Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft 2017 talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media just has to force a player to a team to predict the entire draft and Cam is just easy to justify, with the Alabama connection and us losing a hyped right tackle. They have to put him somewhere.

Remember that Eric Decosta just said that he can't even predict who we're going to draft, and he usually is able to at this point in the draft. We aren't really going to "decide" our pick, as there are probably a lot of guys they like and will fit. It's going to be a question of who's left.
paraven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the pick will be between Ross, Williams, Davis, Barnett, or Reddick,
If all of those guys are gone, id imagine the ravens will look to move down. If they cant move down, then maybe Marlon Humphrey?
DreamKid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bolles being the 1st OL drafted line makes the whole thing sketchy from the get. 25 in a year, concerning background, I'm selling on that one and I remember seeing Dave Te mentioned in the Draft General forum but I don't remember in what light he was discussed.

A Bama player we really shouldn't sleep on is Marlon Humphrey. He's fallen some throughout the process but he plays like a Raven through and through. Legit ability to play corner and safety, physicality and potential are a huge plus, corner is position that must be addressed and we could hear his name called. Though it almost seems more likely in the 2nd now which blows me away, the mocks are so all over the place you know the draft will be insane.

The Bama connection is overblown as a draft predictor and more surefire as a story builder for analysts. Where it comes into play more is with players like Foster, Williams etc. I know Ahkello is a late riser, but I keep envisioning our 3rd round as being him and Tim Williams. Foster is a guy who is a big possibility maybe even inevitability at our true pick but if we trade down and he's still there consider it a lock. Our FO would get off way too much on getting him after a trade back.

Where are thoughts at on Sidney Jones, for this forum and outside? I can't seem to nail down a solid projection on his draft range at this point. I'd love to get him in the 3rd or 4th but wouldn't be heated at earlier which is where I think he'll go. A trade down scenario could also give us an extra pick to snag someone like him. Though we never pick guys like him come draft time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
A Bama player we really shouldn't sleep on is Marlon Humphrey. He's fallen some throughout the process but he plays like a Raven through and through. Legit ability to play corner and safety, physicality and potential are a huge plus, corner is position that must be addressed and we could hear his name called. Though it almost seems more likely in the 2nd now which blows me away, the mocks are so all over the place you know the draft will be insane.

Humphrey is too linear for my tastes. Not sure he has the lateral movement ability or instincts that you want in a top corner. Second round is fine and sounds about right.

Quote:
The Bama connection is overblown as a draft predictor and more surefire as a story builder for analysts. Where it comes into play more is with players like Foster, Williams etc. I know Ahkello is a late riser, but I keep envisioning our 3rd round as being him and Tim Williams. Foster is a guy who is a big possibility maybe even inevitability at our true pick but if we trade down and he's still there consider it a lock. Our FO would get off way too much on getting him after a trade back.

Where are thoughts at on Sidney Jones, for this forum and outside? I can't seem to nail down a solid projection on his draft range at this point. I'd love to get him in the 3rd or 4th but wouldn't be heated at earlier which is where I think he'll go. A trade down scenario could also give us an extra pick to snag someone like him. Though we never pick guys like him come draft time.

I agree that the Alabama thing is overblown and to me it's a lazy add-on for any Ravens-Crimson Tide prospect discussion. For years and years the same thing was said about Miami because of Lewis and Reed. Although I do think Baltimore has taken the more player from Alabama than any other college it's not an overwhelming number. Seven by my count. Newsome surely has connections to the program and gets information that others can't. But that can be a good and bad thing for prospects. They're not going to get all the hype that other teams might be fed.

I have no idea on Jones. I'm fine with the Ravens drafting him as high as 74 but who knows if he lasts that long. To me 47 is only out of the question because I think Baltimore needs immediate contributors with their first couple of picks especially given the talent likely to be available in the top 50.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Josh Norris‏Verified account @JoshNorris 30s31 seconds ago

Plenty of buzz that a team picking 21-32 will attempt to jump the Broncos at 20 for their choice of the top T.

Think

If stuff really was leaking out of Baltimore I don't think there would be so much conflicting information.
Sessy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humphrey is a guy I'm a fan of if we dip into the mid 20s, as a pure value pick. Sidney Jones, probably a bit too rich for my blood at 47, because I fully expect us to get a first round caliber player there who will play immediately. That being said, at 74 I'm all over it. I'm probably all over it on a trade back in the second. There's no doubt in my mind that without the injury, Sidney Jones is a top 5 prospect in this draft. Similar to Jaylen Smith last year, but with a much less debilitating injury.
paraven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayock just mocked us reddick with Corey Davis and Malik Hooker on the board
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 2m2 minutes ago

Ravens have considerable interest in Western Michigan WR Corey Davis, per league sources, one of their stronger options at current slot

Pray Pray Pray
DreamKid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Shame on you Not talking Speak to the hand Drool , I can't let myself fall into that miserable trap called hope.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Norris and Dane Brugler released their final mocks tonight. Both have the Ravens taking Forrest Lamp at 16. Very Happy

Bob McGinn has the Ravens taking Cam Robinson with Corey Davis, John Ross, and Mike Williams still on the board. Lamp too but I'm still dubious about how interested Baltimore is in him.

Regardless, nobody knows anything about what the Ravens are going to do. Nor has anybody ever really known anything about what the Ravens were going to do in any draft. Still hoping that Wilson is right about them having a lot of interest in Davis though.
paraven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Josh Norris and Dane Brugler released their final mocks tonight. Both have the Ravens taking Forrest Lamp at 16. Very Happy

Bob McGinn has the Ravens taking Cam Robinson with Corey Davis, John Ross, and Mike Williams still on the board. Lamp too but I'm still dubious about how interested Baltimore is in him.

Regardless, nobody knows anything about what the Ravens are going to do. Nor has anybody ever really known anything about what the Ravens were going to do in any draft. Still hoping that Wilson is right about them having a lot of interest in Davis though.

So draft day is here, im going to stick with my initial pick and say the ravens will select John Ross at 16 if he is still available. If Mike Williams is there then he is the pick, but I think he will go to Buf at 10. Itl be between Davis and Ross, but I think we will go with the later. Ravens will then bring Boldin Back ( Keenan Reynolds gave up his #81 today)

Hey I can dream right. In all likelihood we will pick Lamp and Il go to sleep dissapointed AF.. but it would be a safe pick..
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't see it, with Robinson. It's not like the Ravens to take such a flawed prospect in the first round. They usually aim for players who are safe, and don't reach (before anyone mentions Perriman or Elam, they both had strong first round grades).

Robinson is a big reach, at #16. I think people are just guessing, and they don't know the Ravens well enough to think beyond 'Ozzie loves 'Bama guys' (which isn't as big a deal as they think) and 'Ravens need O-line guys'.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still really really high on Sidney Jones. So natural for the position, and he is one of if not the best at getting his head turned when running down field with a receiver. I don't know much about achilles tendon injuries and how they will affect him forward, but he could be a great pick in the second round. If not for the injury, he would be a clean prospect.
r_sayle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember guys, we are Ravens Fans here and we have a habit of being disappointed on draft day until everything falls into place. So with that in mind im thinking its going to be Robinson. Id love nothing more than it to be Davis, Willams or Lamp but gut says trade down and Robinson
Sessy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r_sayle wrote:
Remember guys, we are Ravens Fans here and we have a habit of being disappointed on draft day until everything falls into place. So with that in mind im thinking its going to be Robinson. Id love nothing more than it to be Davis, Willams or Lamp but gut says trade down and Robinson

This is where I am. To be fair, I don't think Williams will be there, and Lamp and Robinson are close enough to me that, especially with a trade down, I wouldn't be flipping out. Passing on Davis would hurt though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55

Jump to: