Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should the next Coach/GM be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackstar12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Who should the next Coach/GM be? Reply with quote

This season is over 0-2 in the division bad defense and inconsistent offense. Should have fired these two last off season. Who are some good candatintes for next Coach/GM?
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Who should the next Coach/GM be? Reply with quote

Blackstar12 wrote:
This season is over 0-2 in the division bad defense and inconsistent offense. Should have fired these two last off season. Who are some good candatintes for next Coach/GM?

Gosh! Interesting topic, Blackstar12, and one which the Colts may now face, sadly enough, after the disappointing loss to Houston last night!

Far be it from me to pile on Ryan Grigson (the Trent Richardson fiasco, the miserable drafts, the puzzling failure to draft defense [Phillip Dorsett taken over Landon Collins]), but it seems to me the Colts ought to FIRST replace their General Manager, and only then, with the new GM on board and able to have input, address the coaching situation.

A good football man, you know? Have you any suggestions for the GM position yourself, Blackstar12?? Smile Smile Smile
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually agree with big of you.

The sooner the better Imo.

I could get behind firing grigson now and letting new GM decide chucks fate.

Saying that, you can't put all this on grigson. Pagano, while being a great players coach is quite possibly the worst game manager I've ever seen. Be it, time management, personnel decisions, game planning, or play calling. Putrid, is word that comes to mind.

As far as candidates. My #1 call would be Jon Gruden.

I would call Cowher. Maybe a long shot, but the team does have some attractive pieces.

Outside of those 2 I really don't know.
Les Miles
Josh McDaniel
Peyton Manning( would be wild, but not to much out there.)

Who are some young coordinators and position coaches?

Colts 2015-2020 Roster/Cap
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, side note.

Pagano was supposed to address the media at 4:45pm. Word is he is meeting with Irsay. So maybe it's starting.

Doubt it, but I would like them to make a statement to the whole team.

tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagano seems like a great guy but he's not working as our coach. Got to think he's gone at season's end, same with Grigson. As to who replaces them I really don't know. Sean Mcdermott out of Carolina intrigues me. Given what's going on with Carolina right now i think he'd be available for coach next year. GM? Don't know any big names for that.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
bzane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Pagano seems like a great guy but he's not working as our coach. Got to think he's gone at season's end, same with Grigson. As to who replaces them I really don't know. Sean Mcdermott out of Carolina intrigues me. Given what's going on with Carolina right now i think he'd be available for coach next year. GM? Don't know any big names for that.

Well, Tom, a good choice there, Sean McDermott. I couldn't name a good GM candidate to save my life, but perhaps there's a smart under-the-radar football man out there ready for a promotion. Best of luck with it, coach and GM both. It just might happen.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming into this season, McDermott would probably of been higher, but Carolina has struggled without Norman. Would need to turn it around the rest of year. What are they 1-5? That's rough.

With the lack of GM guys that I/ we can think of, maybe Jim gives Peyton the chance? I wouldn't be against it. That's what Broncos did with Elway, maybe Manning could be same way. Come in and be GM for next 10-15 years or longer?

I'm sure my #1 guy would want GM/HC title, Jon Gruden.

I'm sure McDaniel(Josh), would be in same boat.

Maybe they look at like a Mike Vrabel, for HC? He is up and coming on the coaching ranks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: