You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 NFCE Discussion Thread VIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
For Matts.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer
Denver's Vance Joseph asked why NFL missed on Dak Prescott: "It wasn't a miss on Dak. He went to the perfect football team for a young QB."

Supporting Cast means nothing in a QB development. It was all him. Dak would of accomplished similar things had he played for the Browns, Rams or Jags, He's that good. Get it right.

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 291Att//61% Comp//2262 Yds//23 TD//5 INT//211 Rush yds//QBR 104.1
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
For Matts.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer
Denver's Vance Joseph asked why NFL missed on Dak Prescott: "It wasn't a miss on Dak. He went to the perfect football team for a young QB."

Supporting Cast means nothing in a QB development. It was all him. Dak would of accomplished similar things had he played for the Browns, Rams or Jags, He's that good. Get it right.

Nabbs, you some times come off as a petulant child. That said, I agree, yes obviously this is a favorable landing spot for Dak. But also obviously:

Weeden
Cassel
Moore
Sanchez

All looked like TOTAL ARSE with a very similar group of players. Yet Romo and Dak have been in contention for best record in the NFL and challenging passing records with this cast. So to just automatically dismiss what Dak has done simply because of his teammates is stupid.

Hell, look no further than the game against you. Dak plays well, Romo plays well, Mark looks like complete poop. Dak had arguably the best rookie QB season in the history of the league. Quit trying to downplay it.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, that would make sense if Weeden and Cassel didn't play without Zeke (what many consider the best RB prospect since AP) and a fully healthy Dez. I'd say having those two make a pretty big difference in how DC's gameplan for your offense.

Not to mention, your coaching staff decided to bench the better player in Leary and started Collins for the majority of the 2015 season. That didn't help your run game.

Also, Sanchez sucks. He's always sucked. He would suck on a pro bowl roster. Laughing
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
I mean, that would make sense if Weeden and Cassel didn't play without Zeke (what many consider the best RB prospect since AP) and a fully healthy Dez. I'd say having those two make a pretty big difference in how DC's gameplan for your offense.

Not to mention, your coaching staff decided to bench the better player in Leary and started Collins for the majority of the 2015 season. That didn't help your run game.

Also, Sanchez sucks. He's always sucked. He would suck on a pro bowl roster. Laughing

Weeden did play with DeMarco Murray though...

And all of them played with a near/tops league leading rusher....

And Dez was also injured last year.....

And the difference between Leary and Collins is not much. They are the same tier caliber player at this time. Collins flashes higher potential but is less consistent.

I mean, make all the excuses you want. Fact is that Dak had a GOAT rookie season. No one knows what happens in his future, but its silly that you guys are trying so hard to down play 2016.

JayWood2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Weeden did play with DeMarco Murray though...

And all of them played with a near/tops league leading rusher....

And Dez was also injured last year.....

And the difference between Leary and Collins is not much. They are the same tier caliber player at this time. Collins flashes higher potential but is less consistent.

I mean, make all the excuses you want. Fact is that Dak had a GOAT rookie season. No one knows what happens in his future, but its silly that you guys are trying so hard to down play 2016.

I dont think people are tying to downplay his season, but people grow tired of people acting like he is some amazing QB that teams missed on. Dallas Cowboys is built around the OL and RB, not their QB. The QB is asked to not turn over the ball. He did that well, and nobody will argue that.

Put him on another team where he is asked to do more. That is what people question.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Redskins fan came into the Eagles forum and called out me/Dak... Im just say'n... Outside of my silly post every now and then, there really hasnt been any Dak bragging since he won Rookie of the Year.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
A Redskins fan came into the Eagles forum and called out me/Dak... Im just say'n... Outside of my silly post every now and then, there really hasnt been any Dak bragging since he won Rookie of the Year.

Relevant:
Matts4313 wrote:
Just a quick reminder that Dak is the best QB in the East and you all suck. Good day sirs.

In before the claim of silly post, and therefore we are fools for thinking you seriously believe that.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Relevant:
Matts4313 wrote:
Just a quick reminder that Dak is the best QB in the East and you all suck. Good day sirs.

In before the claim of silly post, and therefore we are fools for thinking you seriously believe that.

That is absolutely a silly post.... Cmon man.

Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Sanchez isn't totally irrelevant to the discussion. He was once a young QB who got carried into two consecutive AFC Championship Games. Now, Dak had a much better season than Sanchez statistically, but it has become much more of a QB-friendly league since then and teams are passing close to a hundred times more today than they were just 10 years ago). The Jets mainly succeeded by not letting Sanchez throw the ball that much (25th in attempts in 2009). Dallas is 30th in pass attempts.

The argument isn't that Dak is a bad quarterback.
The argument isn't that Dak is Sanchez.
The argument isn't that Dak got completely carried.

I think the only argument here really is sample size. Can Dak continue to be a good quarterback? We've seen players come on the scene hot then fizzle off into the void for no real apparent reason. The elite quarterbacks are elite because they can continuously beat defensive coordinators even when there's hours of game film on them.

I don't see why it's a problem to admit that Dak had a great year for a young QB, but that he also had one of the most ideal situations you could have ever hoped for.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Relevant:
Matts4313 wrote:

So... who's the best QB in the NFCE?
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I don't see why it's a problem to admit that Dak had a great year for a young QB, but that he also had one of the most ideal situations you could have ever hoped for.

He did what he was asked to do. I 100% believe if Romo was going against the Packers they would have won. Cowboys didnt do much until the 2nd half, and the Packers possibly had the worst secondary in the NFL with all their injuries.

Cowboys had absolutely no excuse to not be competitive until the end, and I think with Romo he would have lit their secondary up.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Relevant:
Matts4313 wrote:

So... who's the best QB in the NFCE?

Right now I would have Kirk ranked #1 because Eli super inconsistent and the other two are unproven.

---------------------------------------------

As an aside - I do think Dak is the best value of all 4 QBs. Obviously financially he is the cheapest, and unlike Kirk isnt in the midst of a contract nightmare. He is also the youngest. He also, by QB rating, just had the best season of any of the 4:

Best Full Season:
Dak - QB 104.9, QBR 81.5
Kirk - QB 101.6, QBR 71
Eli - QB 93.6, QBR 61
Wentz - QB 79.3, QBR 52.8

Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

The best part of all this? Pretty much every single offensive starter is locked up for multiple years. Only big name one left to extend is Zack Martin, and he isnt going anywhere.

So you guys be prepared to blame it on supporting cast for the next 5 years or so...

Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Relevant:
Matts4313 wrote:

Kinda like a Petulant Child?

Insert Pot/Kettle Pic since my phone won't do it right now!

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 291Att//61% Comp//2262 Yds//23 TD//5 INT//211 Rush yds//QBR 104.1
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Relevant:
Matts4313 wrote:

Kinda like a Petulant Child?

Insert Pot/Kettle Pic since my phone won't do it right now!

Not really my flavor of tea if you were trying to be silly. My post was clearly stupid banter when I popped in to say hi. Youve been pulling the "Cowboys fans dont understand that Dak has the best cast" routine since October. It just comes off as.... whiny.

Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 76 of 98

Jump to: