Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Ravens Head Coach Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
I think Harbaugh is out with a loss today or next week.

I think you're out of your mind.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
I think Harbaugh is out with a loss today or next week.

I think we hire Bill Belichik as a DC after this off season er next off season.
NFLDRAFTBITES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughable that this is a thread. If John Harbaugh were axed, he'd be coveted. I know Adam Schefter says surprises will happen. But the relationship between Ownership & Harbs is beyond Employee-Employer. Harbs will be extended this offseason.

What would he return in a trade is intriguing.

Get the Points & Get to the Room
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbs biggest weakness will always be his loyalty to coaches who aren't good enough.

We saw it with Cameron, who should have been gone long before he was. We've seen it with Pees for years, and despite the stats this season, we all knew that a Pees defense would collapse when it really counted. He was more decisive with Trestman, but still not quick enough to realise his offensive philosophies weren't working, and he wasn't prepared to change.

Pees will still be here next year. Morninwheg probably will be as well. And they still won't find someone to fix the bad habits Flacco has developed. It's like the Ravens look at coaching below the HC level and think, 'eh, it'll do'.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be that disappointed if Marty is brought back. I think he was better than Trestman, and it's not like he had a chance to install his own offense. Some things need fixing with our line. I really hope we consider an upgrade at center. Zuttah is NOT good enough, IMO. Look at what Alex Mack did for the Falcons. It's the biggest hole on offense.

Darth Pees is bulletproof, unfortunately.
Rein

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I won't be that disappointed if Marty is brought back. I think he was better than Trestman, and it's not like he had a chance to install his own offense. Some things need fixing with our line. I really hope we consider an upgrade at center. Zuttah is NOT good enough, IMO. Look at what Alex Mack did for the Falcons. It's the biggest hole on offense.

I definitely think that one of them goes - however there is 90% chance that it is Marty that goes.

However, If Harbaugh wants to make a change on the defensive side of the ball, I would be OK with keeping Marty. There need to be somewhat of an overhaul of the offensive coaching staff, including a QB coach to fix Flacco's footwork and trust issues as well as some additional focus on improving run blocking.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

I wouldn't mind Mornhinweg staying either. I think he's done an okay job of getting the offense moving, and he's shown a trust in Flacco that has paid off. But they still need a dedicated QB coach who will be prepared to actually correct the things Flacco has let drift over the last couple of years.

I have been saying Pees needs to go for about three years now, and I still feel that way. Even with the improved defense this year, it's been showed to be rather flimsy at key moments. With the talent the Ravens have, any coordinator would be able to build a good defense. But I just don't think Pees has ever given us anything that is more than the sum of its parts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty is awful in his own right though. Better than Trestman is not a valid qualifier. He was bad with Philadelphia when actually calling the offense (and not Reid) and with New York. Absolutely needs to go and a real system change has to be brought in. Get rid of everybody, except maybe Hammock and to a lesser extent Engram.

I would love to see Pees go too but only one will because the front office and Harbaugh are scared of making too many changes at once... even if they start in January and have a good 8 months to get everything settled in.
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye bye to Pees, Mart and Castillo and then I won't complain. We might get someone who are worse, but we can't settle with what we have.

We where several who called exactly what kind of defense/scenario would happen yesterday once we got the lead. How Pees is allowed to play with that defensive philosophy is beyond me and as a player I would hate to be in that scheme.

It is basically like a dog dropping on its back giving itself up and hope the other dog doesn't go in for the kill.

Absolutely pathetic.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Marty is awful in his own right though. Better than Trestman is not a valid qualifier. He was bad with Philadelphia when actually calling the offense (and not Reid) and with New York. Absolutely needs to go and a real system change has to be brought in. Get rid of everybody, except maybe Hammock and to a lesser extent Engram.

I would love to see Pees go too but only one will because the front office and Harbaugh are scared of making too many changes at once... even if they start in January and have a good 8 months to get everything settled in.

Any thoughts on Mike McCoy as OC?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=583062

Seems like the general consensus for Charger's fans is that he would be a good offensive coordinator... on a team with a good offensive line. He's a conservative play caller that doesn't succeed without good blocking up front. Doesn't seem like a good fit for the Ravens at all.
Rein

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Seems like the general consensus for Charger's fans is that he would be a good offensive coordinator... on a team with a good offensive line. He's a conservative play caller that doesn't succeed without good blocking up front. Doesn't seem like a good fit for the Ravens at all.

But that description kind of sounds like the Andy Reid offense in KC. The way that team is currently playing is the way I believe the Ravens should play. Somewhat dominating defense and an offensive system the is build from the inside. Flacco could really strive in such a system and even outperforming what Alex Smith is currently doing.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

But that description kind of sounds like the Andy Reid offense in KC. The way that team is currently playing is the way I believe the Ravens should play. Somewhat dominating defense and an offensive system the is build from the inside. Flacco could really strive in such a system and even outperforming what Alex Smith is currently doing.

That's predicated on having a quality offensive line that gets the running game going though. Baltimore doesn't have that and it doesn't sound like McCoy knows what he's doing to get the blocking going. If the Ravens don't get rid of Castillo and bring in somebody competent then that's a horrid combination.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-bengals-0101-20161231-story.html
paraven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors Raven are interested in greg Roman for OC. I don't know what kind of offense he runs, but I see the Harbaugh connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: