Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
all signs point to LF.

i think it's a desperation move to give bortles every opportunity to be the guy by hoping we strike on a zeke elliott type of player.

i still like cook better as an nfl prospect.

This pick isn't just for 2017. This pick is for the next several years if its LF. If Bortles busts, we'll have a rookie most likely come 2018. You don't think having a good running game will be pivotal for him?

With Jon Allen's shoulders and Garrett being off the board by the time our pick comes, it's not so cut and dry. Solly Thomas would make a ton of sense but he may very well be gone after his insane combine too. Then you have Lattimore who is great but has hamstring issues that we have to be ok with, etc.

We aren't drafting Adams.

There isn't a ton of options. If they believe LF is going to be an elite caliber RB, I'm cool with it.

I'm totally on board with a Fournette pick here. But i do think there's more work to be done on that O-Line before we start talking about a solid run game. Fournette isn't going to fix that all by himself.

Yup, with you there. I do think Albert is better than Beachum though. Linder is a stud. Cann I think needs to move to LG, but we'll see. Parnell played better once he got healthy as did our run game (Hackett taking over also was big for this).

We need good depth to push guys, but really there's only one spot open in reality and that's whatever OG that Cann isn't playing. I really thought we'd get one of those top OG's. You gotta think we are eyeing one of those top OG's in the draft.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert-Cann-Mangold-Linder-Parnell

I could live with that. I'd still take an interior O-Lineman pretty high in the Draft.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

I could live with that. I'd still take an interior O-Lineman pretty high in the Draft.

Apparently teams in on Mangold have asked him if he'd move to OG...

I don't see us landing him with his age/want to win. We have too many questions.

El Ramster on the sig
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
all signs point to LF.

i think it's a desperation move to give bortles every opportunity to be the guy by hoping we strike on a zeke elliott type of player.

i still like cook better as an nfl prospect.

This pick isn't just for 2017. This pick is for the next several years if its LF. If Bortles busts, we'll have a rookie most likely come 2018. You don't think having a good running game will be pivotal for him?

With Jon Allen's shoulders and Garrett being off the board by the time our pick comes, it's not so cut and dry. Solly Thomas would make a ton of sense but he may very well be gone after his insane combine too. Then you have Lattimore who is great but has hamstring issues that we have to be ok with, etc.

We aren't drafting Adams.

There isn't a ton of options. If they believe LF is going to be an elite caliber RB, I'm cool with it.

I'm totally on board with a Fournette pick here. But i do think there's more work to be done on that O-Line before we start talking about a solid run game. Fournette isn't going to fix that all by himself.

Yup, with you there. I do think Albert is better than Beachum though. Linder is a stud. Cann I think needs to move to LG, but we'll see. Parnell played better once he got healthy as did our run game (Hackett taking over also was big for this).

We need good depth to push guys, but really there's only one spot open in reality and that's whatever OG that Cann isn't playing. I really thought we'd get one of those top OG's. You gotta think we are eyeing one of those top OG's in the draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying to scoop up Fournette's teammate Ethan Pocic in maybe the 3rd round or so? Seems like a versatile guy who could provide some push at multiple positions. Even if he is kinda unusually tall for an interior O-Line guy.

Danny Isidora has kinda caught my attention too, as a potential mid-rounder depth pick to maybe provide a bit of push.

Assuming we don't go chasing one of the top guys like Lamp in the late 1st/early 2nd sort of range like you suggested.

I love Lamp.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Until 3 of them get hurt before the bye

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Until 3 of them get hurt before the bye
\

Sad Face.
VLoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Miller is mocking Fournette to the 9ers. What do we do if it's
1. Garrett
2. Fournette
3. Thomas
4. Jump off a cliff?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
Matt Miller is mocking Fournette to the 9ers. What do we do if it's
1. Garrett
2. Fournette
3. Thomas
4. Jump off a cliff?
Howard. FS (whoever the top one is). Cry. Screw up the pick.

Live life like you're down 3-1
FreeDaJags

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no they aren't drafting a TE who didn't even produce in college 4th overall. We'd probably take Lattimore.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Allen or Hooker. My mind changes every week though.

^^el ramster^^
mijags

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 Pick 4: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford (A)
Round 2 Pick 3: Forrest Lamp, OG/OT, Western Kentucky (A-)
Round 3 Pick 4: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 4 Pick 3: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A-)
Round 5 Pick 4: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (A-)
Round 6 Pick 3: Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Channing Stribling, CB, Michigan (A)
Round 7 Pick 22: D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss (B-)
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
I'd take Allen or Hooker. My mind changes every week though.

So draft a d-lineman who is a 1 trick pony with minimum pass rush skills, a mediocre combine and bad shoulders 4th overall. I still go with the notion top 5 picks need to be immediate impact players. I shouldn't have to wait 2 to 3 years for a top 5 pick to make an impact on my team. For example Fowler he should have been producing day 1 for example Bosa. Allen has to many flags to go top 5. I highly doubt Allen registers over 7 sacks year 1 so sure i'd fly to Vegas to put a mortgage payment on it. That production is not top 5 worthy.. and I get it sacks are not everything and they are not. But when I see Allen measurable I just see Alualu all over again or a little better but not much. Also injuries are inevitable you don't want to be a team that knew a guy had shoulder problems and then take him and 3 years into his career he blows his labrum and is never the same again.. But you knew the risk and wasted a premium pick on it? Not smart. If they invest a pick in Allen i'm going to blow a gasket.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - ????
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God i hope we dont go TE at 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen isn't a one trick pony. He's a complete player.

I couldn't care less about his combine numbers. Gerald McCoy put up basically the same combine numbers as Allen. Pop in the tape. Allen is one of the best D-Lineman in this Draft. He can play anywhere along the D-Line.

I get the concerns with the shoulders but I'm not apart of the Jags medical staff. Im sure they will do extensive work on his shoulders and if they feel comfortable with it, I'm pretty certain he will be the pick if Thomas is already off the board.

People are going to overthink Allen and they really shouldn't IMO.

Tom loves his big uglies, so I can definitely see Allen happening.

A rotation of Campbell, Thomas/Allen, Poe (possibly), Abry, Malik, Ngakoue, Fowler (plz get better) would be pretty damn good.

^^el ramster^^
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Allen isn't a one trick pony. He's a complete player.

I couldn't care less about his combine numbers. Gerald McCoy put up basically the same combine numbers as Allen. Pop in the tape. Allen is one of the best D-Lineman in this Draft. He can play anywhere along the D-Line.

I get the concerns with the shoulders but I'm not apart of the Jags medical staff. Im sure they will do extensive work on his shoulders and if they feel comfortable with it, I'm pretty certain he will be the pick if Thomas is already off the board.

People are going to overthink Allen and they really shouldn't IMO.

Tom loves his big uglies, so I can definitely see Allen happening.

A rotation of Campbell, Thomas/Allen, Poe (possibly), Abry, Malik, Ngakoue, Fowler (plz get better) would be pretty damn good.

Never realized that, just looked it up and you're right. For as much of an athletic freak that McCoy was portrayed to be coming out I'm a little surprised to see all that.

I'm with you on Allen being a complete player, I don't think he'll win consistently on the edge, but he can move inside and out and he's always going to be stout against the run.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: