Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 NFCE Discussion Thread VIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odell didn't want to catch a ball and hurt his hand because then he couldn't show the world what a man he is by punching the wall. Love seeing the Mara midgets get abused on national tv.

HUGE Packers fan next week against Dallas, hopefully Nelson can play.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Odell didn't want to catch a ball and hurt his hand because then he couldn't show the world what a man he is by punching the wall. Love seeing the Mara midgets get abused on national tv.

Everyone talks [inappropriate/removed] on Beckham but they'd take him on their team in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Awww you still salty that your team couldn't make the playoffs even though the Giants had nothing to play for?

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Everyone talks [inappropriate/removed] on Beckham but they'd take him on their team in a heartbeat.

I would take OBJ in a heartbeat. He is a good player, and he is passionate about the game. To a fault of course.

He just needs to mature a little bit. Punching a hole in the wall seems like you can mess your hand up too, which he needs to catch the ball. Banging your head on the wall, doesnt seem healthy either, and that sort of behavior can make team mates feel awkward or unsettled.

Again though, id take him even with his flaws. Not even going to say he is a bad guy since I dont know him personally. He practically carried the offense into the playoffs with Eli playing poorly for much of the year.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odell Roast compilation Laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QATAZebtcJY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

I would take OBJ in a heartbeat. He is a good player, and he is passionate about the game. To a fault of course.

He just needs to mature a little bit. Punching a hole in the wall seems like you can mess your hand up too, which he needs to catch the ball. Banging your head on the wall, doesnt seem healthy either, and that sort of behavior can make team mates feel awkward or unsettled.

Again though, id take him even with his flaws. Not even going to say he is a bad guy since I dont know him personally. He practically carried the offense into the playoffs with Eli playing poorly for much of the year.

Yea, he clearly cares about the game TOO much when he's out there. I'll take that as opposed to a former Giant and LSU Tiger Rueben Randle who despite being a talented athlete, clearly didn't give a damn about being on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
JayWood2010 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Yea, he clearly cares about the game TOO much when he's out there. I'll take that as opposed to a former Giant and LSU Tiger Rueben Randle who despite being a talented athlete, clearly didn't give a damn about being on the field.

I agree. Id rather have someody who cares too much than too little.

I know people are pointing at #BoatGate, but id say the cold weather probably effected him more than some trip on his offday.

Yes i do understand people want him to be focused in the playoffs, and he probably should have waited for the playoffs to be over, but at the end of the day I dont feel thats what caused him to not play well.

This is what Tom Brady had to say about it

"It's a tricky situation," Brady said. "Players are off. Everyone decides what they want to do in their off time. When I was young, I did a lot of things when I look back I probably wish I wouldn't have done -- flying across country and things like that. It just wasn't publicized."

More in the link if you feel like reading it

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/new-england-patriots-qb-tom-brady-on-new-york-giants-boat-trip-when-i-was-young-i-did-things-i-wish-i-didnt-do
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think the boat trip mattered but it's just funny optics. He looks like a complete clown on that boat. Doens't look good when you come out and play like garbage.

FSU took some heat because their players were jet skiing prior to the Orange Bowl on a day off. Michigan decided to go hardcore no-fun full-practice mode. Don't think these things matter other than looking worse when you lose and being forgotten when you win.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
"It's a tricky situation," Brady said. "Players are off. Everyone decides what they want to do in their off time. When I was young, I did a lot of things when I look back I probably wish I wouldn't have done -- flying across country and things like that. It just wasn't publicized."

Exactly. Players do stuff like this but don't post pictures to social media.

HOWEVER, Odell is human. After hearing the media sound off for a week about him "not caring as much" and how this could effect his performance, I'm willing to bet that was lingering in his mind. That TD catch he dropped, the ball was hanging in the air for a while. A lot of things can go through a person's mind during that time.

- You're wide open, just bring it in
- You already dropped one, time to make up for it
- If I catch this, everyone will shut up
- If I drop it, I'm gonna get clowned

Or maybe the guy just isn't great in cold weather. Either way, I feel like he's learned a valuable lesson here. Don't publicize everything you do.

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that people act like he was the only Giants player on that boat. Like he abandoned his team all by himself for the fun of it. They used their day off and went to Miami.

Had they won, no one would care. But since they lost, and the receivers played a particularly ugly game now it's a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Awww you still salty that your team couldn't make the playoffs even though the Giants had nothing to play for?

Nah... to be honest with our D we would have been one and done like you guys, at least now we pick at least 4 places ahead of you in the draft. Very Happy
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think we can give cold weather as an excuse. He lives/plays in New York. He better be able to catch a cold ball.

He just had a bad game. Probably was too emotional.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I dont think we can give cold weather as an excuse. He lives/plays in New York. He better be able to catch a cold ball.

He just had a bad game. Probably was too emotional.

Pretty much all it was.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Odell Roast compilation Laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QATAZebtcJY

This was not good. The laughing killed it for me.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 50 of 91

Jump to: