You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Expectations for Tyrone Crawford?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Expectations for Tyrone Crawford? Reply with quote

With the success of the team I believe Crawford's performance has been overlooked. He got paid, lost his job to a rookie and produced 1 sack in the last 4 games. Do you think he will get better as the season progresses or is he a JAG?

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins has played just as much 1T as he has the 3T.

Our DL has been weird. Craw has been asked to play everywhere - including DE.

While I would like to see him produce greater numbers, I am pretty happy with our interior rotation. We need to see greater production out of our ends.

But yes, thus far this season has been a letdown.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the official adopter of Tyrone Crawford, I've been fairly disappointed. As TO mentioned, he has been asked to do an awful lot, and it's probably hard to get in a rhythm that way. Regardless, when you pay a guy as much as we've paid Crawford, you expect him to produce.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
TheGame316

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't fathom why we were in such a bums rush to pay him what we did

He had done very little to that point, aside from being injured all the time
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Crawford always has been and probably will remain somewhere between JAG and good status.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
I still can't fathom why we were in such a bums rush to pay him what we did

He had done very little to that point, aside from being injured all the time

It was a move that baffled many. Skeptics have yet to be proven wrong.

That said, it's a bit misleading for the OP to say he "lost his job to a rookie." He was moved to LDE because we had no defensive ends. After the move he posted 2 sacks in 3 games, but he has been quiet recently.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
As the official adopter of Tyrone Crawford, I've been fairly disappointed. As TO mentioned, he has been asked to do an awful lot, and it's probably hard to get in a rhythm that way. Regardless, when you pay a guy as much as we've paid Crawford, you expect him to produce.

Maybe you should include pressure stats in your sig. He is ranked 13th in the NFL in QB hurries. That might help cheer you up some.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/defensive-hurries/2016/
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Maybe you should include pressure stats in your sig. He is ranked 13th in the NFL in QB hurries. That might help cheer you up some.

It's Almost Anthony all over again.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked like he was on the verge of a breakout, which is when we paid him, but he's been average since.

Still, a quality guy to have rotating on your DL. Just not worth the money we paid him so far.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Ah, wasn't sure where to find those, but I'll start keeping track. Thank you sir.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
TheGame316

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
He looked like he was on the verge of a breakout, which is when we paid him, but he's been average since.

Still, a quality guy to have rotating on your DL. Just not worth the money we paid him so far.

Almost never works trying to pay a guy early to save $$$ down the road

Pay retail, get value, always leave yourself outs
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

He's playing out of position. He's almost anthony at DE. Could he be better at 3-tech? I thinks so, and I think that's why we paid him. If we weren't completely bereft of talent at DE he would play there.
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

He's playing out of position. He's almost anthony at DE. Could he be better at 3-tech? I thinks so, and I think that's why we paid him. If we weren't completely bereft of talent at DE he would play there.

You must not have caught Crawford's remarks about feeling "refreshed" or "new again" or something along those lines after shifting to LDE and facing less double teams/big bodies on the inside.

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

You must not have caught Crawford's remarks about feeling "refreshed" or "new again" or something along those lines after shifting to LDE and facing less double teams/big bodies on the inside.

I didn't catch it, you're right, but I would think the 3 would still be his best spot impact wise. Most of you would agree he isn't of prototype build for the outside, he looks more like an interior guy . Whether or not his body can hold up inside is a different question, and it seems we have got the same answer a few times.
atran35

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have a lot of pass rush moves. He does seem to POWER himself to the QB. The main thing is do we keep him at DE or move him back to DT where he seems to issues staying healthy( BACK ).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: