Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Coaching Search
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
I would be fine with Moneg Marrone only if he gets rid of literally all of the assistant coaches. Get rid of the Gus Bradley stink.

If he does get hired and keeps the staff together, my mind will be blown.

Even if Marrone cleans house on the Assistants, Coordinators, etc...How is he not drenched in that Gus Bradley stench himself? He was here for this, he was there the whole year and that garbage happened around him.

I just can't deal with that.

Especially considering that if they were remotely that serious about Marrone as the eventual replacement...why on earth did it take them so long to pull the trigger on Gus? They could've had an actual meaningful trial run with Marrone to see if he is indeed a guy who could get something out of this group. Yet they didn't take that opportunity...so we'd be going in blind, hoping that last little flicker of life in this team wasn't just a mirage. For NO REASON.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
I would be fine with Moneg Marrone only if he gets rid of literally all of the assistant coaches. Get rid of the Gus Bradley stink.

If he does get hired and keeps the staff together, my mind will be blown.

Even if Marrone cleans house on the Assistants, Coordinators, etc...How is he not drenched in that Gus Bradley stench himself? He was here for this, he was there the whole year and that garbage happened around him.

I just can't deal with that.

Especially considering that if they were remotely that serious about Marrone as the eventual replacement...why on earth did it take them so long to pull the trigger on Gus? They could've had an actual meaningful trial run with Marrone to see if he is indeed a guy who could get something out of this group. Yet they didn't take that opportunity...so we'd be going in blind, hoping that last little flicker of life in this team wasn't just a mirage. For NO REASON.

These are all facts that can't be discounted but at the end of the day.. you may have to go with the best available option if you can't get one of your top 3 options. In Marrone's defense only thing you can really do as an assistant to anyone is recommend its up to Gus if he choose to accept his help and clearly he didn't. It been reported that Coughlin tried to help Gus coming into this season.. maybe he thought Marrone or Coughlin were trying to cause a rift between him and his players so they could take over the franchise. Some people who are in charge are scared of advise.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Dalvin Cook - ????
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my thing is Marrone is the complete opposite of Gus. He started making changes to how things are done right after Gus left and that was in week 16. Not really worried at all about that.

For people that are worried about Hackett, he used Olsens playbook since it was midseason. Just made a few tweaks. He'll definitely be OC if he sticks. We just better get rid of Wash and co. if we decide on Marrone. Obviouwly he'll bring in plenty of new position coaches.

I still dont think he gets it unless a couple pf our top guys turn it down or go elsewhere.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy how going into the season we assumed the defense would let us down but now we need an offensive mind. Hopefully we can get back to our 90s offense

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to reports McDaniels had an incredibly strong interview. As we thought it sounds like Shanny, McDaniels, and Smith are top 3 with Marrone as fallback.

Schefter mentioned it this morning...although breer was more on shanny train than Schefter.

No interview for Lynn. Sounds like we'll hire someone soon.

El Ramster on the sig

Last edited by .Buzz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
VLoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feels right now:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanny/Phillips after Joseph gets hired in Denver after the Steelers roll the 'Phins today?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
Shanny/Phillips after Joseph gets hired in Denver after the Steelers roll the 'Phins today?

Sure would be nice. Not sure if things will change but Schrager I believe tweeted Shanny and the Rams postponed interview to next weekend.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:

I think If Shanahan brings Wade, is really the only reason I really want Shanahan because I want to see what Wade would do with this defense.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Smith is our guy.

Mark Dominik was just one sirius radio and said we've honed in out guy with a defensive background. Done with interviews.

Mike Smith was only guy with defensive background we interviewed.

Very good hire if its true. Most proven guy on market, damn good defensive mind, and ideal for a quick turnaround. Now we gotta wait on the important OC hire.

Interested to see if Duffner is brought in for DC gig.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Smith a lot. But I cannot get excited about this at all with how crucial rebuilding Bortles's mechanics and his development is. Smith had some good coordinators in Atlanta, but Matt Ryan didn't ever take the next step until Shanny got involved in fixing his mechanics past the point of passable to making them great.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I like Smith a lot. But I cannot get excited about this at all with how crucial rebuilding Bortles's mechanics and his development is. Smith had some good coordinators in Atlanta, but Matt Ryan didn't ever take the next step until Shanny got involved in fixing his mechanics past the point of passable to making them great.

Yeah, there's some drawbacks. Ultimately I believe in Smith more than any of the guys out there to build this team into a contender. He's done great in hiring OC's (as you mentioned) and regrouped a messed up ATL organization after all that Mike Vick/Petrino BS and got the team together.

Just gotta hope Blake spending the whole offseason out in CAL working on them and an improved offensive staff (at least I'd imagine, although even Hackett did a very solid job at OC after Olsen left with Blake) can get him where he needs to be.

Hope this is true, although I have no reason to think it's not. Dominik, former Bucs GM with ties in organization, saying a defensive guy is going to be next Jaguars HC, who happens to be the DC in Tampa Bay currently and the lone defensive mind we interviewed...lines up pretty well.

I was solid with Marrone but obviously I preferred going outside the org. if I had my choice...this does that.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no doubt though that Shanahan was the best guy for Bortles. More so just talking about as an overall HC.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I feel like Smith's success is going to be most reliant on his coordinator being great enough to help fix Bortles but not great enough to get a head coaching job. Whereas Shanahan's success is more on what he can do for Bortles over a long time period.

I feel like a defensive coordinator is less important than an offensive coordinator (don't look at Payton to try to confirm) for the set up of this team. I think we can overcome a bad defensive hire alongside a great offensive hire a lot easier than we can overcome the inverse. So having no idea what Smith might do leaves me feeling unsettled. Maybe he hits the ball out of the park with it and there's nothing to worry about, but until that time it's a lot of "oh great, we might be wasting years on another staff that can't develop a QB".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the route we are going with Mike Smith its going to be long off season. I think the similarities of Smith and Bradley are clear personality wise. I don't think Caldwell want to go a complete 180. The thing i'm concerned about is how Atlanta went from 13-3 to 4-12, and 6-10.. we can attribute that I guess to the GM not acquiring enough talent those last 2 years of Mike Smith in Atlanta makes me have a little pause along with how is Blake going to progress beyond where he is right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: