You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Baltimore Ravens @ New York Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see many games where a team has a 3-0 turnover advantage and still loses.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Must win next week. Going to say a lot about whether we plan to contend for a playoff spot.

Regardless of who we're trotting out there on the offensive line, if our receivers and quarterback can't get going against the big play prone Jets, then I'd agree we are a genuinely bad team.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
r_sayle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with going for it on 4th & 1 my problem is the play calling. a pitch/toss play??? For real!??

My second problem is. Once we get into the 5 yard line why is it we never spread everyone out?? Give Joe a chance go 3 wide outs 1 tight end and a running back. Just be creative!!
paraven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggs tores his biceps.. Thats not good...
As for the rest of the season, it has to be game at a time now. I dont see how you cant count the ravens out especially with the Bengals playing equally as bad as the ravens, and with Big Bens Injury. The division is still wide open. Time for Marty to get his work in, though I the offense did play better then the past 2 weeks, so theres that.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Suggs and Dumervil are both on the way out. Even if Dumervil gets back to full health this year, he's not the player he was. Age does that to you.

So we need to see what Judon, Urban, Jernigan, Correa and Z. Smith can do. They need to be on the field, they need to be give free rein to develop and grow.

As mediocre as I think Pees' defensive system is, it has produced satisfactory results this season. But with no pass rush, QBs will just pick that secondary apart.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time in a long time I shut off a game. I don't know how many more 2nd and 20, 3 yard check downs I can take. We complete more 3 yard passes than any team in the NFL. I love Juice but stop throwing to him for 3 yards 90% of the time. It's not fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.10.E wrote:
First time in a long time I shut off a game. I don't know how many more 2nd and 20, 3 yard check downs I can take. We complete more 3 yard passes than any team in the NFL. I love Juice but stop throwing to him for 3 yards 90% of the time. It's not fun.

It takes more than 5 days to change a scheme. That's what I'm hoping is the case, here. Pitta needs to be going up-field as well.
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong this is super frustrating to watch and it's hard to not be negative in this situation we lost 3 straight and we could have won all those games but there is no reason to give up on the season just yet. We have an eaiser schedule than last year we have a lot of injuries but no long lasting injuries besides maybe Suggs now so hopefully we will get healthy and catch fire at the right time. As long as we make the playoffs I think we have a shot this team has shown to step up in the playoffs and right now in the afc the only super team is the patriots but we always play them well we are still in this. Next week we have the jets and the steelers have the patriots with no rothlisberger. We can easily be tied after next week.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ken Weinman ‏@KenWeinmanSport 22m22 minutes ago
Louis Riddick killing #Ravens on ESPN for how they chose to defend OBJ. Namely no safety help for backup corners

Think
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r_sayle wrote:
I have no problems with going for it on 4th & 1 my problem is the play calling. a pitch/toss play??? For real!??

My second problem is. Once we get into the 5 yard line why is it we never spread everyone out?? Give Joe a chance go 3 wide outs 1 tight end and a running back. Just be creative!!

For everyone complaining about the toss play. Maybe it wasn't preferred, but it would of worked if the execution had been more sound. If Juice hit's his block, West essentially has one man to beat/plow through to get to the end zone. Unfortunately, Juice whiffed on his block and allowed his man to chase down West at an angle. Again, not saying it's a play I would have wanted ran, but it would have worked with better execution.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Flacco?
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
r_sayle wrote:

For everyone complaining about the toss play. Maybe it wasn't preferred, but it would of worked if the execution had been more sound. If Juice hit's his block, West essentially has one man to beat/plow through to get to the end zone. Unfortunately, Juice whiffed on his block and allowed his man to chase down West at an angle. Again, not saying it's a play I would have wanted ran, but it would have worked with better execution.

That's what I saw on the play too. Juice didn't get a good enough block to give West a chance. Going for the 4th was a no brainier, and the play call wasn't terrible.

I think someone said this already here, but there would be even more criticism if we tried the middle 4 straight times and failed.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better execution could make any play work. For whatever reasons the Ravens don't execute on toss and stretch (and screens, I think there's a trend here...) plays though. Some may have pointed to a third power run as a bad call, but when those are the (only) types of running plays that Baltimore has going for them you have to go with what works.

But Mornhinweg isn't good anyways, so whatever. If it goes towards persuading Harbaugh not to keep another of his old buddies in one of the most important roles on the team it isn't an awful thing.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Better execution could make any play work. For whatever reasons the Ravens don't execute on toss and stretch (and screens, I think there's a trend here...) plays though. Some may have pointed to a third power run as a bad call, but when those are the (only) types of running plays that Baltimore has going for them you have to go with what works.

But Mornhinweg isn't good anyways, so whatever. If it goes towards persuading Harbaugh not to keep another of his old buddies in one of the most important roles on the team it isn't an awful thing.

Eh, the scenarios you're referring to are a little different. We fail to get chunks of yardage on toss and stretch plays in down and distance situations because our backs don't have the lateral quickness or speed necessary to get to the edge and run away from linebackers/safeties who have space to run them down; of course our constantly shifting offensive line hasn't helped in that regard either, but that just compounds the overarching issue. With that said, there's a difference between running that play trying to gain 10+ yards and trying to break to the edge of the end zone with a few yards to gain where the defense is much more compacted and lacks the same range of space to chase down the back. So, in my opinion it wasn't a bad play call per se, just not well executed. Again, would I personally have called that play? No, but that's neither here nor there.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Flacco?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Eh, the scenarios you're referring to are a little different. We fail to get chunks of yardage on toss and stretch plays in down and distance situations because our backs don't have the lateral quickness or speed necessary to get to the edge and run away from linebackers/safeties who have space to run them down; of course our constantly shifting offensive line hasn't helped in that regard either, but that just compounds the overarching issue. With that said, there's a difference between running that play trying to gain 10+ yards and trying to break to the edge of the end zone with a few yards to gain where the defense is much more compacted and lacks the same range of space to chase down the back. So, in my opinion it wasn't a bad play call per se, just not well executed. Again, would I personally have called that play? No, but that's neither here nor there.

I agree.

And honestly, if Juice makes his block, West has a far better chance to get in. As it was, the guy Juice blocked got off and was right there in on the tackle.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:

So what changed to give West the lateral quickness and speed to get positive yardage on the goalline? Because the Ravens aren't getting anything on tosses against defenses lined up normally. I don't really buy him having better chances in that situation because of the defense being more compacted. It's not like opposing safeties are the ones coming up to make the stops when Baltimore tries those plays. They're just getting beat right at the line. Like Juszczyk was. Like all of the receivers are who try to block. Like all of the linemen that try to pull around. It's just not a successful play for the Ravens.

And why not Dixon instead of West trying to get outside? He actually does have the speed and lateral quickness that can be utilized on toss plays (given effective blocking at least). It was a dumb call. Right decision to go for it, but one of the worst plays Baltimore specifically could have attempted given their track record this season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: