Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Personnel changes coming?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Personnel changes coming? Reply with quote

Quote:
ďWe have a lot of guys that have been here a long time, that have been fixtures in our system for a long time, but like I told them, itís a production business,Ē Guenther said on Tuesday.

ďEven though youíve been kind of a guy thatís been here, if I think thereís going to be a younger player that I think can do it better at this point, whether it be for 15 more snaps, Iíve got to look at that because some of the guys that have been here, that have been fixtures here, for some reason or another, whether itís age or whatever it is, they are not playing at a high level,Ē Guenther said. ďAnd Iíve got to figure out where I can inject some other guys that can do it better or at least try to.Ē

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/11/1/13490384/paul-guenther-suggests-changes-are-coming-young-players-could-see-more-snaps

We'll see if the Bengals finally man up and let the younger guys get a chance. We need to because some of the Vets are sucking. Let Clarke, DeShawn Williams, Dennard and Nick Vigil get more opportunities/snaps, IMHO...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, we aren't a super bowl team. Let's see what some of these guys have at this point.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll believe it when I see it

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

Exactly. Paulie will look at it, and ultimately find that there is nothing wrong with the guys playing, but that they need to "coach 'em up better"
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Exactly. Paulie will look at it, and ultimately find that there is nothing wrong with the guys playing, but that they need to "coach 'em up better"

Don't agree with that statement 'INB'

There is plenty wrong with the play of guys like Peko, MJ90 and Maualuga at the moment; its why we're clocking up 400+ yards passing per game; and missing tackles too often. Little or no rush pressure is huge.

Whether the young guys will play any better remains to be seen; but something has to change.
KennyBania

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well clearly what we've been doing hasn't worked. There isn't much to lose giving the younger guys more snaps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

There is plenty wrong with the play of guys like Peko, MJ90 and Maualuga at the moment; its why we're clocking up 400+ yards passing per game; and missing tackles too often. Little or no rush pressure is huge.

Whether the young guys will play any better remains to be seen; but something has to change.

I'm not saying that's what I think, I am saying that is what will come out of his and Marvin's mouth at the next presser. You know, the same crap they shovel down our throats every week.

Clearly, the defense is the problem on this team. With Eifert back, everyone has been playing better.

The defense looks like a junior high team. Always losing coverage in a soft zone.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

I'm not saying that's what I think, I am saying that is what will come out of his and Marvin's mouth at the next presser. You know, the same crap they shovel down our throats every week.

Clearly, the defense is the problem on this team. With Eifert back, everyone has been playing better.

The defense looks like a junior high team. Always losing coverage in a soft zone.

Sorry man for the misinterpretation.

Marvin is saying we need to tackle better. He may be right, but that makes the assumption that the reception has been made and a successful ball thrown. We just aren't getting pressure on the QB in the first place. Geno and Dunlap are rowing the boat by themselves up front; we need to try something else; maybe promote DeShawn Williams or Will Clarke. Peko is getting zero pressure. None.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we worked out some kickers and Marcel Reese.

I'll be disappointed if we work out all these guys and talk about all these changes and we trot out the same sorry bunch against the Giants after the bye...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

I'll be disappointed if we work out all these guys and talk about all these changes and we trot out the same sorry bunch against the Giants after the bye...

Prepare to be disappointed then. The only name I can see is Wallace Gilberry

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Prepare to be disappointed then. The only name I can see is Wallace Gilberry

I'd like to see Jordan Hill and DeShawn Williams active...
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a change in Secondary coach. Seems our DBs are bailing out as soon as the ball is snapped. We play up on the line and then retreat as soon as the ball is snapped. Ends up with WRs being wide open underneath in those 10-15 yard range. I think that has as much to do with our pass rush as the DLine. Can't expect to get pressure in the 2.5 seconds it takes for a 10 yard route to develop. Either our entire defense lost all the talent they've had for the last 5 or so years, or more likely it's a huge schematic flaw.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

I doubt we see any changes. Just doing due diligence to say we did

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the changes we'll see are less Michael Johnson and Margus Hunt, more Will Clarke. Probably continue to split snaps with Eric Winston/Ced. Josh Shaw may steal snaps from Kirkpatrick/Jones (though Shaw hasn't exactly been amazing in limited opportunities).

Vigil has been bad in limited opportunities, so has Dennard. So it's hard to reward them with increased snaps just because the starter isn't doing great.

I think there's a possibility that DeSean Williams may be active. But we have to remember that with these guys that have been inactive, it's usually for a reason. So don't get your hopes up. Cinderella stories are nice, but rare. They're usually back of the roster guys for a reason.

If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I think there's a possibility that DeSean Williams may be active. But we have to remember that with these guys that have been inactive, it's usually for a reason. So don't get your hopes up. Cinderella stories are nice, but rare. They're usually back of the roster guys for a reason.

I'm not expecting DeSean Williams to step in and be Geno Atkins, but from what I've seen of him I am confident he can provide more pressure than Peko in the middle. Or Clarke/Hunt playing inside on 3rd downs. We should inactive Hunt (or MJ93 if we really want to be bold) and let Williams get a shot...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: