Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Ravens Head Coach Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: 2017 Ravens Head Coach Thread Reply with quote

Its apparent to me that Harbaugh has outworn his welcome. Who replaces him?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. This is a year too early. If stuff like what we've seen so far this season continues I think Bisciotti puts him on the hot seat going into next year though.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, too early. this season isn't even over yet. we have the jets next week followed by a much needed bye.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my reaction to this thread:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't get it, some folks seem surprisingly upset about this loss. The Washington and Oakland losses were much more painful and unexpected. Between the piling injuries, playing on the road against a desperate team and coming off a coordinator change I don't know what type of expectations we had going into this game. Losing always sucks, but we're still only one game out of the division lead. Relax guys, the bye week is in two weeks. We'll be fine.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
paraven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i was pretty upset yesterday, but this thread is crazy. Harbaugh has at least another 2 years. Its not like we have an overly talented team that is under performing.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's going to be on the hot seat, but I am becoming frustrated by the fact that this team seems to make the same mistakes, over and over again, without learning.

Penalties, mental errors, lapses in technique. These all come down to coaching, where we also see repeated errors of hiring mediocre coaches who don't seem to do a very good job of developing or elevating players.

Harbs needs to give the whole situation some serious thought and analysis, and that includes looking at himself and what he's doing wrong. I'm sure he does this already, but it seems like whatever answers he's come up with so far aren't sufficient.

First thing he needs to do is hire a QB coach who will get to grips with Joe's technique and fix what has been allowed to become bad habit over the years. Second thing is to forget friendship and find an O-line coach who will get the best out of the players he has.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, no. Harbs has to be terrible for a couple more seasons before his job is at risk. Being .500 halfway 6 games into this season is not doing anything to move that needle.

Some the issues can be explained away with injuries, bad luck, and a bad offensive scheme which he addressed by firing Trestman. But, what Harbs needs to still address is the inconsistent effort on offense. We can move the ball pretty well when we are down or early in games, but these dead periods every single week are inexcusable. I know other teams have similar issues, but I don't think many slow down as much as we do. That's what I want to see Harbs improve as this season goes on.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that I think should certainly improve in the coming weeks is the rhythm on offense; assuming everyone gets and STAYS healthy. Joe has always had a propensity to zone in on his favorite receivers, and for the better part of his career that's worked out for him. However, in the midst of an injury to his top receiver, a coordinator change within the week and a constantly shifting offensive line (even mid-game), you can see why it's hard for a quarterback like Joe and the rest of the offense to find any sort of continuous rhythm. It's just something we're going to have to build upon as a team moving forward.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been in the corner of the entire staff should go. I like Harbaugh as I said M-Saturday. He's lost out there on Sunday's. And we always win in spite of the coaching staff. I can't ever think of a time where I could say "Damn, Harbaugh out coached this guy." Never.

I'll just continue my love/hate relationship with him though. I like him, but then he just gets goofy on Sunday and it blows my life.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

ED Reed wrote:
Don't throw it. Don't throw it. I'm enticing them right now, they gonna throw it anyway
Laughing
Danand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still behind Harbaugh. We rarely see the teams have high ups and downs. We mostly play as we had downs, but we somehow seem to bring the opponent to our level.

The Luis Castillo experiment and the loyalty to others on the coaching staff though, I just don't get it, but contingency is big for this organisation and looking at other teams with a revolving door, I think we sometimes forget, how "lucky" we have been for years.

There's reason for doubt though, as we have had a super bowl hangover for years now and we haven't been able to produce pro bowlers or keep those we developed. As much as I try to avoid Mike Preston, he has a point when he writes, that we this year relied on 5-6 veterans to show up and play great football.

Ben Watson was brought in, Steve Smith sr., Suggs and Dumervil came back from injuries. Yanda should be the steady hand on the offensive line and Weddle should stabilize the secondary while Hester should be the returner we haven't had for years. Only one of them is healthy. The guys injured a combined 203 years old. Of the 8 oldest guys on our roster, only Sam Koch and Weddle are not injured.

Its a young mans league. Maybe we should rely less on the veterans.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe this hasn't been bumped, in full disclosure I live in NYC and have attended the last two games, the all-in performance has been beyond embarrassing. From tackling to strategy the Ravens seem outmatched.
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Can't believe this hasn't been bumped, in full disclosure I live in NYC and have attended the last two games, the all-in performance has been beyond embarrassing. From tackling to strategy the Ravens seem outmatched.

Which means nothing changed from the two previous games before the NY games, or the 3 other games before that, which by coincidence gave a 3-0 record.

We have been a bad team this year, and a chosen vet strategy combined with key injuries is the reason. Now the coaching staff have a chance to correct the errors and mistakes. When we finish something like 6-10/8-8, we have another year to try a new strategy, maybe add some new coaches and get rid of some old ones.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought is that Harbs has proven his worth since he's been here.

But this year, he's holding the flame under his chair.

He's decided to go with the veteran approach and it's biting us. He has this season to figure out how to attack next year. And if it fails again next year? It's time to move on.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
M.10.E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we stink again next year then we have to start thinking about a change.

Waaaaaaay tooooo soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not like the ravens are an abundance of talent and harbaugh cant get them coached up. There is little talent on the team and the key pieces are injured. so it wouldnt matter who was coaching. Thats why this thread is obsolete. Harbaugh proved that when given talent he can coach the team well to a superbowl.

if anything this should be a new Ravens 2017 GM thread. Ozzie has been off with the drafts the past few years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: