You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT: Baltimore Ravens (3-3) @ New York J-E-T-S (1-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I canít remember if I wrote it in here, but the experiment/strategy this year to rely on aging veterans to carry this team failed. While Hester returned this week, we basically had 6 of the team 7 oldest players on the injury report and they represent a big part of the salary cap. While Suggs, Dumervil and Yanda and Steve Smith are very important pieces, we havenít got anything out of Hester and Ben Watson.
We saw yesterday how slow Lardarius Webb has become, and while we havenít seen much of him as the deep safety, that is both a good and bad thing. He was also added to the injury list yesterday and the only players on the field above 30 are now Weddle and Flacco.
It wouldnít surprise me, if we are in for a youth overhaul very soon, because we are really hindered by this strategy, where older more expensive players eat up the salary cap, which prevent us from keeping the best players we have.
I simply canít see us getting rid of Suggs, if he decides to continue, and Yanda should have 2-3 more good years in him. But Smith Sr. and Watson who might both retire, Dumervil as a one dimensional player and Hester and maybe Webb could all be casualties next year.

If we want to do anything, we need to fix the offense, and while I really love the talent on safety and cornerback in next year draft, we need to do something about that oline. We can see how Cowboys have success Ė we should do the same instead of relying on Castillo ďdevelopingĒ talent. A new center/guard should be Pivotal, just see how Mack Solified that oline in Atlanta and how Jets oline feld apart when Mangold left with an injury. We need 2 Olines in next years draft, if we want to actually improve it, rather than being contempt with an average line.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Flacco, should I start on your sig or no? Laughing
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Please let the rest of us in on, what he committed himself to😃

And try to avoid the unibrow, elite and contract themes. They are getting old and boring.

Maybe a flaccid theme with his injured shoulder or something
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
I canít remember if I wrote it in here, but the experiment/strategy this year to rely on aging veterans to carry this team failed. While Hester returned this week, we basically had 6 of the team 7 oldest players on the injury report and they represent a big part of the salary cap.

I've shared this view for a while now. It appears to be the favoured path for Harbs, Ozzie and for Dean Pees. And I simply do not see the wisdom of it. Now, more than ever, football is a young man's game. Rookies come out of the blocks quicker, and the increased physical rigours seem to catch up to older players sooner.

Other teams have recognised this, and look to adapt to it far more quickly than the Ravens. Letting guys like Arthur Brown and Terrence Brooks fester on the bench before eventually severing ties with them simply isn't smart roster building.

Now we can argue about their shortcomings as players, and whether they earned any opportunities that weren't given. But some of that has to come down to coaching as well, and I struggle to think of any players on defense who have been developed well over the last few years, outside of the D-line (which sadly lost its positional coach this year). Pees and his staff just do not seem to be very good at turning potential into reality.

Until the Ravens embrace the fact that they have to give younger players their head, and the fact that they have to hire the best coaches they can, not just guys who Harbs knows and likes, they just won't be able to build long term success.

Same goes for the offense, where a string of unremarkable QB coaches and OCs seem to have actively hurt Joe Flacco's levels of play. And let's not even get started on the O-line coaching.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

i legit forgot what my bet was but if im losing then yes Laughing

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

That the Ravens will miss the playoffs.
Danand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

One thing is how horrible we are playing, the other is when we are actually eliminated from the chance to get in.

I guess you have to hold you horses until we are mathematically out of the PO's.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

then yes by all means you can get a head start Laughing

though, watch the ravens not suck hard enough to sneak in due to the steelers missing ben and having a few fluke things come our way, we get blown out and picking in the 20s.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: