You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Top Ten Tomorrow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
I just get the feeling that no matter who you put at 4, they're going to regret going to the playoffs
Washington might be able to hang around because of Ross and Pettis but sooner or later Bama pills away easily

Penn St would probably struggle quite a but

You actually have a good point about Washington.

I think they're really underrated here because of how late they play and also because their schedule has been sketchy.

But Browning and Ross and Pettis could make a lot of plays. And if Alabama has bad Lane calling plays, anyone in the playoffs could beat them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny how UDub loses one game to a top 10 team, and suddenly they don't deserve a spot in the playoffs. Never mind wins against Stanford, Utah, WSU and Colorado...
JammerHammer21

zelbell wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
I just get the feeling that no matter who you put at 4, they're going to regret going to the playoffs
Washington might be able to hang around because of Ross and Pettis but sooner or later Bama pills away easily

Penn State would die. McSorley's air game is throw up a prayer and hope the WR comes down with it. You think Bama's DBs are making the mistakes Wisconsin's did? And as good as Wisconsin's front is, Bama's is better. We know what happens when PSU plays a team with a defense of Bama's caliber considering it happened earlier this season with Michigan, and PSU got destroyed.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
candyman93

Viewsfromthe206 wrote:
I find it funny how UDub loses one game to a top 10 team, and suddenly they don't deserve a spot in the playoffs. Never mind wins against Stanford, Utah, WSU and Colorado...

I know the feels.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USC is really good too. I think that if they didn't open their season with Alabama, they'd be in the conversation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
USC is really good too. I think that if they didn't open their season with Alabama, they'd be in the conversation

They are who I want to face in a bowl game if we get left out. A high quality opponent in the rose bowl does nothing but help with exposure in recruting. I don't care about the entertaining aspect.

Last edited by candyman93 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
PAW

RollEagles wrote:
zelbell wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

I think they're really underrated here because of how late they play and also because their schedule has been sketchy.

But Browning and Ross and Pettis could make a lot of plays. And if Alabama has bad Lane calling plays, anyone in the playoffs could beat them.
I like Washington and think they can beat Ohio State and Clemson if they are on, but Browning has really poor arm strength and I can't see him being able to throw on Bama in tight windows. I see him getting picked several times, especially since your DL would destroy their OL.
RollEagles

I say that about USC not to say that I think a 2 loss USC would be in consideration.

But I mean that I think the blowout loss to Alabama had that program reeling for a little bit. 52-6 is tough especially since USC essentially spent all season prepping for Alabama as if it was a game they could win.

Last edited by RollEagles on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in the Washington is sold short camp. I think they'll lose to Bama definitely but they'll put up a MUCH better fight than Penn State would.

And on another note I think Clemson is the 4th best team (after Bama, OSU, Michigan) but have the best chance at beating Bama out of anyone. All about matchups and your QB when it comes to them. They should've beat them last year without the balls to do an onside kick.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
zelbell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
I think they would be in the discussion as the best two loss team, but they'd still be sitting out this weekend with two conference losses and Colorado winning the Pac 12 South

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Count me in the Washington is sold short camp. I think they'll lose to Bama definitely but they'll put up a MUCH better fight than Penn State would.

And on another note I think Clemson is the 4th best team (after Bama, OSU, Michigan) but have the best chance at beating Bama out of anyone. All about matchups and your QB when it comes to them. They should've beat them last year without the balls to do an onside kick.

I can't emphasize this enough. Outside of an OSU type team in 2014 (even they had an incredible game from Cardale) and Auburn with the RPO Kick 6 game, every team that has beaten Alabama in the last few years has bad an incredible performance from their QB.

Watson is the one who scares me the most. I still think he's the best weapon in college football right now.

Last edited by RollEagles on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
zelbell wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

Frankly, if y'all play like you did today, Washington can give you quite a game.

It really comes down to their OL.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Frankly, if y'all play like you did today, Washington can give you quite a game.

If we feed Bo and Damien early and control the game from the start, I don't think anyone beats Alabama.

But we didn't do that today and we really haven't done that all year and it's really frustrating.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I can't emphasize this enough. Outside of an OSU type team in 2014 and Auburn with the RPO Kick 6 game (even they had an incredible game from Cardale), every team that has beaten Alabama in the last few years has bad an incredible performance from their QB.

Watson is the one who scares me the most. I still think he's the best weapon in college football right now.

Talent-wise, 'Bama is just so stacked compared to pretty much every other team at so many positions, but if a top QB just completely goes off in a game it can practically neutralize that talent differential everywhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

If we feed Bo and Damien early and control the game from the start, I don't think anyone beats Alabama.

But we didn't do that today and we really haven't done that all year and it's really frustrating.
I'd trust our defense against your offense to keep it manageable, but it's our offense against the defense that would be an issue. Smith tries to get too cute at times, and that's an issue.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: