Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VLoo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hays Carlyon threw out that he'd take Lattimore at #4. His injury history is obviously concerning, but if Thomas is gone... I don't hate it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
Hays Carlyon threw out that he'd take Lattimore at #4. His injury history is obviously concerning, but if Thomas is gone... I don't hate it.

How can you?

I was all in on Jon Allen at #4 and still would be very happy with him, but if you have any questions with his shoulder look elsewhere. We aren't taking a safety. If Solly is gone, what edge is worth #4 overall? Barnett I like but top 5 is rich for him and he isn't a force player. Tim Williams didn't have near the combine I expected.

It's basically Lattimore, Solly, or LF imo.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're taking Fournette

Live life like you're down 3-1
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
They're taking Fournette

I personally think this is what happens to with how much they keep saying they need to be better around Blake while pointing at the running game. Now, you bolster the run blocking with Albert over Beachum, seem to be in on Zeitler who is a beast in the run game, etc.

Makes too much sense.

Another potential darkhorse at #4 imo is OJ Howard. Dude is a freak. Not huge on a TE at #4, but imo he can be a game changer. TE class is deep though.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
They're taking Fournette

It's looking that way.

^^el ramster^^
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
They're taking Fournette

I personally think this is what happens to with how much they keep saying they need to be better around Blake while pointing at the running game. Now, you bolster the run blocking with Albert over Beachum, seem to be in on Zeitler who is a beast in the run game, etc.

Makes too much sense.

Another potential darkhorse at #4 imo is OJ Howard. Dude is a freak. Not huge on a TE at #4, but imo he can be a game changer. TE class is deep though.
Coughlin has never been big on tight ends though.

He really likes the big bell cow backs, even when he had Fred, he really liked guys like Stacey Mack to use in certain situations (biggest reason Fred's TD total is so low).

Also possible he drafts DL so we have a ton of guys there, but I think Fournette is most likely, for better or worse.

.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
They're taking Fournette

Makes too much sense.

Coughlin has never been big on tight ends though.

He really likes the big bell cow backs, even when he had Fred, he really liked guys like Stacey Mack to use in certain situations (biggest reason Fred's TD total is so low).

Also possible he drafts DL so we have a ton of guys there, but I think Fournette is most likely, for better or worse.

Hays Carlson was talking on twitter about how in talks with Coughlin kept stressing to him how he wanted a TE who has rare formation flexibility and can be a very good blocker AND receiving TE. OJ Howard fits that to a tee. I think as far as talent goes he should go in the top half of the 1st.

I do think as of right now though you're right, have to imagine Fournette is the guy/most likely our pick.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a tendency breaker for Coughlin and a real positive. He's never spent much on a Tight End and practically always has blocked first types as his niche for the position. A trade down for Howard would be good though. OT sure he's worth it at 4. Though I'm not sure Fournette is either.

.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
That would be a tendency breaker for Coughlin and a real positive. He's never spent much on a Tight End and practically always has blocked first types as his niche for the position. A trade down for Howard would be good though. OT sure he's worth it at 4. Though I'm not sure Fournette is either.

Yeah I hear ya.

OJ Howard is one of those guys Id be shocked about for a minute than love like 5 minutes later. #4 is a tough spot if Solly is gone tbh.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to watch some Fournette highlights.

^^el ramster^^
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all signs point to LF.

i think it's a desperation move to give bortles every opportunity to be the guy by hoping we strike on a zeke elliott type of player.

i still like cook better as an nfl prospect.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
all signs point to LF.

i think it's a desperation move to give bortles every opportunity to be the guy by hoping we strike on a zeke elliott type of player.

This pick isn't just for 2017. This pick is for the next several years if its LF. If Bortles busts, we'll have a rookie most likely come 2018. You don't think having a good running game will be pivotal for him?

With Jon Allen's shoulders and Garrett being off the board by the time our pick comes, it's not so cut and dry. Solly Thomas would make a ton of sense but he may very well be gone after his insane combine too. Then you have Lattimore who is great but has hamstring issues that we have to be ok with, etc.

We aren't drafting Adams.

There isn't a ton of options. If they believe LF is going to be an elite caliber RB, I'm cool with it.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So before the combine there seemed to be a big split between LF and Cook and now most everyone is sold on LF as the pick?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
So before the combine there seemed to be a big split between LF and Cook and now most everyone is sold on LF as the pick?
Cook had an all time bad combine. 91% of RBs performed better than him.

Coughlin's type is also the bigger, physical type.

Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
all signs point to LF.

This pick isn't just for 2017. This pick is for the next several years if its LF. If Bortles busts, we'll have a rookie most likely come 2018. You don't think having a good running game will be pivotal for him?

With Jon Allen's shoulders and Garrett being off the board by the time our pick comes, it's not so cut and dry. Solly Thomas would make a ton of sense but he may very well be gone after his insane combine too. Then you have Lattimore who is great but has hamstring issues that we have to be ok with, etc.

We aren't drafting Adams.

There isn't a ton of options. If they believe LF is going to be an elite caliber RB, I'm cool with it.

I'm totally on board with a Fournette pick here. But i do think there's more work to be done on that O-Line before we start talking about a solid run game. Fournette isn't going to fix that all by himself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: