Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT: Baltimore Ravens (3-3) @ New York J-E-T-S (1-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilovecroissants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
How close do you guys think they'll get to scoring?

I don't think that far. Their D line is crushing our o line. Here's hoping though lol
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
I had some great benders, when I was young.

And Judon seems to be more in the mold of McPhee than Z' Smith is, although he was supposed to be the clone.

Trestman really didn't do him any favors, but this oline makes it difficult to really conclude anything on our talent on offense. We are forced to be so one dimensional most of the time.

Judon beats people around the edge though. McPhee didn't flourish (again) until he was moved to an interior rushing role his last season with Baltimore when Suggs and Dumervil were terrorizing around the edges. It's early but I'm liking Matt quite a bit more.

Not sure what's going on with Za'Darius, but he does look better rushing from the offensive left than the offensive right.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
How close do you guys think they'll get to scoring?

My bet is one flukey deep ball/PI call to the 25 something, and then we stall.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Flacco is becoming Jay Cutler. This is very, very sad. Crying or Very sad

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm halfway convinced that's Mike Flacco out there.
Danand

Thats a shaken QB for you.

We are a 3-4 team and we can handle in the season.

The draft is also much much funnier, filled with optimism.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Basically the season on the line and Flacco throws to friggin Chris Moore in tight coverage downfield. You do you Flacco. Dude is broken.

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Joe Flacco is becoming Jay Cutler. This is very, very sad. Crying or Very sad

He's becoming Kyle Boller. A complete replica.
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to blowup team and rebuild
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Basically the season on the line and Flacco throws to friggin Chris Moore in tight coverage downfield. You do you Flacco. Dude is broken.

TO BE FAIR...

After New England manhandles Pittsburgh, we'll still only be 1 game out of the division lead.

Man, the AFC North sucks this year.

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
ilovecroissants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

santiagomn8 wrote:
Time to blowup team and rebuild

Not really. We have some holes but need to invest in O line and DBs
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so glaring where we had players out; can't help but wonder if we could have been a little more aggressive with a couple of those questionable recovering players and gotten a boost there.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As things stand, I honestly don't see another win coming until the Ravens play the Browns again.

They're just a complete mess at the moment. Offensively woeful, defensively susceptible to lapses in discipline and technique. The QB clearly has no trust whatsoever in his O-line, and is playing scared for the first time in his career. The receivers are unreliable and only one RB looks like he's interested at all.

Injuries are starting to mount again, which is no surprise when you consider the total number of years in the league amongst Suggs, Dumervil, Webb and the other vets. This is why teams need rookies and young guys who are ready to play, but too many of those guys on this roster just look undisciplined and inconsistent.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be a realllllyyyy interesting offseason if this keeps up. Another season of 5-11 to 7-9 football and it's hard to imagine all of Flacco, Harbaugh, and Ozzie returning next season. I'm guessing Ozzie has the most institutional standing, and Flacco is objectively the worst of the 3 but also the hardest to get rid of. Which means that Harbaugh might be coaching for his job over these final 9 games - Bisciotti is all about patience but he already gave Harbaugh a mulligan after last season - gonna be hard to explain away only 1 winning season in the 4 years since the Super Bowl (and the departures of Ray and Ed) especially when the only winning season can rightly or wrongly be moreso pegged towards having Kubiak around.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Gonna be a realllllyyyy interesting offseason if this keeps up. Another season of 5-11 to 7-9 football and it's hard to imagine all of Flacco, Harbaugh, and Ozzie returning next season. I'm guessing Ozzie has the most institutional standing, and Flacco is objectively the worst of the 3 but also the hardest to get rid of. Which means that Harbaugh might be coaching for his job over these final 9 games - Bisciotti is all about patience but he already gave Harbaugh a mulligan after last season - gonna be hard to explain away only 1 winning season in the 4 years since the Super Bowl (and the departures of Ray and Ed) especially when the only winning season can rightly or wrongly be moreso pegged towards having Kubiak around.

Yeah, Flacco can't be traded or cut with his recent extension. 2019 is the earliest anything can be done without a cap hit. Ozzie might retire but I doubt it. Would be nice to see DeCosta at the helm if only to end the offseason rumors of him leaving ever year. Laughing Baltimore is set nicely either way there though. I don't think Newsome has quite lost it yet. Trying to load up on a few stopgap veterans to turn things around quickly isn't working out though.

I don't think Harbaugh is quite on the hotseat yet. Like I said a week or two ago next year is his prove it or lose it season. If things don't change, even if it's because of injuries again, it's hard to see him as the head coach in 2018.

Even when healthy this team looked disjointed across the board. Can't really say any more bad things about the offense. Already a coordinator change (to someone who might be worse) and there isn't a whole lot to look forward to with the way things have gone. With Flacco and the offensive line both being bad all on their own it's hard to get much out of the running backs and receivers. Pitta's resurgence might be the brightest spot on the offense thus far. Unfortunately it's also at the deepest position group on the team.

The defense is putting up the best fight but all the issues Pees has had in the past are still there. They're just masked a tad bit better than before with players actually making a handful of plays. His soft coverages are still there, the bad defensive designs are still there, and his ultra-bland "blitz" packages are still there.

Special teams is weird. Hester sucks and the coverage units aren't good, but they're elite at getting after the kicker on field goals or extra points. And of course Tucker and Koch are the elitist of the elite. I must say Harbaugh as a former special teams coach and Rosburg as a current special teams coach and the associate head coach know what they're doing there. Laughing

But John and his staff will get another pass for this season. Maybe they stay healthy for once, but the Ravens have done anything but that for a long time now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: