You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Round 1 and the following 4 players are on the board for the Bucs. Who do we select?
JuJu Smith-Schuster / WR / USC
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Mike Williams / WR / Clemson
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Malik Hooker / S / Ohio St.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Jamal Adams / S / LSU
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

BucBall_76

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
xlfrosti wrote:
Right now here is the top WR FA in the up and coming season

Alshon Jeffery
V-Jack - I think he will retire
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Britt
Steve Smith
Anquan Boldin
Kamar Aiken
Brandon LaFell
Michael Floyd
Percy Harvin
Ten Ginn Jr.

Everybody worthwhile on that list is gonna get bigger money than they deserve. And Jackson and Jeffrey are gonna get the most. If we do sign either one of them, Evans is gonna get more. And he deserves it.

Just something to think about for those of you who always gripe about our cap spending.

Not directed at you. Just something I felt needed brought up.

if im in the driver seat i try to sign Djax and Floyd.

Evans and Floyd on the outside, Djax and Humphries on the inside, bypass WR with our 1st round pick......holes everywhere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
xlfrosti wrote:

Alshon Jeffery
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Britt
Steve Smith
Anquan Boldin
Kamar Aiken
Brandon LaFell
Michael Floyd
Percy Harvin
Ten Ginn Jr.

Everybody worthwhile on that list is gonna get bigger money than they deserve. And Jackson and Jeffrey are gonna get the most. If we do sign either one of them, Evans is gonna get more. And he deserves it.

Just something to think about for those of you who always gripe about our cap spending.

if im in the driver seat i try to sign Djax and Floyd.

Evans and Floyd on the outside, Djax and Humphries on the inside, bypass WR with our 1st round pick......holes everywhere

I am not certain yet who I prefer from the WR list, but I do think that the key here is to address WR in FA, not the draft. Draft value is clearly in favor of DL and S which just happen to be our two biggest needs. Some will continue to argue that WR is THE top need but the draft is not the place to address it this year.

Wouldn't mind Djax, Alshon, Garcon from that list. All of which have their strengths that separate them from the rest of the list. If we can get our hands on any of these players from the 1st round I'll be stoked:

Peppers
Allen
Garrett
Barnett
Adams
Hooker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
xlfrosti wrote:

Alshon Jeffery
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Britt
Steve Smith
Anquan Boldin
Kamar Aiken
Brandon LaFell
Michael Floyd
Percy Harvin
Ten Ginn Jr.

Terrance Williams and Kendall Wright also notable FA's. I think Floyd would be perfect but he is always injured it seems like. I'd spend money on him though because when he's on the field he makes plays.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pick up a couple of receivers in FA and go safety and Dline in the draft.

In terms of oline, I'd see what Bennenoch has later on this season at RT. Dotson has been dreadful for a while and seems to survive off hype from when he was one of the better RTs in the league. Donovan Smith blows hot and cold, but is getting better. He's not playing well right now, but outside of Mike Evans and one or two others, who is?

What we do with Pamphile will largely determine what kind of oline depth we go after in the draft. If we keep him at LG, I can see us taking a tackle in the fourth. If we want to move him back to tackle, I could see us going G/C to give us a solid enough interior line.

On Dline, I reckon we need to take BPA, whether that's an edge rusher or a tackle. I don't think there's a position on the Dline which we couldn't improve.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:

In terms of oline, I'd see what Bennenoch has later on this season at RT. Dotson has been dreadful for a while and seems to survive off hype from when he was one of the better RTs in the league. Donovan Smith blows hot and cold, but is getting better. He's not playing well right now, but outside of Mike Evans and one or two others, who is?

What we do with Pamphile will largely determine what kind of oline depth we go after in the draft. If we keep him at LG, I can see us taking a tackle in the fourth. If we want to move him back to tackle, I could see us going G/C to give us a solid enough interior line.

On Dline, I reckon we need to take BPA, whether that's an edge rusher or a tackle. I don't think there's a position on the Dline which we couldn't improve.

For me the tackle position has to get settled. I know the narrative has been Winston holds on to the ball too long. However, I think it masks the fact that Smith and Dotson haven't been good enough. There are a number of different ways they could go.

I'm not going to minimize the issues on defense , but I can't have Winston getting drilled more then any Qb in the league and hope he survives. I do find it interesting Robinson moved back up in the draft to pick Conklin. Don't get me wrong, our defense is horrible, but they have zero shot going forward if Winston gets hurt badly.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

For me the tackle position has to get settled. I know the narrative has been Winston holds on to the ball too long. However, I think it masks the fact that Smith and Dotson haven't been good enough. There are a number of different ways they could go.

I'm not going to minimize the issues on defense , but I can't have Winston getting drilled more then any Qb in the league and hope he survives. I do find it interesting Robinson moved back up in the draft to pick Conklin. Don't get me wrong, our defense is horrible, but they have zero shot going forward if Winston gets hurt badly.

Smith has had a rough couple weeks but since he's been drafted he's been pretty good. So I'm not going to say he's done yet. He shut down the likes of Quinn and watt last year.

Winston is a guy that will hold onto the ball long yet I also feel our offense is a bit old school vertical. Too many longer developing routes, Winston keying in on Evans a bit too much, play Calling , etc. Evans is a beast but better defenses will shift coverages. And yes I agree receivers need to step up.

Last year it seemed Winston was spreading the rock around. The play calling was better suited to getting it out quickly and yes we features Doug Martin heavily and we don't have him this year.

It's a concept of things. Koetter needs to alter his offense back a bit to more of a intermediate passing game and getting the ball out of Winstons hands quicker.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't commented here yet because I'm finding it hard to nail down where we will finish. Some also don't want to spend the $75,000,000 in FA but I'm finding that even harder to believe that some big name guys won't be coming to town which will really alter the route we go come draft time.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I haven't commented here yet because I'm finding it hard to nail down where we will finish. Some also don't want to spend the $75,000,000 in FA but I'm finding that even harder to believe that some big name guys won't be coming to town which will really alter the route we go come draft time.

Yeah but we've gone down that route before. Still haven't done squat. Some guys get paid and don't fit. There's a lot of variables for that to work. It's not just Tampa either. We go out and unload our cap in free agency that hoes against everything licht has stated.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Yeah but we've gone down that route before. Still haven't done squat. Some guys get paid and don't fit. There's a lot of variables for that to work. It's not just Tampa either. We go out and unload our cap in free agency that hoes against everything licht has stated.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

So it didn't work before so why try again? I'm not saying grab four guys and dump the $75M but I've read a few comments grab one guy and that's it or grab a few mid level guys which would be fine but who says either of those routes would work either? According to you our draft and development hasn't gone very smooth. If Licht can't hit his draft picks and he's not gonna spend because that's not what he's about then what?

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

So it didn't work before so why try again? I'm not saying grab four guys and dump the $75M but I've read a few comments grab one guy and that's it or grab a few mid level guys which would be fine but who says either of those routes would work either? According to you our draft and development hasn't gone very smooth. If Licht can't hit his draft picks and he's not gonna spend because that's not what he's about then what?

Don't forget that we can't pay our own guys either. They've gotta be David and McCoy good before they deserve money. Dotson (deservedly) got an extension? Psshhh.

Maybe we should go back to not spending any money at all. That way we can always talk about the draft. And with the rookie cap, we'll never overspend.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when the good teams build through the draft and supplement in FA , why not follow? You're suggesting we blow 75 million in FA and technically 4 guys? Lol.

I'm cool with spending money but not into a couple players here and there. Dom failed doing this. Licht failed as well. Out of all the money we dumped in FA since what 2012, only Jackson and McDonald have really panned out. And we didn't win more than 7 games.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good discussion. Kind of leaning toward Adams if this were the 1st round scenario. I still think we need to draft and develop a WR. Thoughts on Corey Davis from Western Michigan or John Ross from Washington? I think Ross could be more than a slot guy. Has DeSean Jackson potential with Evans as the WR1.

I wonder if Chandler Jones or Eric Berry hit the market? I think it's unlikely either one do, but either one would help fill a need. Pass rush and long term SLB or FS that actually knows what's going on. One of those guys would be my big FA addition if we had the option.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i saw of Hooker
big NO THANKS
his coverage sucks and thats the only reason we need a saftey

Adams please

Is it just weird of me to think that we cant trade for a high end saftey?
heck give up a 1st for Earl thomas and then pay the man
or a 3rd for chancellor
or a 1st for Berry AND PAY THE MAN (isnt berry going to be a FA too?? thought he was franchised)
our safteys are so bad , and 1st round picks are so hit and miss , rather just have a proven thing
never gonig to happen but just wishful thinking
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think yesterday changes anything in terms of what we need to be picking up in FA and the draft.

Adams or Peppers in the first, Dline in the second and OT in the third.

I know it's a huge need for us, but receiver really has to be a FA pickup I think. This just doesn't seem to be that good a draft for receivers, so we'd likely have to reach for a receiver and forego value in other positions of need. An OT helps this team far more than a reach at receiver.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: