Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Personnel changes coming?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest problem with our defense is our soft [inappropriate/removed] coverage. We aren't pressing receivers and giving 10+ yard cushions most plays. Even when we play on the line, we don't press, we instantly retreat. We are covering not to give up the big play instead of stopping them from getting the ball. You can't get a pass rush only rushing 4 players when the QB can throw 8-10 yards downfield to a wide open receiver 2 seconds after snapping the ball.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
I think the biggest problem with our defense is our soft [inappropriate/removed] coverage. We aren't pressing receivers and giving 10+ yard cushions most plays. Even when we play on the line, we don't press, we instantly retreat. We are covering not to give up the big play instead of stopping them from getting the ball. You can't get a pass rush only rushing 4 players when the QB can throw 8-10 yards downfield to a wide open receiver 2 seconds after snapping the ball.

This right here is the difference between Coyle and Joseph. We used to play like this during Coyle's last stint here as well.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:

This right here is the difference between Coyle and Joseph. We used to play like this during Coyle's last stint here as well.

For all the complaining that I do, that is the #1 issue with this team. We need to fire Coyle.

Also, what the team that will probably beat us this Sunday is doing that we're not: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/15/bills-putting-some-jobs-on-the-line-in-practice-this-week/
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you guys want to replace Nugent with Blair Walsh? I know he's been bad this year after shanking the FG in the playoffs. But he was pretty clutch before that I believe
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Would you guys want to replace Nugent with Blair Walsh? I know he's been bad this year after shanking the FG in the playoffs. But he was pretty clutch before that I believe

Eh I'd rather just draft a new guy in the offseason.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News today is that Ced has been made the backup LT and Fisher/Winston are the official starting RT now.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
News today is that Ced has been made the backup LT and Fisher/Winston are the official starting RT now.

Hopefully he does better at LT. I'm not worried about Ced yet. He's sucked so far, but he's young. It's when we play old vets that suck that annoys me.Laughing

If/when we get eliminated from the playoffs, I hope they let Ced play some at LT this season. Maybe a half or alternating every 2 series with Whit. We need him to develop quickly...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Hopefully he does better at LT. I'm not worried about Ced yet. He's sucked so far, but he's young. It's when we play old vets that suck that annoys me.Laughing

If/when we get eliminated from the playoffs, I hope they let Ced play some at LT this season. Maybe a half or alternating every 2 series with Whit. We need him to develop quickly...

He desperately needs to bulk up some this offseason and work on his balance. If he doesnt do that, I worry

BengalsBite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been seeing a lot of articles the past couple weeks about how marvin will probably be around next year. But if he is fired.. do you think with a new head coach, the bengal's handling of free agents and how we draft will change at all??
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsBite wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of articles the past couple weeks about how marvin will probably be around next year. But if he is fired.. do you think with a new head coach, the bengal's handling of free agents and how we draft will change at all??

No. That's all Mike Brown. We will still be a draft, develop and retain philosophy team.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
BengalsBite wrote:

No. That's all Mike Brown. We will still be a draft, develop and retain philosophy team.

Agreed. I'm sure a different HC might push to change some things, like targeting top FAs, but I wouldn't expect our main philosophy to change.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at an article off of NFL.com, these 4 coaches are going to be the top candidates to look at. This is the order of interest for me

1.Kyle Shanahan
2.Josh McDaniels
3.Teryl Austin
4.Jim Schwartz

Would rather have an offensive minded coach, so that way zampese won't be calling the plays anymore. McDaniels is the top prize on the market, but we've all seen him as a head coach before and he was terrible. Rather take a chance on Shanahan who hasn't had a shot yet, whom I'm surprised hasn't been given that chance yet.

Want Guenther to stay as the DC, doubt we have to worry about him getting hired elsewhere. A new defensive scheme head coach though may or may not make him want to leave though.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:

I would just say no to the Blair Walsh Project.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:

I would just say no to the Blair Walsh Project.

I look at a guy like Matt Prater who was given the boot from Denver after a really bad year after several good seasons in Denver. Kickers are one of the rare positions where a change of scenery can revitalize a career. Nugent, Vinatieri, Prater are just a few names off the top of my head that have done it. I'd rather take a chance on a guy whose done it in the league than risk getting an Aguayo early in the draft and watch him fall apart before his career even starts.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals cut Mike Nugent and signed Randy Bullock....

never thought I would see the day. I would have preferred to pick up a young guy who could earn a spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: