Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I am going to go Falcons all the way on this one. If the Falcons play the Steelers in the Super Bowl, they will torch that defense.

I'd love to see Atlanta torch NE, but Pittsburgh will be just as fun. GB is probably too banged up.

No idea why Kyle is heading to SF...stupid...he's better off riding the Atlanta offense a few more years...best chance for Lombardi IMO.

Hmmm...he will be earning millions of dollars and living in the Bay Area. I'd take that deal in a minute.

Plus, I don't think it takes as much to turn a team around anymore these days. A few good FA signings and a few great draft picks, and you can go from 2-14 to 14-2 the next year.

I know of a team that was 2-14, and went to the playoffs the next year...oh yeah! That was the Broncos.

Living in the Bay Area and making millions is so last year...
"I don't think he was happy with the cologne I was wearing. I was wearing a lot of it and I guess he wasn't happy with it. I was on him a lot at the end of the game so everybody doesn't like my smell."
-Von Miller
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like San Frans situation besides the owner they have a better roster than that record shows Kelly's offense sets teams up to fail.

They have plenty of free agent money. Honestly of Kyle wants a quick turn around send the number 2 pick for Cousins. Cousins is a QB you could totally build around.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when "hot coordinator" Dan Quinn was mocked as a terrible choice for Broncos HC along with "hot coordinator" Adam Gase? Boy did we screw the pooch on that front.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Remember when "hot coordinator" Dan Quinn was mocked as a terrible choice for Broncos HC along with "hot coordinator" Adam Gase? Boy did we screw the pooch on that front.

Since we won a SB I don't think it was a terrible call, even with 2016.

Re: Quinn before we get too ahead of ourselves I want to see how Quinn does without Shanahan as OC next season. That's an improving D unit, but it's entirely a product of that juggernaut O.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Since we won a SB I don't think it was a terrible call, even with 2016.

Re: Quinn before we get too ahead of ourselves I want to see how Quinn does without Shanahan as OC next season. That's an improving D unit, but it's entirely a product of that juggernaut O.
Short term no we didn't lose anything by not hiring Quinn. Long term I think that hire pays off more than Kubiak since he obviously is retired. But we can't really complain since we did win a SB.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won a Super Bowl...wouldn't change a thing.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
We won a Super Bowl...wouldn't change a thing.

Yep. Same here.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubiak was the perfect coach at the time. Hard to argue with results.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Kubiak was the perfect coach at the time. Hard to argue with results.

I am not complaining. The Kubiak hire was what the team needed as he wasn't the lax HC that Fox was.

But he does get more credit than he deserves. The offense is and was a joke under him. Luckily the defense was historically great.

Mike and Kyle aren't much different. Mike gets crowned as a hero in Broncos country, which is why Kyle was such a hot commodity for most (I'd have been incredibly upset if he were the hire), but none of Mike, Gary, or Kyle, have show the ability to change their offense. People point to Kyle and Atlanta and how he has used "so many players" but it's because they are there to be used. Kyle, just like his father needs to wait for an HC job where the talent fits and the offense is basically set before an HC job. He will crash and burn McDaniels style if he takes the 49ers job. He's not a special coach nor motivator. Just like his Dad he is reliant on having specific pieces in place.

To me, Kubiak was a better HC than Mike. He's always done more with less.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I am going to go Falcons all the way on this one. If the Falcons play the Steelers in the Super Bowl, they will torch that defense.

I'd love to see Atlanta torch NE, but Pittsburgh will be just as fun. GB is probably too banged up.

No idea why Kyle is heading to SF...stupid...he's better off riding the Atlanta offense a few more years...best chance for Lombardi IMO.

Hmmm...he will be earning millions of dollars and living in the Bay Area. I'd take that deal in a minute.

Plus, I don't think it takes as much to turn a team around anymore these days. A few good FA signings and a few great draft picks, and you can go from 2-14 to 14-2 the next year.

I know of a team that was 2-14, and went to the playoffs the next year...oh yeah! That was the Broncos.

Not sure I understand what this means.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How awful were those games, I hope the super bowl can redeem this weekend.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:

What I couldn't believe was how PIT thought they stood a chance rushing 3 guys and playing off-coverage zone. As vanilla as KC's O has been even with Kelce and Hill, they would have offered way more resistance.

ATL-NE should be a great SB - I hope so, because other than DAL-GB and the drama of KC-PIT late, the playoffs have been one big snoozer. We might have won ugly last year, but at least the games were tight through and through.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

What I couldn't believe was how PIT thought they stood a chance rushing 3 guys and playing off-coverage zone. As vanilla as KC's O has been even with Kelce and Hill, they would have offered way more resistance.

ATL-NE should be a great SB - I hope so, because other than DAL-GB and the drama of KC-PIT late, the playoffs have been one big snoozer. We might have won ugly last year, but at least the games were tight through and through.

You would think Wade Phillips showcased how you beat Tom Brady...you smack the h****ll out of him. Pretty simple really...and three man rush aint going to get that done.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

You would think Wade Phillips showcased how you beat Tom Brady...you smack the h****ll out of him. Pretty simple really...and three man rush aint going to get that done.

Well, the Steelers seem to want to play the Pats the same way since 2001, and they are too stubborn to see that it doesn't work. Heck, even Houston had some interesting wrinkles (they lined Clowney up over C David Andrews, and he had success) in the Divisional Round.
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Not sure I understand what this means.

I'd rather have a ring (or 2) than live middle class in SF. Great place to visit...wouldn't want to live there, personally.
"I don't think he was happy with the cologne I was wearing. I was wearing a lot of it and I guess he wasn't happy with it. I was on him a lot at the end of the game so everybody doesn't like my smell."
-Von Miller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: