Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC beating SD, PIT beating BAL, NE beating MIA.

NE must win to beat MIA to ensure the 1 seed, PIT beats BAL to lock down the 3 seed and AFC North. SD without Melvin Gordon looks like trash on O - completely different team. Pretty good odds IMO.

Frankly, our ability to win is the bigger issue ATM - win, and worry about other games next week.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncoquake wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
My understanding of what needs to happen for the Broncos to reach the playoffs:
1) Win both final games (at Chiefs, vs. Raiders)
2) New England beats the Dolphins in week 17
3) Ravens lose to the Steelers OR lose to Cincinnati
4) Dolphins lose to Patriots
5) Chargers lose to the Chiefs

In short, Denver needs Kansas City to finish 11-5 with the #5 seed. If all these events occur, Broncos get the #6 seed and will then play a wildcard game on the road, probably against the Steelers.

Tough requirements and the odds are very low....

You have the Pats beating the Dolphins on there twice.

Ooops. I guess I really wanted the Dolphins to lose!

Ravens are now eliminated. Only the Broncos still have a chance to move into the playoffs. If only they weren't trailing KC now....

A good summary of the playoff status:
http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my playoff prediction: I'll root for any of the 11 teams that are not the New England Patriots.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Turn out the lights..." The Broncos have only the final regular-season game left. No playoffs this year.

1) New England (AFC East leader)
2) Oakland (AFC West leader)
3) Pittsburgh (AFC North leader)
4) Houston (AFC South leader)
5) Kansas City (wildcard)
6) Miami (wildcard)
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
"Turn out the lights..." The Broncos have only the final regular-season game left. No playoffs this year.

1) New England (AFC East leader)
2) Oakland (AFC West leader)
3) Pittsburgh (AFC North leader)
4) Houston (AFC South leader)
5) Kansas City (wildcard)
6) Miami (wildcard)

Next week KC has the Chargers and we have the Raiders, sans Carr, there's a chance KC gets the two seed.

elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Here's my playoff prediction: I'll root for any of the 11 teams that are not the New England Patriots.

That's how I see it too lol.

We didn't make it, didn't deserve it this year. I believe we're now locked into the highest draft pick we've had since taking Von. We've got to nail it, should be an exciting offseason.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is everyone supporting?

Personally I'd like to see one of the Steelers, Dolphins, Giants or Lions win it all.

Fify.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Personally I'd like to see one of the Steelers, Dolphins, Giants or Lions win it all.

Should be a fun playoffs. I think its wide open, and there are a ton of teams that I wouldn't be surprised to see win it all.

NFC Power Rankings
Dallas
Seattle
Green Bay
New York
Atlanta
Detroit

AFC Power Rankings
Pittsburgh
New England
Kansas City
Oakland
Miami
Houston

Prediction: Pittsburgh vs Dallas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're overrating the Cowboys. They are a classic case of a team that is gonna run out of steam.

I think whoever wins the probable Giants/Packers wildcard game will go all the way, probably to face the Pats.

It would be freaky if the Giants win in Lambeau again and then beat the Patriots in the SB. That would be three times in a row.

Fify.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be New England vs Dallas. Yuck!

Would love to see Steelers vs Packers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any AFC team than New England, would be fun to see PIT, for sure. KC would get rolled in the big game with Andy Reid having to game call, same for OAK, if they somehow made it, without Carr.

DAL is the favorite, but man, their D is so flawed. That OL is sick, though.

The reality is that every contender is flawed, witness:

-NE's pass D and lack of Gronk really brings them back to the pack. Their pass rush, while good, is very thin, with all of their losses from the offseason and injuries.

-OAK's loss of Carr is a killer.

-PIT's D and Big Ben's bad play of late, really makes them vulnerable away from home.

-DAL's lack of D stopping ability, and the NFL finally has figured out how to get pressure on Dak the last 3 games. He adjusted well vs. TAM, but better D's are in play

-SEA would be a huge nemesis to DAL, but losing Earl Thomas, and now Lockett as their 3rd passing option, really hurts them a lot.

-GB is coming on, but man, that D was just horrid for a long stretch. Dunno if they're really back, or just facing weaker competition.

Any other result than NE from the AFC, and I'm fine with. NE-SEA would be a disaster entertainment wise.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas is so young and inexperienced in the bright lights. And that giant, ostentatious stadium does not provide a very good home field advantage; it's very impersonal. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a more experienced battled hardened team like the Packers or Giants go in there and win in the divisional round. Remember the Giants are 2-0 against the Cowboys this year.

In the AFC, I don't think anyone is going to beat New England, the other five teams are too flawed and Foxboro is such a hard place to win.

paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Dallas is so young and inexperienced in the bright lights. And that giant, ostentatious stadium does not provide a very good home field advantage; it's very impersonal. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a more experienced battled hardened team like the Packers or Giants go in there and win in the divisional round. Remember the Giants are 2-0 against the Cowboys this year.

In the AFC, I don't think anyone is going to beat New England, the other five teams are too flawed and Foxboro is such a hard place to win.

The Steelers are the only team that has a shot. The question is whether they can stay healthy and bin the Dolphins and whoever wins the AFC West.

Fify.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Patriots looks like the huge favorite. I'd give them a 35% chance of winning SB-51.

Dallas is the emotional fan favorite. But I don't think they are ready to win it all. An attacking defense could shut down their offense like Wade Phillips disrupted Carolina's. Odds = 15%.

Steelers, Packers, and Seahawks (in that order) are slightly behind the Cowboys. Odds = 10%.

Atlanta Falcons could be a surprise team. They have a potent offense. With a few lucky breaks, they could reach the Super Bowl. Current odds = 5%

I can't figure out the Chiefs. They look solid but not special.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

I actually like the Steelers, but don't want them to win the AFC, along with the Patriots. I also do not want to see the Cowboys make it to the Super Bowl. The reason is that those teams are all tied with the Broncos for the most divisional championships...so, I am going to wish for a classic Super Bowl...Chiefs/Packers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: