Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Round 1 and the following 4 players are on the board for the Bucs. Who do we select?
JuJu Smith-Schuster / WR / USC
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Mike Williams / WR / Clemson
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Malik Hooker / S / Ohio St.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Jamal Adams / S / LSU
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... Reply with quote

Ok, so yes it's early and sure we could still win the division if we get good Jameis the rest of the year, but it's most likely we see improvement in the team while missing the wild card spot in the playoffs. Next year!

Three things need improvement if we are going to make a playoff run.

1. Jameis needs to be better and accurate (give him some more time)
2. We need a WR2 to help Evans
3. We need better safeties

All three needs can be addressed this offseason, but which way do we go in the 1st round?

It's early for a mock but the discussion started in the game day thread this week so... here we go.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juju Smith

Like I said, look what happened to our offense when Oakland took Mike Evans outta the game

We went from 10-12 play scoring drives to...

3 and out
3 and out
3 and out...oh wait Oakland gave us a penalty first down but 3 plays later we're punting
repeat the above till the game is over
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torn between Hooker and Adams, there is some great WRs in the 2nd round that would be a huge help on the offense like Corey Davis or Malachi Dupre in the 3rd

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams, dude is a stud. Think he goes higher then people think.

garbage
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn between Safety and WR, I just really want JuJu so I can finally have a Trojan to root for and it suits a huge need on the team right now.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm ju Ju smith to me isn't a first round prospect at this stage. Marlon Humphries shut him down and thats what he'll be seeing in the NFL.

I'll have to watch him against Sydney jones. He's still young at 20 years old but sometimes he may not be ready to contribute and if you take him in round 1 we need him to be NFL ready.

No one talks about Westbrook from Oklahoma or Corey Davis from western Michigan. Both are day two prospects that are starting potential as number 2 receivers.

As for safety I'm not sold on hooker. One he's a year 1 guy who has limited film. Two he's regressed some and people may look at his INT stats yet he's been burned an awful lot as well.

Pending on where we pick in round 1 don't reach for a receiver because you need one. If we get a shot at say , Jonathon Allen you run to the podium.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Hmm ju Ju smith to me isn't a first round prospect at this stage. Marlon Humphries shut him down and thats what he'll be seeing in the NFL.

I'll have to watch him against Sydney jones. He's still young at 20 years old but sometimes he may not be ready to contribute and if you take him in round 1 we need him to be NFL ready.

No one talks about Westbrook from Oklahoma or Corey Davis from western Michigan. Both are day two prospects that are starting potential as number 2 receivers.

As for safety I'm not sold on hooker. One he's a year 1 guy who has limited film. Two he's regressed some and people may look at his INT stats yet he's been burned an awful lot as well.

Pending on where we pick in round 1 don't reach for a receiver because you need one. If we get a shot at say , Jonathon Allen you run to the podium.

That sounds like a really arbitrary way to judge a prospect. It's one match up against a Top 10 prospect on a Top 5 defense. Nick Saban, who has never lost a season opener at Alabama, and his defensive coaching staff had the whole offseason to gameplan how to stop JuJu. What did you really think was going to happen?

I like Hooker and Adams along with Eddie Jackson, but my favorite of the bunch might be Budda Baker. He's light in the pants but his instincts are phenomenal. Honey Badger-like IMO.

As for the question being asked...if we pick Top-10 I would go with someone on the DLine. Mid 1st round I would go with JuJu or Budda Baker.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Buddha baker. But on ju ju smith: I don't want to say I don't like him but Humphries plays on a star studded defense that I'm not sure he's an elite corner prospect definitely first round.

That being said don't we judge receivers based how they perform against NFL talented prospects at corner?
nathan004

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

This has kind of been my stance on why we should focus on DL/S in the 1st all along. Is there really a WR worth taking in the first. Especially over the breadth of talent at our other major needs? Smith and Williams would be nice but neither are game changers that should go in the mid to early 1st where I expect us to be picking.

At the rate we are playing I'll put us just outside the top 10 which more than likely puts us out of reach of Garrett, Allen, Peppers and possibly Adams. Maybe Barnett is the best option for us realistically.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I like Buddha baker. But on ju ju smith: I don't want to say I don't like him but Humphries plays on a star studded defense that I'm not sure he's an elite corner prospect definitely first round.

That being said don't we judge receivers based how they perform against NFL talented prospects at corner?

Key word being prospects. The way that you phrased your argument it seems like you have made up your mind based on one match up.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Key word being prospects. The way that you phrased your argument it seems like you have made up your mind based on one match up.

Not made up on him. He's still only 20 years old and shows lots of potential but he's for sure a boom or bust type of prospect. Kinda have to see more against better corners.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooker or Adams please. I like Smith as a player but I think its best for Winston to get proven reliable targets in FA. Get a stud in the back end of the secondary, please. Think Hooker is better in coverage but Adams is more physical. Either one is fine, I'm leaning towards Hooker.

Best case scenario we grab a DT and then Eddie Jackson in round 2
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now here is the top WR FA in the up and coming season

Alshon Jeffery
V-Jack - I think he will retire
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Britt
Steve Smith
Anquan Boldin
Kamar Aiken
Brandon LaFell
Michael Floyd
Percy Harvin
Ten Ginn Jr.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xlfrosti wrote:
Right now here is the top WR FA in the up and coming season

Alshon Jeffery
V-Jack - I think he will retire
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Britt
Steve Smith
Anquan Boldin
Kamar Aiken
Brandon LaFell
Michael Floyd
Percy Harvin
Ten Ginn Jr.

Everybody worthwhile on that list is gonna get bigger money than they deserve. And Jackson and Jeffrey are gonna get the most. If we do sign either one of them, Evans is gonna get more. And he deserves it.

Just something to think about for those of you who always gripe about our cap spending.

Not directed at you. Just something I felt needed brought up.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Jason licht signing Jeffery. First things first is to lock up mike Evans. Hes earned #1 WR contract status.

Jeffrey will get paid and he's had a hard time staying healthy. I'm not sure we go that route.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: