Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I envy the chargers 2nd/3rd rounders

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Personally, I am averse to spending 3 draft picks on OL in the weakest OL class that I have seen.
It's almost like we should have addressed it in Free Agency.

I think everyone agrees with you here on that...but it doesn't seem like we think our OL is as bad as some fans do (personally, I think it's overblown). Pass pro was decent last year (not great, but decent), and the run blocking improved quite a bit once Hackett stepped in. We definitely need an OG and a guy to push Parnell on the outside+insurance for Albert, but I think our OL is better than people are pushing on social media.
We absolutely needed the high profile addition that Cam brings to a starting role. We need a swing Tackle for insurance with Albert and Parnell's iffy at times play, and we need someone who can step in if someone goes down (or if Cann doesn't play well). Three additions. We don't need three starters, but we need to stop looking at starters only and pretending like we don't have really bad depth issues too.

Yeah. Exactly. Cam Robinson having the ability to provide insurance and/or competition at LT/RT in addition to G is pretty big. Our OT play hasn't been good enough, and the whole Albert thing is far from a lock to work out. Nor is Parnell guaranteed to not suck.

We needed a swing tackle with upside, and we got one. Who also has the option of kicking inside for now if Albert/Parnell actually do prove solid.

We got one. Pretty ideal really.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorian Johnson in the 4th.

Corn Elder in the 5th.

^^el ramster^^
VLoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimme Kittle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
Gimme Kittle

yes pls

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Dorian Johnson in the 4th.

Corn Elder in the 5th.

I'd be cool with this, also would be cool with a TE like Kittle and Butt here in next round or two.

El Ramster on the sig
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the TEs like Kittle or Butt would be pretty swell here.

Vince Biegel would be pretty neat here too. Move over Poz, etc.

Also feel like it might not be a bad spot to grab a big man NT type. Not sure how much they'll ultimately have a guy like that on the field...but with Roy gone, doesn't feel like there's a lot of depth to it. A few interesting guys that would fit the mold available.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:

Also feel like it might not be a bad spot to grab a big man NT type. Not sure how much they'll ultimately have a guy like that on the field...but with Roy gone, doesn't feel like there's a lot of depth to it. A few interesting guys that would fit the mold available.

Butts and Kittles are the type of players that Coughlin likes from the TE I think

Players I like Brantley, Bucky Hodges, Dorian Johnson, De De Westbrook (he has off the field concerns), Butts, and Kittles.

Biegel is relatively small and I think his game translates to a 34 OLB I don't see him as a scheme fit for us Wisconsin used him to run free and create pressure. In the NFL you'll have to do more then just run free in space he has to be able to do more on the field and I don't think he will be able to translate in 43 because I don't think he can cover well enough.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Butts and Kittles are the type of players that Coughlin likes from the TE I think

Players I like Brantley, Bucky Hodges, Dorian Johnson, De De Westbrook (he has off the field concerns), Butts, and Kittles.

Biegel is relatively small and I think his game translates to a 34 OLB I don't see him as a scheme fit for us Wisconsin used him to run free and create pressure. In the NFL you'll have to do more then just run free in space he has to be able to do more on the field and I don't think he will be able to translate in 43 because I don't think he can cover well enough.

Brantley has major off-field stuff. Wouldn't go anywhere near him.

Butt and Kittles do both seem to fit the mold of a Coughlin TE and would fit with the run-first sort of direction we appear headed in.

With Biegel, i'd be looking at him as a SAM. Don't think he's really a pure get after the QB edge guy. He has some ability there, but he also has a good deal of sideline to sideline run and chase ability, and probably more coverage ability than Poz or Skuta and a bunch of other guys we've tried there, etc. Or a guy like Vic Beasley or Bruce Irvin for instance. He's not completely unable to cover. Realistically, if it's a serious coverage look they're after on a particular snap...the SAM is coming off the field anyway...whether it's Poz or a guy more like Biegel.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then Biegel is immediately gone anyway. Laughing So nevermind i guess. Wink
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There goes Biegel... Crying or Very sad

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaleel Johnson to MIN, great pick. Guy is good.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the heck?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Butt and Kittles do both seem to fit the mold of a Coughlin TE and would fit with the run-first sort of direction we appear headed in.

With Biegel, i'd be looking at him as a SAM. Don't think he's really a pure get after the QB edge guy. He has some ability there, but he also has a good deal of sideline to sideline run and chase ability, and probably more coverage ability than Poz or Skuta and a bunch of other guys we've tried there, etc. Or a guy like Vic Beasley or Bruce Irvin for instance. He's not completely unable to cover. Realistically, if it's a serious coverage look they're after on a particular snap...the SAM is coming off the field anyway...whether it's Poz or a guy more like Biegel.

Brantley has concerns but the issue that popped up 2 days before the draft for Brantley seems more like a ploy or extortion than Brantley knocking the female out. A lot of eye witnesses have come to Brantley's aid and said the girl was drunk and he pushed her out his face she was never knocked to the ground she was just trying to cash in by settling out of court.. Brantley's reps said if you want a settlement see us in court hardly admission of guilt for a guy. Brantley had a 2nd round grade before she pulled that stunt.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Brantley has concerns but the issue that popped up 2 days before the draft for Brantley seems more like a ploy or extortion than Brantley knocking the female out. A lot of eye witnesses have come to Brantley's aid and said the girl was drunk and he pushed her out his face she was never knocked to the ground she was just trying to cash in.

I certainly don't know what really happened or didn't happen. But like i said, i wouldn't go anywhere near it. Don't really care about the details. Just not the sort of thing i'd want looming over this organization that i cheer for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

Jump to: