Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
How awful were those games, I hope the super bowl can redeem this weekend.

What I couldn't believe was how PIT thought they stood a chance rushing 3 guys and playing off-coverage zone. As vanilla as KC's O has been even with Kelce and Hill, they would have offered way more resistance.

ATL-NE should be a great SB - I hope so, because other than DAL-GB and the drama of KC-PIT late, the playoffs have been one big snoozer. We might have won ugly last year, but at least the games were tight through and through.

Their style of Defensive play matches up terribly vs the Pats offense. Their only shot was to control the clock and win the shootout. Bell went out and it was over. I think Elway built our D to take away the pass happy O of the current game. Our D is amazing...our O needs a medium boost to make this interesting next year.

As for the SB, I see no reason why Kyle can't continue to roll vs the Pats. Mike was always Bill's Achilles heel, it should continue with the style of offense. Atlanta just needs to get to Brady a few times.
"I don't think he was happy with the cologne I was wearing. I was wearing a lot of it and I guess he wasn't happy with it. I was on him a lot at the end of the game so everybody doesn't like my smell."
-Von Miller
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL is a copy-cat business. The adage has been "defense wins championships". But will Atlanta win SB51 through a great offense? If so, teams might copy the Falcon offense that gets receivers open.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Bob the Falcon's defense is pretty good too. Not as elite as the Broncos, but they are good. I mean, they shutout the Packers in the first half.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
^^^Bob the Falcon's defense is pretty good too. Not as elite as the Broncos, but they are good. I mean, they shutout the Packers in the first half.

That game was interesting for how Atlanta changed its defensive plans. Dan Quinn had been mainly using cover-3 from the days when he was at Seattle. Against the Packers I saw a lot of man coverage. Maybe Quinn made the change because Aaron Rodgers had thrown 4 TDs against the Falcons in the regular season when they had zone coverage.

The narrative for SB51 is top offense (Atlanta scored 33 points/game) versus top defense (NE allowed 16 points/game).

I agree that many reporters are ignoring Atlanta's defense. Their defense had been fast and athletic. Maybe the individual players have gelled into a unit that can stop Tom Brady. The unknown is how Belicheck and McDaniels will attack Atlanta.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

That game was interesting for how Atlanta changed its defensive plans. Dan Quinn had been mainly using cover-3 from the days when he was at Seattle. Against the Packers I saw a lot of man coverage. Maybe Quinn made the change because Aaron Rodgers had thrown 4 TDs against the Falcons in the regular season when they had zone coverage.

The narrative for SB51 is top offense (Atlanta scored 33 points/game) versus top defense (NE allowed 16 points/game).

I agree that many reporters are ignoring Atlanta's defense. Their defense had been fast and athletic. Maybe the individual players have gelled into a unit that can stop Tom Brady. The unknown is how Belicheck and McDaniels will attack Atlanta.

Cover-3 will get ATL killed against Brady. The switch to man defense is notable because ATL looks better prepared to face Brady being willing to play man-to-man. Brady just carves up zones.

I give ATL a great shot to pull the W out, if their DL can get pressure. That's the key - 4-man pressure, and man-to-man to take away the quick-hitting sub-2.5 sec read that Brady makes a living with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: