Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

16-17 BUFFALO SABRES THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 12842
Location: '09 Bills Forum HOF
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
billzz wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
Anders Nilsson needs to be our starting goalie. Doubt I'll find anyone on here willing to argue that. Every game he's started, he has been stout.

Don't care what we paid for Lehner. Need to move on and start the better man. (Heck, Chad Johnson even outplayed Lehner last year too)


Didnt watch the game but huge game for Nilsson.


lol he won the shoot out.. so theres that.

when he shut down malkin and crosby last night i got out of my seat.


Dude same. Shut down two of the best.


crosby's weak little wrist shot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 12842
Location: '09 Bills Forum HOF
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-ryan-oreilly-flames-goalie-robin-lehner-start/

oreilly is out tonight against the flames... also lehner is getting the start, i honestly believe this is his last straw.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leeevans83d


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 2645
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade Lehner for something. We could use some cap space. Nilsson and even Ullmark if need be can hold down the fort if we can't find another goalie for the time being.

The only reason Lehner should get the start tonight is if we're showcasing him for another team. Other that that, there is no excuse to start someone who is 0-4 recently over the guy with a 97% save percentage.
_________________
2016 Adopt-A-Bill:
Sammy Watkins
Eric Wood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 12842
Location: '09 Bills Forum HOF
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
I'd trade Lehner for something. We could use some cap space. Nilsson and even Ullmark if need be can hold down the fort if we can't find another goalie for the time being.

The only reason Lehner should get the start tonight is if we're showcasing him for another team. Other that that, there is no excuse to start someone who is 0-4 recently over the guy with a 97% save percentage.


i really think it is to up his trade value tbh.. lets hope at least.

hopefully timmy doesn't hold onto failures like darcy used too, meaning cut the fat before putting the steak on the grill. darcy would have held on to him while gradually sliding nilsson into the starting slot over time, and dragging the team down mentally the 23-28 games lehner is in net. the team knows who the better goalie is.

eichel comes back relatively soon, we could really start taking off..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 12842
Location: '09 Bills Forum HOF
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eichel skated with the team this morning.

great news
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 1097
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy Theme Song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdknOwK2GgM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 11860
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROR and Eichel both full participation is practice. Cant wait to see our lineup with them both back
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 12842
Location: '09 Bills Forum HOF
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good game going on right now against detroit..

1-1 in the 3rd as long as this goal stands for brian gionta.

lets go buffalo!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leeevans83d


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 2645
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd honestly rather send out a piece of Swiss cheese as our goalie for the shootouts. I honestly don't even remember the last time Lehner stopped one.
_________________
2016 Adopt-A-Bill:
Sammy Watkins
Eric Wood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 11860
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
I'd honestly rather send out a piece of Swiss cheese as our goalie for the shootouts. I honestly don't even remember the last time Lehner stopped one.


He is great during the game lol. Seems a little too stiff on shootouts
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Billsfaninptown


Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 206
Location: Portland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Eichel. 2 points in his first game back. I hope he can light a fire under this team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leeevans83d


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 2645
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
Welcome back Eichel. 2 points in his first game back. I hope he can light a fire under this team.


Looked like he lit a fire under the whole team last night. Liked what I saw but we need consistent offense.

And remember, we still have some key guys on the shelf, so we still have opportunities to get better when they get back.

-Kulikov
-Ennis
-Bogo
-Deslauriers

I miss DeLo...he was the guy that brought the physical presence to the team, and Foligno has had to take over that role in his absence (and has done a decent job in that role).
_________________
2016 Adopt-A-Bill:
Sammy Watkins
Eric Wood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 12842
Location: '09 Bills Forum HOF
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Billsfaninptown wrote:
Welcome back Eichel. 2 points in his first game back. I hope he can light a fire under this team.


Looked like he lit a fire under the whole team last night. Liked what I saw but we need consistent offense.

And remember, we still have some key guys on the shelf, so we still have opportunities to get better when they get back.

-Kulikov
-Ennis
-Bogo
-Deslauriers

I miss DeLo...he was the guy that brought the physical presence to the team, and Foligno has had to take over that role in his absence (and has done a decent job in that role).


this team will operate beautifully once Kulikov, and Bogo are back. Ennis, and D-slizzy are just more icing on the cake.

the season is finally here Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leeevans83d


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 2645
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
Billsfaninptown wrote:
Welcome back Eichel. 2 points in his first game back. I hope he can light a fire under this team.


Looked like he lit a fire under the whole team last night. Liked what I saw but we need consistent offense.

And remember, we still have some key guys on the shelf, so we still have opportunities to get better when they get back.

-Kulikov
-Ennis
-Bogo
-Deslauriers

I miss DeLo...he was the guy that brought the physical presence to the team, and Foligno has had to take over that role in his absence (and has done a decent job in that role).


this team will operate beautifully once Kulikov, and Bogo are back. Ennis, and D-slizzy are just more icing on the cake.

the season is finally here Very Happy


Agreed. Reports say that Kulikov is closest to returning, so that's good. Bogo is on week 4 of a 4-6 week injury. We should see him on the ice in the coming weeks. I think D-Lo had a pretty bad knee injury, so I have no clue about him.
_________________
2016 Adopt-A-Bill:
Sammy Watkins
Eric Wood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 12842
Location: '09 Bills Forum HOF
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
billzz wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
Billsfaninptown wrote:
Welcome back Eichel. 2 points in his first game back. I hope he can light a fire under this team.


Looked like he lit a fire under the whole team last night. Liked what I saw but we need consistent offense.

And remember, we still have some key guys on the shelf, so we still have opportunities to get better when they get back.

-Kulikov
-Ennis
-Bogo
-Deslauriers

I miss DeLo...he was the guy that brought the physical presence to the team, and Foligno has had to take over that role in his absence (and has done a decent job in that role).


this team will operate beautifully once Kulikov, and Bogo are back. Ennis, and D-slizzy are just more icing on the cake.

the season is finally here Very Happy


Agreed. Reports say that Kulikov is closest to returning, so that's good. Bogo is on week 4 of a 4-6 week injury. We should see him on the ice in the coming weeks. I think D-Lo had a pretty bad knee injury, so I have no clue about him.



damn i didnt know bogo was going to be out for so long.. hopefully it doesn't become to much of an issue.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group