You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft 2017 talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyus Bowser would be a project. He's got some flashes, but also some bad tape out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a week to go, I'm feeling at least 80% sure we are taking a WR at 1.

All 3 of the top guys are so good. I had Davis as my favorite before the pre-draft process, and still do, but the margin is so slight between them. Any would be the game changer we've been lacking on that side of the ball, since forever. Mike Williams has elite jump ball ability that Joe's been dreaming of, combined with size and speed. John Ross obviously has game breaking speed, but also like a bigger TY Hilton, has polish as a receiver and a fully realized catch radius. I can't see all three of them being gone at 16, so we are really in a good spot.

For the other 20% chance, Carlos Henderson in the 3rd seems like a perfect fit. Or Zay Jones in the 2nd.

Together I'd say there is a 90% chance we get one of the big 3 or Henderson or Jones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paraven


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
With a week to go, I'm feeling at least 80% sure we are taking a WR at 1.

All 3 of the top guys are so good. I had Davis as my favorite before the pre-draft process, and still do, but the margin is so slight between them. Any would be the game changer we've been lacking on that side of the ball, since forever. Mike Williams has elite jump ball ability that Joe's been dreaming of, combined with size and speed. John Ross obviously has game breaking speed, but also like a bigger TY Hilton, has polish as a receiver and a fully realized catch radius. I can't see all three of them being gone at 16, so we are really in a good spot.

For the other 20% chance, Carlos Henderson in the 3rd seems like a perfect fit. Or Zay Jones in the 2nd.

Together I'd say there is a 90% chance we get one of the big 3 or Henderson or Jones.


I have a feeling we are going WR too still. The fact that the FO mentioned getting talent around Flacco and all they signed in FA was Danny Woodhead, tells me they know they will draft a WR early.

I feel the first 10 picks will all be defense with the exception of Howard and a QB or 2. That leaves Philly and AZ in the way who could possibly take a wr before us. Philly I feel will take a WR in the later rounds and address CB or take foster if he is still on the board. I live in the Philly burbs and the sports talk radio hosts are all hoping foster falls to them at 14.
AZ we have to hope takes Mahomes or another QB. If that happens I can see us having the pick of the litter of WR's at 16.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
I have a feeling we are going WR too still. The fact that the FO mentioned getting talent around Flacco and all they signed in FA was Danny Woodhead, tells me they know they will draft a WR early.

I feel the first 10 picks will all be defense with the exception of Howard and a QB or 2. That leaves Philly and AZ in the way who could possibly take a wr before us. Philly I feel will take a WR in the later rounds and address CB or take foster if he is still on the board. I live in the Philly burbs and the sports talk radio hosts are all hoping foster falls to them at 14.
AZ we have to hope takes Mahomes or another QB. If that happens I can see us having the pick of the litter of WR's at 16.


Also Fournette and McCaffrey. It's happening.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could easily see something like (removed teams as trades will happen)

1 pick: Myles Garrett
2 pick: Mitch Trubisky
3 pick: Jamal Adams
4 pick: Leonard Fournette
5 pick: Jonathan Allen
6 pick: Malik Hooker
7 pick: O.J. Howard
8 pick: Solomon Thoms
9 pick: Marshon Lattimore/Gareon Conley
10 pick: Taco Charlton

Which leaves us with prospects like: Derek Barnett, Watt, Harris, Williams, Davis, Ross, Lamp, Robinson, Foster, Reddick and whoever we like at cornerback.

I could also see Lattimore slide, maybe a lot, if teams are as concerned about his soft tissue injuries as I am.

I am close to taking him off the board. I am more concerned about his injuries, than I am about the achilles injury to Sidney Jones and the pec injury to Fabian Moreau.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paraven


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
paraven wrote:
I have a feeling we are going WR too still. The fact that the FO mentioned getting talent around Flacco and all they signed in FA was Danny Woodhead, tells me they know they will draft a WR early.

I feel the first 10 picks will all be defense with the exception of Howard and a QB or 2. That leaves Philly and AZ in the way who could possibly take a wr before us. Philly I feel will take a WR in the later rounds and address CB or take foster if he is still on the board. I live in the Philly burbs and the sports talk radio hosts are all hoping foster falls to them at 14.
AZ we have to hope takes Mahomes or another QB. If that happens I can see us having the pick of the litter of WR's at 16.


Also Fournette and McCaffrey. It's happening.


Forgot about Fournette, hes definitely going to go to JAX. Im not so sure about Mccaffrey but if both of them are taken, plus 2 QB's, and OJ Howard, then we will be sitting real pretty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KiddKillah


Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Posts: 2567
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one here talks about Cordrea Tankersley. Why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcarey20


Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 8022
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
No one here talks about Cordrea Tankersley. Why?


That is true. I feel like he gets forgotten about in general. I haven't look into him that much throughout the draft process to be honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 3469
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
I could easily see something like (removed teams as trades will happen)

1 pick: Myles Garrett
2 pick: Mitch Trubisky
3 pick: Jamal Adams
4 pick: Leonard Fournette
5 pick: Jonathan Allen
6 pick: Malik Hooker
7 pick: O.J. Howard
8 pick: Solomon Thoms
9 pick: Marshon Lattimore/Gareon Conley
10 pick: Taco Charlton

Which leaves us with prospects like: Derek Barnett, Watt, Harris, Williams, Davis, Ross, Lamp, Robinson, Foster, Reddick and whoever we like at cornerback.

I could also see Lattimore slide, maybe a lot, if teams are as concerned about his soft tissue injuries as I am.

I am close to taking him off the board. I am more concerned about his injuries, than I am about the achilles injury to Sidney Jones and the pec injury to Fabian Moreau.


I think Conley, Charlton and Allen are more likely to fall out of the top ten than Mike Williams is. And I still don't see a QB going before the Ravens pick. Just don't think the players available are good enough, and the teams that need QBs most aren't completely without options.

My latest mock draft gave me this, which would absolutely delight me (and has little chance of actually happening):

16: R1P16 EDGE DEREK BARNETT TENNESSEE
47: R2P15 CB QUINCY WILSON FLORIDA
74: R3P10 WR ZAY JONES EAST CAROLINA
78: R3P14 G DORIAN JOHNSON PITTSBURGH
122: R4P15 C PAT ELFLEIN OHIO STATE
159: R5P15 WR JOSH MALONE TENNESSEE
186: R6P2 RB TARIK COHEN NORTH CAROLINA A&T
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Danand wrote:
I could easily see something like (removed teams as trades will happen)

1 pick: Myles Garrett
2 pick: Mitch Trubisky
3 pick: Jamal Adams
4 pick: Leonard Fournette
5 pick: Jonathan Allen
6 pick: Malik Hooker
7 pick: O.J. Howard
8 pick: Solomon Thoms
9 pick: Marshon Lattimore/Gareon Conley
10 pick: Taco Charlton

Which leaves us with prospects like: Derek Barnett, Watt, Harris, Williams, Davis, Ross, Lamp, Robinson, Foster, Reddick and whoever we like at cornerback.

I could also see Lattimore slide, maybe a lot, if teams are as concerned about his soft tissue injuries as I am.

I am close to taking him off the board. I am more concerned about his injuries, than I am about the achilles injury to Sidney Jones and the pec injury to Fabian Moreau.


I think Conley, Charlton and Allen are more likely to fall out of the top ten than Mike Williams is. And I still don't see a QB going before the Ravens pick. Just don't think the players available are good enough, and the teams that need QBs most aren't completely without options.

My latest mock draft gave me this, which would absolutely delight me (and has little chance of actually happening):

16: R1P16 EDGE DEREK BARNETT TENNESSEE
47: R2P15 CB QUINCY WILSON FLORIDA
74: R3P10 WR ZAY JONES EAST CAROLINA
78: R3P14 G DORIAN JOHNSON PITTSBURGH
122: R4P15 C PAT ELFLEIN OHIO STATE
159: R5P15 WR JOSH MALONE TENNESSEE
186: R6P2 RB TARIK COHEN NORTH CAROLINA A&T


I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mike Williams fell to the 20's. I don't care what he ran at his pro day, he is 4,65-4,75 on the field.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcarey20


Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 8022
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My latest mock draft gave me this, which would absolutely delight me (and has little chance of actually happening):

16: R1P16 EDGE DEREK BARNETT TENNESSEE
47: R2P15 CB QUINCY WILSON FLORIDA
74: R3P10 WR ZAY JONES EAST CAROLINA
78: R3P14 G DORIAN JOHNSON PITTSBURGH
122: R4P15 C PAT ELFLEIN OHIO STATE
159: R5P15 WR JOSH MALONE TENNESSEE
186: R6P2 RB TARIK COHEN NORTH CAROLINA A&T


I love Barnett for us as I've said, I know he's one of the more polarizing first round options around here.

Elflein is almost certainly off the board before then, but the rest looks like it could happen.

Zay @ 47 and Quincy @ 74 is a more realistic way of going, but same thing. I think both Florida CB's could be in for pretty big falls (into the early-mid 3rd, Tabor maybe even later). But that's just a gut feeling. There's too many guys that teams will probably have over them that performed well in the draft process.

I've said before that the order in which the CB's come off the board is just going to come down to personal favorites/preferences and how prospects fit schemes. There top 10-15 guys @ corner could all be ranked completely different depending on the team IMO. I don't think there's any consensus at all in how these guys will come off the board, which is weird and exciting all at the same time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
No one here talks about Cordrea Tankersley. Why?


Speaking for myself, he was someone I had an eye on for our 2nd round pick. But, since we added Carr and seeing where this year's prospects fall, I've shifted to thinking our first two picks should be WR and pass rusher in some order. Maybe OL.

Just with the depth of this draft class at CB, there should be someone similar or close at our 3rd round pick. I don't talk as much about the corner prospects, because it's harder to get a great read from clips compared to other positions, and because I think it's going to be whoever falls to 3rd from a bunch a names.

Other guys in the same bucket, who may slide:
Ahkello Witherspoon
Desmond King
Fabian Moreau
Sidney Jones
Cameron Sutton
Jourdoun Lewis (not for us after the DV incident, but someone else will take him)
Maybe one of the Florida corners after they ran poorly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
No one here talks about Cordrea Tankersley. Why?


Another fine pick at 47. There are just so many options to talk about for that pick as well as 74 and 78 that lots of prospects will get lost in the shuffle. This is a really good class for that range and I'm hoping the Ravens don't use one of those latter two to move up from 16 or 47. Get more in the top 100 if possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
I could easily see something like (removed teams as trades will happen)

1 pick: Myles Garrett
2 pick: Mitch Trubisky
3 pick: Jamal Adams
4 pick: Leonard Fournette
5 pick: Jonathan Allen
6 pick: Malik Hooker
7 pick: O.J. Howard
8 pick: Solomon Thoms
9 pick: Marshon Lattimore/Gareon Conley
10 pick: Taco Charlton

Which leaves us with prospects like: Derek Barnett, Watt, Harris, Williams, Davis, Ross, Lamp, Robinson, Foster, Reddick and whoever we like at cornerback.

I could also see Lattimore slide, maybe a lot, if teams are as concerned about his soft tissue injuries as I am.

I am close to taking him off the board. I am more concerned about his injuries, than I am about the achilles injury to Sidney Jones and the pec injury to Fabian Moreau.


I've read that New Orleans is really, really high on Charlton so him being off the board by 16 wouldn't be a surprise.

Lattimore is iffy. I'm pretty down on prospects who could have chronic injury issues but who knows how bad the issues with his hamstrings actually are. Otherwise Marshon is close to being an elite prospect at that position. Conley was better at Ohio State but Lattimore has more upside. Although I would be just fine with taking Gareon highly as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Danand wrote:
I could easily see something like (removed teams as trades will happen)

1 pick: Myles Garrett
2 pick: Mitch Trubisky
3 pick: Jamal Adams
4 pick: Leonard Fournette
5 pick: Jonathan Allen
6 pick: Malik Hooker
7 pick: O.J. Howard
8 pick: Solomon Thoms
9 pick: Marshon Lattimore/Gareon Conley
10 pick: Taco Charlton

Which leaves us with prospects like: Derek Barnett, Watt, Harris, Williams, Davis, Ross, Lamp, Robinson, Foster, Reddick and whoever we like at cornerback.

I could also see Lattimore slide, maybe a lot, if teams are as concerned about his soft tissue injuries as I am.

I am close to taking him off the board. I am more concerned about his injuries, than I am about the achilles injury to Sidney Jones and the pec injury to Fabian Moreau.


I've read that New Orleans is really, really high on Charlton so him being off the board by 16 wouldn't be a surprise.

Lattimore is iffy. I'm pretty down on prospects who could have chronic injury issues but who knows how bad the issues with his hamstrings actually are. Otherwise Marshon is close to being an elite prospect at that position. Conley was better at Ohio State but Lattimore has more upside. Although I would be just fine with taking Gareon highly as well.


Lattimore has had the issues with his harmstrings since high school and the issues has caused him to have surgery on them. To me, it sounds like they are worse than the issues with Campanaro, and while he has been able to see the field, he has never been fully healthy,
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 46 of 55

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group