Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
Doing a mock in the gm thread, results so far.
R1 Leonard Fournette
R2 Evan Engram
R3 Carl Lawson
Would you guys be happy with this and what position would you look to draft next?
I was thinking OG or OT and maybe a safety.

I'd sign up for that haul all day.

Fournette and Engram in the first 2 rounds would be pretty ideal really. I like Lawson too, don't mind that.

Definitely would look to O-Line next. Probably would've even preferred to look there earlier...but a guy like Lawson fills a need too, so no real complaints.

But an OT who could have some versatility to kick inside would probably be ideal there. Given our new (injury prone) starting LT...having someone young, with upside to fill in would be nice. But ability to play on the interior might be the faster route to get on the field to start with for a rookie...if Albert somehow stays healthy.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My full mock draft on the draft simulator Fanspeak don't really think ST will be there when we pick but he was there in the simulator. Same with the Joe Mixon pick i'm not a fan.. but the team need a boost offensively so the trigger was pulled. I'm not sure White falls to the fourth but that is a pick I made based on the future in case we lose Colvin next offseason. Thompson is a guy that I feel will be slept on and could be a player that could replace Gipson incase we want to shed his contract after next offseason.

4: R1P4 EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS STANFORD
35: R2P3 G FORREST LAMP W KENTUCKY
68: R3P4 RB JOE MIXON OKLAHOMA
110: R4P3 CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE LSU
148: R5P4 TE JAKE BUTT MICHIGAN
187: R6P3 S TEDRIC THOMPSON COLORADO
222: R7P4 DL DEANGELO BROWN LOUISVILLE
240: R7P22 G JAKE ELDRENKAMP WASHINGTON

CBS Updated Mock board thats how my draft turned out. Which haul is better?

4: R1P4 RB LEONARD FOURNETTE LSU
35: R2P3 S OBI MELIFONWU CONNECTICUT
68: R3P4 G DORIAN JOHNSON PITTSBURGH
110: R4P3 TE BUCKY HODGES VIRGINIA TECH
148: R5P4 WR DEDE WESTBROOK OKLAHOMA
187: R6P3 CB MARQUEZ WHITE FLORIDA STATE
222: R7P4 EDGE KEIONTA DAVIS CHATTANOOGA
240: R7P22 FB FREDDIE STEVENSON FLORIDA STATE
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette

Last edited by DuvalsKing on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently we brought in Garrett Bolles this week who also met with our OL coach before. Sounds like hes high on pur board probably.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
So apparently we brought in Garrett Bolles this week who also met with our OL coach before. Sounds like he's high on our board probably.

Bolles is solid big young fella.. he has the type of frame that can still add 15lbs if needed, he plays with a streak solid in pass protection and he can be a road grader in the run game he would be a good prospect behind Albert.. I think if he goes down with injury I think the young guy can fill in nicely in spot duty.. and replace him down the road. I think this team needs to evaluate for the future we are going to see a lot of people that Caldwell sign will start to sign else where here shortly I expect players like Robinson, and or Lee to sign else where the Jags need to be proactive and not reactive.
DTMW78

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
Doing a mock in the gm thread, results so far.
R1 Leonard Fournette
R2 Evan Engram
R3 Carl Lawson
Would you guys be happy with this and what position would you look to draft next?
I was thinking OG or OT and maybe a safety.

4th round Adam Bisnowaty OT Pittsburgh.
Solid RT prospect imo could probably play some og also.
Thoughts on the pick and suggestions for the next pick.

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
VLoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As draft inches closer, I'm having a real hard time getting hyped for Fournette.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
As draft inches closer, I'm having a real hard time getting hyped for Fournette.

Watching his tape on youtube and I am having zero trouble with that...

Do I want to take a RB at 4? Not really. I think there is some very solid RB's we could find in rd 3 or 4. But with Mike Kaye saying multiple sources of his indicate a DL at 4 isn't going to happen Fournette makes loads of sense. Feel like it's far more likely than Bolles (who we seem to like with the one visit with OL coach and bringing him in again last week) or OJ Howard. Maybe QB (think we are definitely in that camp with all the QB's we are bringing in and checking out. That's more than just due diligence.

Maybe Lattimore? IDK.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two weeks away baby.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Two weeks away baby.

So excited.

Any of you guys doing anything? Couple buddies want me to drive to their place two hours away and stay the weekend but man...I want to strictly be in front of the TV and laptop following it's every moment all weekend. I know that isn't going to happen, especially Saturday, if I go.

Such a nerd with the draft, can thank the Jaguars for being utter garbage for a decade for that.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:

Watch his 2015 tape when he was healthy.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
VLoo wrote:

Makes people miss, runs people over, has the next gear. Countless times last year even with our below average run blocking was there times where Yeldon and Ivory missed obvious holes. Don't think we'd have to worry about that with Fournette.

His running style and freakish ability I'd love to have here. I'd prefer to go a RB later like I said, but I don't know how you can't get excited about the thought of a guy with play-making abilities like that when we desperately need more on the offensive side. We've needed to find our next great RB since MJD left, Fournette would be that guy. Bortles I don't think finds the success we want if we keep making him throw and throw and throw absurd amounts a game.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
VLoo wrote:

Makes people miss, runs people over, has the next gear. Countless times last year even with our below average run blocking was there times where Yeldon and Ivory missed obvious holes. Don't think we'd have to worry about that with Fournette.

His running style and freakish ability I'd love to have here. I'd prefer to go a RB later like I said, but I don't know how you can't get excited about the thought of a guy with play-making abilities like that when we desperately need more on the offensive side. We've needed to find our next great RB since MJD left, Fournette would be that guy. Bottles I don't think finds the success we want if we keep making him throw and throw and throw absurd amounts a game.

Maronne is not stupid thats what helped get Gus out the door a little quicker because Gus didn't stick to the forecast of expectations of things that were suppose to happen for last season. Attempts for Bortles were suppose to be down but it was around the 8th game of the season when Caldwell looked up Blake was like top 3 in attempts. Caldwell grew frustrated with the Gus and the offensive staffa week or 2 later Olson was fired. I don't know where this team is going draft wise if its Fournette I just pray we can get at least 6 pro bowl caliber years from him.
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used 3 of our 30 private visits on qbs. Pretty obvious the jags want to draft one at some point this year if those numbers are true.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
We used 3 of our 30 private visits on qbs. Pretty obvious the jags want to draft one at some point this year if those numbers are true.

I think this team may go back to a similar build to when TC was here prior. QB maybe drafted every other year from here on out i.e. Rob Johnson, and David Gerrard. Thats pretty substantial because TC was drafting QBs when we were pretty set with Burnell back in the day.

SN: Derek Barnett name is heating up I won't be surprised if the first 4 picks are lineman personally like I said when its all said and done Barnett will have a better career than Allen. I understand everyones infatuated with Allens size and power but I promise you Allen will only provide value for a 43 team is if he is able to play 3 Tech which he would not gain any ground on our squad. We are in need of someone who can play maximum snaps across the board the more dominate players on the field at a time is going to strengthen the team and push them to more wins. I don't think he is going to create that much noise within the league he is not going to over power NFL level line talent. Drafting Allen to play behind Malik or Campbell isn't a good idea for a number 4 overall pick. Barnett is quick twitch and is a polished pass rusher. This biased Tenn article (still a interesting read) seems to think Barnett will end up being a better pass rusher than Myles Garrett. I'm not to sure about that but who knows. I also don't think they should take Barnett because of his subpar shuttle drills.

https://allfortennessee.com/2017/04/11/nfl-draft-barnett-garrett/2/
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
VLoo wrote:

His running style and freakish ability I'd love to have here. I'd prefer to go a RB later like I said, but I don't know how you can't get excited about the thought of a guy with play-making abilities like that when we desperately need more on the offensive side. We've needed to find our next great RB since MJD left, Fournette would be that guy. Bortles I don't think finds the success we want if we keep making him throw and throw and throw absurd amounts a game.

Yeah. Honestly, i get the hesitation on a RB with a high pick...usually. But Fournette is pretty freakish and has the potential to be a guy who can truly dictate gameplans. Drag guys down into the box out of respect for what it takes to bring him down and how dangerous he can be when he breaks through. In addition to being able to fight yards out of some ugly situations. That's what this team needs if there's any chance Bortles is going to be the guy.

Obviously we need to build an actually respectable Offensive Line to get anything out of a high pick RB...that's the nature of the beast. But that's gotta be a priority regardless. You don't not draft a potentially special RB just because your O-Line currently sucks. You draft the RB and find ways to fix your garbage line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 24 of 35

Jump to: