You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hisalness56

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter2_1 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
The Pats/Dolphins game in week 17 looks critical.

Seems like two or three times in the last few years, Miami would upset NE late in the season to hand the Broncos the #1 seed.

I wonder if the Patriots will return the favour this year to help us get into the playoffs.

For obvious reasons (notably that I regard your guys as the toughest PO team I've seen us face) I'd rather we let Phins walk through us to keep you/Pitts/Balt out of the playoffs. We destroy Miami when we need to.

As a Dolphins fan I'm okay with this

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three thoughts:

1. We run the table, we are in.

2. We go 2-1, the chances we get in are probably better than 80 percent IMO, with Tannehill out. With Tannehill, MIA's chances to go 3-0 were that much better.

3. The NE game is not just huge, it's truly our season, for the simple reason that along with needing the W, it would give NE everything to play for in Week 16-17, since they would be tied with OAK & KC after this week, and they couldn't afford another L if they want to keep playing at home.

I discount the NE-will-lose-to-MIA scenarios suggested if it affects their ability to keep HFA. They will want HFA more than "letting" a weaker team get into the 6 seed. FWIW, I think PIT is taking the AFC North now, don't see the Ravens beating Pitt if Jimmy Smith isn't OK, and PIT finally healthy.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 15 update:
Broncos lost and their playoff hopes are dropping with just two games to go.

Current seedings for playoff spots:
1. New England Patriots 12-2 (AFC East leader) -- clinched playoff spot
2. Oakland Raiders 11-3 (AFC West leader) -- clinched playoff spot
3. Pittsburgh Steelers 9-5 (AFC North leader)
4. Houston Texans 8-6 (AFC South leader)
5. Kansas City Chiefs 10-4
6. Miami Dolphins 9-5
------
7. Baltimore Ravens 8-6
8. Tennessee Titans 8-6
9. Denver Broncos 8-6

Yup, 9th seed... Broncos can regain the 6th-seed wildcard spot with two wins in the final weeks AND one loss by Miami. The odds of reaching the playoffs now look like only 25%.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY Times has a great interactive tool for predicting playoff odds. I had guessed the current odds at 25%. They have 15% with two weeks to go.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/denver-broncos-nfl-playoff-picture.html

The Broncos need to win the next two games and Miami and Ravens must lose at least one game. If this happens (big if...) the odds go way up.
French Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami can loose to Buffalo or at home versus NE
Baltimore can loose at Pittsburgh or at Cincinnati
We can expect that none of this 2 teams go 2-0
But the question is....denver can beat KC and Oakland ?????
With the last games the answer is NO !!!
But we have more chance than everybody think.

If we are lucky and Houston too . both winning their 2 games we can travel to Houston for 1st round....and expect a miracle as last year playoff.

But....to many IF
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping the Bills wld do us a favor today and just like the tease Buffalo has been all season, Rex and his boyz walked right up to the line and just as it was about to happen fell backward choking.
It's all down to us now. Miami won so now we hv to win out. All or nothing tmr night.
So Kubiak pls leave it all on the line. Try to come with an imaginative game plan. There are other running plays other then just running it up the gut. Mix it up. Nothing left to lose anymore.
Gonna be a tough task to win at KC besides at this point Miami does seem to won it more.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins win in over-time. That bumps up the odds that they, not the Broncos, will be the #6 wildcard team. Broncos are now under 10% at making the playoffs.
http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F1224%2F620afcwc.png&w=570
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr just blew out his leg so we are probably in if we beat the Chiefs. Even still I'm heartbroken for the Raiders as a huge Derek Carr fan

Fify.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Carr just blew out his leg so we are probably in if we beat the Chiefs. Even still I'm heartbroken for the Raiders as a huge Derek Carr fan

Latest word -- broken fibula. Carr is out for the year.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we shd be rooting for Cincy over Texans tonight just to cover all odds. Besides I would rather play Titans without Mariota than Houston's #1 defense with a new QB who seems to be providing a spark.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the Bills beaten the Dolphins today, I would hv been 99% certain we would make the playoffs based on how things played out today.
Still, I don't know if this team has it in themselves to beat KC on the road. I was looking for the heart of a champion last week against NE and didn't see it. Not so confident we see it tmr.
If we miss out on the playoffs, to me, it will come down to giving away that KC game we had no business losing. That's where it all went wrong.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every little odd going against Broncos. Cincy loses the game on a last second field goal that could have won it for them. A 43 yard miss. If we win out we face Houston. Only positive is I'll be able to watch the game live @ NRG.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Every little odd going against Broncos. Cincy loses the game on a last second field goal that could have won it for them. A 43 yard miss. If we win out we face Houston. Only positive is I'll be able to watch the game live @ NRG.

If we win out and MIA loses to NE, we're in as the 6 seed. But unless PIT loses to BAL, or PIT wins vs. BAL but loses week 17 (can't see them blowing it week 17), then we'd be facing @PIT as they'd be the 3 seed.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding of what needs to happen for the Broncos to reach the playoffs:
1) Win both final games (at Chiefs, vs. Raiders)
2) New England beats the Dolphins in week 17
3) Ravens lose to the Steelers OR lose to Cincinnati
4) Dolphins lose to Patriots
5) Chargers lose to the Chiefs

In short, Denver needs Kansas City to finish 11-5 with the #5 seed. If all these events occur, Broncos get the #6 seed and will then play a wildcard game on the road, probably against the Steelers.

Tough requirements and the odds are very low....
Broncoquake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
My understanding of what needs to happen for the Broncos to reach the playoffs:
1) Win both final games (at Chiefs, vs. Raiders)
2) New England beats the Dolphins in week 17
3) Ravens lose to the Steelers OR lose to Cincinnati
4) Dolphins lose to Patriots
5) Chargers lose to the Chiefs

In short, Denver needs Kansas City to finish 11-5 with the #5 seed. If all these events occur, Broncos get the #6 seed and will then play a wildcard game on the road, probably against the Steelers.

Tough requirements and the odds are very low....

You have the Pats beating the Dolphins on there twice.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: