Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Baltimore Ravens @ New York Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanking is a bad word, but this is not a playoff team and every win will just put us in a worse position to get better talent in next years draft.

We will get more wins this year, also in the division, but even with a 4-3 heading into the bye, that math for the next 9 games makes it difficult to find 5 wins and only 4 losses.
r_sayle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it chaps but we are officially a bad team.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Flacco just doesn't have it. This season is over.

Idk about all that, but yeah Joe just doesn't look like Joe Cool these days. However the injuries certainly don't help.

I have backed Flacco so far, but there where too many obvious misses in this game. He also deserves some blame.
Rein

Future Dean Pees quote: "If we take away the big plays I think we played excellent defense. The players got to execute better though"

I said it last week and I will say it again: We're not a playoff team.

Hopefully this kind of performance will shake things up even more. 200 yards allowed to OBJ and 120 in penalties!
coordinator0

RavensTillIDie wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Flacco just doesn't have it. This season is over.

Idk about all that, but yeah Joe just doesn't look like Joe Cool these days. However the injuries certainly don't help.

Doesn't matter. Joe has had guys open and time to throw in certain spots every game this year and he misses. Badly. The Ravens aren't going anywhere in a season with this kind of performance from him regardless of the injuries everywhere else on the team.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't trust Flacco to complete an intermediate pass even if the receiver is WIDE open.

He's just a bad quarterback right now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago
Yet another week where Ravens turn down an easy FG early and then need a TD at the end instead of a FG to tie or win

Just keep being aggressive John.

His rope has to be getting shorter too. Bad decisions and awful discipline with the amount of penalties every week. This season is troubling.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Yet another week where Ravens turn down an easy FG early and then need a TD at the end instead of a FG to tie or win

His rope has to be getting shorter too. Bad decisions and awful discipline with the amount of penalties every week. This season is troubling.

I am all for being aggressive, but I agree the tendency seems really bad now with the game we lose.

On the other hand. It really annoys me we play "aggressive" football on 4 and 1 and then play scared and don't let returners return, but just fair catch it or kneel in the end zone.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can still be a good team and compete for a play off spot. Just dealing with a ton of injuries right now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
On the other hand. It really annoys me we play "aggressive" football on 4 and 1 and then play scared and don't let returners return, but just fair catch it or kneel in the end zone.

They don't really have anybody besides Hester on the active rosters that can actually return kicks though. I don't disagree with the decision to not let Moore get the team in trouble. You could see on the one kick he actually returned, the last one with the penalty yards pushing the Giants back, that he doesn't really have much to work with in that regard. Not a knock on him at all because not everybody can return. More on the front office in not having anybody else on the roster that can return kicks. And the guy they do have is the ghost of Devin Hester, so...

Webb was classic Webb on punt returns. Didn't expect anything different. But again, it's not like the Ravens have anybody else on the team that can do anything back there.
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

I have no problem with going for it on 4th and Goal from the 1. On the balance of things, its almost always the correct call to make.

The fact that we committed 15 penalties, couldn't sustain drives very often, kept throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down, had Flacco checking down so often, Flacco missed wide open receivers multiple times and had no pass rush because we don't scheme to create it are all far bigger problems than that single play call

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
I have no problem with going for it on 4th and Goal from the 1. On the balance of things, its almost always the correct call to make.

The fact that we committed 15 penalties, couldn't sustain drives very often, kept throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down, had Flacco checking down so often, Flacco missed wide open receivers multiple times and had no pass rush because we don't scheme to create it are all far bigger problems than that single play call

A single playcall changes the course of an entire game every week. In multiple games. The few decisions Harbaugh actually has to make in that regard aren't working out. Obviously the execution is the fault of the specific unit on the field and there are multiple issues, but they're still not succeeding. It's just bad all around.

For what it's worth I thought going for it was the right call too. But the decision to toss was terrible by Mornhinweg. Those plays and stretches haven't worked for the Ravens all year even with a healthy offensive line. Baltimore was stopped on two West runs up the middle and a Flacco sneak in the same drive, but going behind Lewis and Urschel should still have been the play. They've been a decent run-blocking combo the past two weeks. Going outside of them, with West of all people, is just dumb. Marty's play calling outside of incorporating some crossing routes wasn't any better than Trestman's was.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've got no problems with going for it on 4th and 1 from the 1 yard line. That's an acceptable risk. But the play that was called on 4th and 1? Seriously?

I'm starting to think that the Ravens just need a completely fresh start. Harbs has hired too many mediocre coaches and stuck with them for too long. That results in the the mental errors and bad technique that we're seeing from this team.

Sure, the O-line was missing players, but that's no excuse for 100 penalty yards. WRs continue to drop passes, and it's plagued the Ravens for years. CBs get burned on coverage, give up ridiculous cushions in short yardage situations. Pass rushers just don't have the speed or technique to get to the QB consistently.

The Ravens have relied on playmakers in key positions for too long, and now those guys are gone or old, the team as a whole just looks painfully average.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Marty Morronweak, he only had a week to incorporate changes to the offense and he did call more plays downfield, which both awarded us 2-3 long completions and 2 (albeit questionable) pass interference calls.

We also ran more, but any rythm on offense wasn't there besides 1 drive.

Again, we will most likely get at least 7 wins this year. We might see an 8-7 season before the final game that will decide if we get to the playoff or get to sit outside and looking in when it gets really fun.

Btw. I see some completions to receivers and tight ends once I turn on redzone, that our receivers and tight ends doesn't make.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must win next week. Going to say a lot about whether we plan to contend for a playoff spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: