Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THE 2005 BROWNS REMIND ME OF:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harold650

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: THE 2005 BROWNS REMIND ME OF: Reply with quote

The 1969 Steelers for a lot of reasons.

Chuck Noll arrived to a devastated team, fresh off drafting fat bust offensive tackle Mike Taylor from USC in 1968 in the first round and brought intelligent coaching and good drafting to a team where they had not had either for years or decades. The Steelers did not become champions until 1974 (1972 was a fluke with "The Immaculate Reception"), but they were solidly on their way to much better days.

To me, our Browns are in the same place. With an excellent GM and a good coach, there will be hope and good results coming. Luck will not be the determining factor for the team's future.

PS: Same situation applied to the Cowboys when Jimmy Johnson took over in 1989.

Shocked
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's very true... thanks for getting our minds off all this draft talk... we need the break lol

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: