defense played. I'm going to choose to not overreact to garbage time, instead. Outstanding effort.

At least blame Dean Pees for stuff...just give me some sort of back up Smile
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how anyone could be unhappy. Did you guys expect a 30-0 win over a good Pittsburgh team?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:

At least blame Dean Pees for stuff...just give me some sort of back up Smile

Nope. Just be happy for a week. Laughing

Tavon Young needs to continue to start. Granted, injuries will probably determine who plays in the secondary.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I wasn't able to watch. Based on Twitter is seems like Stanley was REALLY rusty, the run blocking was awful, and the defense stepped up bigtime.

Also, JUDON!
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
So, I wasn't able to watch. Based on Twitter is seems like Stanley was REALLY rusty, the run blocking was awful, and the defense stepped up bigtime.

Also, JUDON!

Yep, yep, yep, and YEP! McClellan is still starting of course. Pees can't get everything right.

Stanley struggled a lot today. But, James Harrison is a different kind of animal, especially against us. Like with Steve Smith, his age doesn't seem to matter. He's still going to beat up a rookie.
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Also, JUDON!

Depending on who you ask, we was dominant on defense largely due to big Ben not being himself. Once we stopped pass rushing and gave him time, he picked us apart.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quick and dirty observations:

#1 - Stanley looked VERY rusty. He was on ice skates all day when he wasn't holding people.

#2 - Matt Judon is going to be a great player. Though, I kind of do agree with him not starting -- I noticed several times he gave up his edge by over pursuing. He just need to fully learn that he has a role other than just get after the QB by any means.

#3 - Sr. brings the intensity. I don't think he's the player we even saw 2 years ago but similar to Ray in his final years, just his presence helps boost everyone else.

#4 - At this point I'd rather see Chris Moore get more snaps than Perriman until Perriman can play without looking like he has vertigo.

#5 - If we lock Williams up long term, an inside combo of him and Pierce will keep us at a top 10 run D for years to come. I also liked how I saw Pees put Pierce at NT and Williams at 5 tech on a few snaps.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
paraven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game and sat next to a few very sad steelers fans. It was awesome. The game live was much more exciting live then on TV because of the few big plays. The offense being so lethargic with the exception of the wallace play is very concerning. Im hoping this thursday will finally be the offensive break out game we need.

With the way the D is playing all we need is steady offensive play and we will be in the drivers seat for the division
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKna46Hescc

Such a character. Love it.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
CP3MVP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens fans, you guys wanted to fire Dean Pees last year but he has the Ravens defense 9th in scoring, 2nd in yards allowed, and 2nd against the run.

Laughing
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP3MVP wrote:
Ravens fans, you guys wanted to fire Dean Pees last year but he has the Ravens defense 9th in scoring, 2nd in yards allowed, and 2nd against the run.

We'd still like to fire Dean Pees.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:

We'd still like to fire Dean Pees.

Yep. If this year could exist in a vacuum, I'd be content, but it doesn't. Sample size isn't enough to overcome everything else we've seen. Talent-wise, this defense should be good; there are really good players at every level of the defense. So, it's not like he's manufacturing something out of nothing.

I rewatched those last couple drives for Pitt, and sure enough, free releases and 10+ yard cushions were aplenty. Granted, a lot of teams do that late with a big lead. Still, it confirmed that Pees' defense can't be trusted at all late in games.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Yep. If this year could exist in a vacuum, I'd be content, but it doesn't. Sample size isn't enough to overcome everything else we've seen. Talent-wise, this defense should be good; there are really good players at every level of the defense. So, it's not like he's manufacturing something out of nothing.

I rewatched those last couple drives for Pitt, and sure enough, free releases and 10+ yard cushions were aplenty. Granted, a lot of teams do that late with a big lead. Still, it confirmed that Pees' defense can't be trusted at all late in games.

While watching the ESPN Gamecast during that time I was wondering if that was case. With Pittsburgh picking up big chunks of yards through the passing game that they weren't prior to that I thought the chances of it were high. Pees is never going to change. He hasn't really done much different this season, there are just better players on the field. Unfortunately Dean won't be gone this offseason either since the defense isn't awful. Especially with a new offensive coordinator/staff coming in. They're not going to make too much change.

Anyways, did Elam and Lewis-Harris play much?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Anyways, did Elam and Lewis-Harris play much?

I didn't see either of them at all, though I wasn't looking closely. But they certainly didn't jump out at all.

As for Pees, like was said above, it's more about having better players on each level than Pees' scheme. We still aren't getting pressure and he isn't scheming it to work either. We're relying on our guys to straight up beat their men and we're just lucky that guys like Jernigan/Williams/Pierce have been doing a solid job on the DL to help with that.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: