Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Baltimore Ravens @ New York Giants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11257
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Week 6 GDT: Baltimore Ravens @ New York Giants Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 2m2 minutes ago
INACTIVES:
WR/RS Devin Hester
LB C.J. Mosley
OLB Elvis Dumervil
DT Willie Henry
G Marshal Yanda
T Ronnie Stanley
WR Steve Smith Sr.


Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 50s51 seconds ago
Rookie defensive tackle Willie Henry is only healthy scratch. Rest are all dealing with injuries.


I really would like to see Henry playing, but there just isn't any room for hims since Pees doesn't use much of a rotation along the defensive line.

This is a big game. The Ravens need to end their slide but the timing of all the injuries is awful. Fortunately the Giants haven't been particularly impressive this season so I'm liking Baltimore's chances. Unless Hurst starts of course, that's pretty much a game-ender for the Ravens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11257
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Based on warmups, it looks like Ravens will be without three starting offensive linemen: LT Ronnie Stanley, RG Marshal Yanda and RT Rick Wagner. Alex Lewis is at LT, Ryan Jensen is at RG and James Hurst at RT.

Jamison Hensley, ESPN Staff Writer


Sad d'oh! Shame on you Brick wall Boo hoo! Not talking Crying or Very sad Speak to the hand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rein


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1263
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Pees is doing a good job of rotating the defensive players. It's not like the days where Ngata and Suggs played 99% of the snaps - we don't have playmakers that like anymore, though.

Let's hope the defense can keep on track - if that's the case I think we can win this game.

So what do I hope to see from the offense?

- Commitment to running game.
- Streching the field with our fast recivers.
- Strong PA game with build-in deep shots OR atleast crossing routes. (NO checkdowns to Juice, please)

You see so many team get along with a average O-line by dictating the tempo and mixing it up. Our dink and dunk offense is not helping anyone, so we need to keep the defense honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1052
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This oline will be tested big time. Unfortunately I see Flacco take a hammering unless Marty Morronweak (a bit early on the hating, I know) dial up a game plan with a lot of runs and quick passing.

We really need to attack Giants down the seam.

I hope to see a lot of Onwuasur, Correa blitzing from the middle and Judon from the outside.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1052
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
I actually think Pees is doing a good job of rotating the defensive players. It's not like the days where Ngata and Suggs played 99% of the snaps - we don't have playmakers that like anymore, though.

Let's hope the defense can keep on track - if that's the case I think we can win this game.

So what do I hope to see from the offense?

- Commitment to running game.
- Streching the field with our fast recivers.
- Strong PA game with build-in deep shots OR atleast crossing routes. (NO checkdowns to Juice, please)

You see so many team get along with a average O-line by dictating the tempo and mixing it up. Our dink and dunk offense is not helping anyone, so we need to keep the defense honest.


I like us using Juice. He may not make many miss, but he pushes through DB's on sheer power.

I remember when I was optimistic about Hurst. Against JPP and Vernon, I am not. This will be an ugly ugly football game.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rein


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1263
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
Rein wrote:
I actually think Pees is doing a good job of rotating the defensive players. It's not like the days where Ngata and Suggs played 99% of the snaps - we don't have playmakers that like anymore, though.

Let's hope the defense can keep on track - if that's the case I think we can win this game.

So what do I hope to see from the offense?

- Commitment to running game.
- Streching the field with our fast recivers.
- Strong PA game with build-in deep shots OR atleast crossing routes. (NO checkdowns to Juice, please)

You see so many team get along with a average O-line by dictating the tempo and mixing it up. Our dink and dunk offense is not helping anyone, so we need to keep the defense honest.


I like us using Juice. He may not make many miss, but he pushes through DB's on sheer power.

I remember when I was optimistic about Hurst. Against JPP and Vernon, I am not. This will be an ugly ugly football game.


Juice is a nice option, but our fb should not lead the team in receptions on PA passes.

The giants is on pace for 13 sacks this season - so they are not that great of a pass rushing unit. However with our O-line (I'm looking at you, me. Hurst) they will propably have 3-5 sacks and totally dominate the LOS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11257
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
I actually think Pees is doing a good job of rotating the defensive players. It's not like the days where Ngata and Suggs played 99% of the snaps - we don't have playmakers that like anymore, though.


Talking about the defensive line specifically. It's basically the same type of rotation as in the past. Williams and Jernigan play the majority of the snaps, then Guy and Pierce rotate somewhat. That's the extent of it. Urban gets a handful of plays if any.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5525
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job by Flacco to hang in there with the blitz coming and great catch by Perriman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rein


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1263
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Great job by Flacco to hang in there with the blitz coming and great catch by Perriman


That was beautiful !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensDefense3


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2337
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liking what I see so far
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11257
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an awful screen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1052
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Weddle

A stupid rule could bring it back though. Great heads up plays by Young and Orr.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5525
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was worried we weren't going to capitlise on that great field position.

Looks like Urschel had a couple of nice blocks on that drive too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rein


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1263
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
I was worried we weren't going to capitlise on that great field position.

Looks like Urschel had a couple of nice blocks on that drive too


Including his false start pancake block on Zuttah Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11257
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mornhinweg has incorporated some different routes into the offense. Very nice to see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group