Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 NFCE Discussion Thread VIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Moses is a top 10 OT in the NFL...

Is that what you think?

Rolling Eyes Top 10 RT obviously.

Ok. I got 1 question then - if we suck so bad at drafting; why are we whipping the crap out of the 3 other teams when our starting QB is healthy? Literally we have been near the best record in the entire league 2 of the last 3 years.

Cmon man. Your defense is awful and your offense relied on the fact that you had like 3 contending for #1 targets. The receivers are gone (which you didn't draft). Claiming all these guys are "top 5, top 10" is silly. Reed is good. The rest of that list is okay.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Way to shift the argument. No one is saying you haven't hit on draft picks. We were discussing the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Not even gonna bother to address your other points and let you shift the discussion.
milksteak

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Is that what you think?

Ok. I got 1 question then - if we suck so bad at drafting; why are we whipping the crap out of the 3 other teams when our starting QB is healthy? Literally we have been near the best record in the entire league 2 of the last 3 years.

Cmon man. Your defense is awful and your offense relied on the fact that you had like 3 contending for #1 targets. The receivers are gone (which you didn't draft). Claiming all these guys are "top 5, top 10" is silly. Reed is good. The rest of that list is okay.

You guys just have (and this is unbiased) the most obnoxious stupid moron fans (and Yes ive met pats and steeler fans) along with the fact you'll draft known women beaters if you think they will be good.

Even though the team is pretty good some years we want to let you know that you guys suck and the team should be abolished.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Lol. Way to shift the argument. No one is saying you haven't hit on draft picks. We were discussing the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Not even gonna bother to address your other points and let you shift the discussion.

My point wasnt to shift the conversation, it was that you are over valuing the Redskins picks which is proof by what has happened on the field. Moses is a name that no one cares about. He is a starting RT... thats it. You guys have Reed and a bunch of Jags.

We have Collins, Crawford, Williams and 2 jags.

The Eagles have Logan, Hicks and Jags (plus Foles trade)

Giants have poop.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milksteak wrote:

You guys just have (and this is unbiased) the most obnoxious stupid moron fans (and Yes ive met pats and steeler fans) along with the fact you'll draft known women beaters if you think they will be good.

Even though the team is pretty good some years we want to let you know that you guys suck and the team should be abolished.

LOL - quit it. Known proven women beaters we have drafted = 0. Alleged women beaters we have drafted = 1. GTFO. Literally, GTFO.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing If Moses is JAG, then all those Dallas 3rd round picks are JAGs. Trying to attribute overall team success to a few years' worth of 3rd round picks is laughable.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Laughing If Moses is JAG, then all those Dallas 3rd round picks are JAGs. Trying to attribute overall team success to a few years' worth of 3rd round picks is laughable.

Literally Moses is a guy that I barely even know of - and I watch plenty Skins game. He is the 'Wilcox' of RT. A guy that makes a couple plays a game and other wise is just there. Maybe I am way off base. I have been wrong before. But Ive never been like "how can we ever attack Moses, he is so good"

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
I don't agree with that at all. Jordan Reed is the best pick of any teams in the 3rd. Morgan Moses and Spencer Long are both quality starters, and Kendall Fuller is a quality prospect at CB.

Bennie Logan is a better DL than either of the Dallas picks IMO. Hicks is a pretty good MLB and Nick Foles is a quality QB for a 3rd round pick.

The only above average player Dallas has selected was Collins, and he's got more to prove as he's only done it one season. Chaz Green is a backup at best, Terrance Williams is a sub-par #2 WR that's probably a #3 or #4 on most teams, JJ Wilcox isn't anything special and Crawford is a mediocre DE that has gotten 5 sacks once in his 4 year career.

The Giants have by far had the worst 3 round picks the past five years. I think its debatable who's 2/3 between the Eagles and Cowboys and the Redskins have had the best success in the 3rd Round IMO.

Well seeing as you pretty much missed the mark with every Cowboys player, imma go ahead and say you dont know what the hell you are talking about.

Collins just led all rookie DTs in sacks. Thats a very good pick.
Green stepped in last year and replaced Tyron Smith and played VERY well. His knock is he is soft. The man can play OL though and is good depth.
Williams is not a subpar #2. At worst he is average. Especially considering he is almost always the 3rd or 4th target on our offense.
Wilcox started multiple years/games but was limited. The league thought enough about him that we are getting a 5th round comp. Again, not great, but not a bust.
Crawford isnt even a DE, so yeah... He is our starting DT. The only reason he plays DE is due to injuries or run downs.
Oh come on you are seriously over rating these players.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Literally Moses is a guy that I barely even know of - and I watch plenty Skins game. He is the 'Wilcox' of RT. A guy that makes a couple plays a game and other wise is just there. Maybe I am way off base. I have been wrong before. But Ive never been like "how can we ever attack Moses, he is so good"
JJ Wilcox is a player no one would ever have heard of if he didn't play for the Cowboys and ESPN pimps every single one of their players.

Morgan Moses is a good RT. I'm not going to get into a top 10 whatever discussion here, I probably can't name 10 starting RTs in the NFL. I know Moses just signed an extension to be the 2nd highest paid RT in the NFL and it was regarded by most as a good signing. The contract was a 5-year $38.5 mil extension to retain him.

JJ Wilcox was signed by Tampa at a 2-year $8.5 mil deal. He started 4 games for Dallas last year. He's not even in the same conversation as Morgan Moses.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Your ignorance is cute.
Quote:

The Washington Redskins signed right tackle Morgan Moses to 5-year contract extension on Thursday, making him the second highest paid right tackle in football.

In his first two seasons as the starting right tackle, Moses has graded as a top 10 player at the position. His 2016 season grade of 85.1 crowned his finest season as a pro, and ranked him as the eighth highest graded right tackle in the league.

Moses received a pass blocking grade of 85.1 (ranking him eighth in the league among right tackles) and a run blocking grade of 82.0 (ranking him fifth).

Moses allowed just five sacks and three quarterback hits in 648 pass blocking snaps, earning him a pass blocking efficiency of 96.0, tying him for the 14th best mark among all tackles in the league.

With the new signing of Moses and last year’s extension of Trent Williams (2016 overall grade of 90.6 – the highest graded tackle in football), the Redskins have potentially secured elite-level bookend tackles for the next five seasons.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-washington-signs-morgan-moses-to-a-5-year-extension/
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Moses is a pretty good tackle.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Yea, Moses is a pretty good tackle.
He doesn't play for Dallas so he isn't good.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Is that what you think?

I mean you guys went 4-12 in 2015. Dallas has no depth. They need all of their starters to remain healthy to stay competitive. Also, they've drafted well in Round 1, which consists of a lot of their starters.

milksteak

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
milksteak wrote:

LOL - quit it. Known proven women beaters we have drafted = 0. Alleged women beaters we have drafted = 1. GTFO. Literally, GTFO.

Just a bunch of mouth breather fans. Its ok! its like just neat that you guys can get out of the house and see a game!
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I'd take Jordan Hicks or Landon Collins over Jordan Reed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 85 of 89

Jump to: