Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lorenzo Taliaferro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Lorenzo Taliaferro Reply with quote

You all think he will work his way into the rotation more? Will he see goal line carries since he's the biggest back you all have?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Taliaferro Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
You all think he will work his way into the rotation more? Will he see goal line carries since he's the biggest back you all have?

He will not have any fantasy value

Especially not this year with how our offense is playing.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West will still be the guy getting carries at the goal line. He's earned that and does well there... as long as it's a power run at least.

Taliaferro played a decent amount of snaps last week and will likely continue to do so because he's the best pass-blocking back on the team. Doesn't do a whole lot for a fantasy team though. Lorenzo is a good runner in his own right but the team wants West and Dixon out there for that.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
West will still be the guy getting carries at the goal line. He's earned that and does well there... as long as it's a power run at least.

Taliaferro played a decent amount of snaps last week and will likely continue to do so because he's the best pass-blocking back on the team. Doesn't do a whole lot for a fantasy team though. Lorenzo is a good runner in his own right but the team wants West and Dixon out there for that.

I like Lorenzo's pass-catching ability too. I think that's an underrated part of his game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I like Lorenzo's pass-catching ability too. I think that's an underrated part of his game.

He's solid there too, but Allen, Dixon, and Juszczyk are ahead of Taliferro as a receiver out of the backfield. Kyle in particular will get the snaps/plays in that facet that could go to Lorenzo. I'm probably Taliaferro's biggest fan on this forum but there isn't much opportunity, outside of pass-blocking, for him at the moment.

But the offensive line is so shameful that nobody is going to consistently look good.
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

He's solid there too, but Allen, Dixon, and Juszczyk are ahead of Taliferro as a receiver out of the backfield. Kyle in particular will get the snaps/plays in that facet that could go to Lorenzo. I'm probably Taliaferro's biggest fan on this forum but there isn't much opportunity, outside of pass-blocking, for him at the moment.

But the offensive line is so shameful that nobody is going to consistently look good.

I'd like to see Baltimore use Taliaferro like the Pats use Blount. I doubt that happens though. Tally seems intent on lowering his body fat%.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
I'd like to see Baltimore use Taliaferro like the Pats use Blount. I doubt that happens though. Tally seems intent on lowering his body fat%.

Not as long as West is in the rotation at running back. He's actually been fine in that regard when the offensive hasn't been completely awful, which is more common than not. Taliaferro wouldn't be doing any better in the same situation. Nor would a prime Adrian Peterson. It's been that bad.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently this guy is on the chopping block.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

absolutely he is, though if hes cut it won't be until camp most likely. no reason to.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
the lone star wrote:

absolutely he is, though if hes cut it won't be until camp most likely. no reason to.

He's the type of guy I could see some teams super interested in. Big, can block and catch, has some speed as a runner too. Not sure if he fits my Cowboys system though.

Do you all think he could legitimately play FB for a team?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
the lone star wrote:

He's the type of guy I could see some teams super interested in. Big, can block and catch, has some speed as a runner too. Not sure if he fits my Cowboys system though.

That's an interesting question, and one that may be answered by Baltimore if Juszczyk signs elsewhere. Taliaferro is a good pass-blocker in the backfield but there's no evidence of him blocking for another running back. Still, if the Ravens think Lorenzo has potential there and Kyle is gone he will probably get a chance there in training camp. Along with someone like Boyle. Don't think another "true" fullback is brought in.
OleXmad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
the lone star wrote:

His future career is probably playing FB since he's not gonna get a shot at being a RB with the injuries and bodies ahead of him this year.

He could end up being a solid FB since all they really do is block/catch checkdown passes for maybe 300 snaps a year.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
the lone star wrote:

That's an interesting question, and one that may be answered by Baltimore if Juszczyk signs elsewhere. Taliaferro is a good pass-blocker in the backfield but there's no evidence of him blocking for another running back. Still, if the Ravens think Lorenzo has potential there and Kyle is gone he will probably get a chance there in training camp. Along with someone like Boyle. Don't think another "true" fullback is brought in.

You guys gotta find a way to keep Kyle. He brings the Juice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
the lone star wrote:

His future career is probably playing FB since he's not gonna get a shot at being a RB with the injuries and bodies ahead of him this year.

He could end up being a solid FB since all they really do is block/catch checkdown passes for maybe 300 snaps a year.

I'd like to see him got to another team where he can be the primary backup. I liked what I saw from him in 2014 when he had to take a solid amount of carries. Obviously he did well as a receiver back then too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
OleXmad wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
the lone star wrote:

I'd like to see him got to another team where he can be the primary backup. I liked what I saw from him in 2014 when he had to take a solid amount of carries. Obviously he did well as a receiver back then too.

2014 is the season Justin Forsett looked great. And we saw how quickly that faded after Kubiak left.

It was the scheme more than the players honestly. But obviously having both Osemele and Yanda at G didn't hurt things either.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: