You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft 2017 talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, I think these are the prospects Baltimore has reportedly brought in for visits:

Mike Williams
John Ross
Corey Davis
DeAngelo Yancey
Tim White

Cam Robinson

Malik McDowell
Caleb Brantley
Chris Wormley
Tanoh Kpassagnon

Derek Rivers
Tim Williams
Takkarist McKinley

Reuben Foster
Haason Reddick
Raekwon McMillan

Kevin King

Josh Jones
Jabrill Peppers
Malik Golden

If all of those are correct then that's 20 out of the 30 private visits allowed, unless any of them fall under the local prospect category. Seems to be more top prospects this year than usual. The lack of offensive linemen is concerning but who knows what the team did with the other 10 unreported (so far) visits. Still a week left to get things done too. I thought I had heard Lamp was going to be brought in for a visit but I can't find anything about that now.

For what it's worth I think every first round pick Baltimore has made for a while now has also been brought in for a private visit. It gets sketchier going past the first round but if I remember correctly this has been the case for Stanley, Perriman, Mosley, Elam, and Smith. Upshaw was the first player taken in the 2012 draft between the picks of Elam and Smith and I think the Ravens probably brought Courtney in for a visit too. They usually do for most top Alabama prospects. Then before Jimmy in 2011 there was Kindle as the top pick in 2010. Can't remember anything about bringing him in for a visit. And in 2009 Oher was the pick and I don't remember much about that pre-draft process either. But it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't given his surprising drop on draft day. Same goes for Sergio too now that I think about it.

So what I'm getting at is to pay close attention to lists like this for the draft games. Laughing
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo, with some around the league thinking Corey Davis may slide to the 2nd...

Who would be interested in trading up at the top of the 2nd to grab him. It should be easy to work out with the 2 early 3's we have. I think if it dis happen, Davis definitely would be worth it.

That gives us an option of taking Foster? Barnett?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:

Who would be interested in trading up at the top of the 2nd to grab him. It should be easy to work out with the 2 early 3's we have. I think if it dis happen, Davis definitely would be worth it.

According to who?

Davis was never going to get a lot of hype before the draft since he's recovering from ankle surgery and unable to workout. I think some are equating that to falling and I'm not buying it. Corey is going in the first round. His ceiling is probably Tennessee at 5. That would be too early for him (or Williams) for my tastes but it sounds like the Titans is heavily considering wide receiver at either first round pick.
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

According to who?

Davis was never going to get a lot of hype before the draft since he's recovering from ankle surgery and unable to workout. I think some are equating that to falling and I'm not buying it. Corey is going in the first round. His ceiling is probably Tennessee at 5. That would be too early for him (or Williams) for my tastes but it sounds like the Titans is heavily considering wide receiver at either first round pick.

I would be surprised for him to be there at 16, let alone in the 2nd round.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much moving around do we think we are going to see?

I could see trading back from 47 as the more and more I look at the 2nd round guys the less I think there's going to be a slam dunk BPA at that point.

You also have to think Eric and Ozzie want to make more than 7 picks this draft...seems too low given the depth of talent and holes we still do have
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely seems like we need more than 7 picks. We need like 2-3 roster-able bodies on the offensive line alone. If we were forced to trot out an offensive line with the players we have right now, who do you guys think we would use and where?

Stanley and Yanda at LT and RG.

I've always thought of Alex Lewis as a tackle, rather than a guard, and the top alternative is James Hurst so I'm putting Lewis at RT.

Center goes to Urschel almost by default.

Ryan Jensen is a person who has taken snaps before, so congrats on the other starting guard job.

Is that what everyone else sees? Am I alone in thinking Lewis will shift to tackle? We badly need bodies there, regardless. Even other spots where we are thin, we have utility guys who we can line up at a different position in a pinch like Webb (S/CB), McClellan/Correa (ILB/OLB), Levine (S/LB/CB), Darren Waller (TE/WR), and Za'Darius Smith(OLB/DL). On the O-line, the only other guy I know is James Hurst, so there are no other options.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the offensive linemen currently under contract or tender:

LT: Ronnie Stanley / James Hurst
LG: Alex Lewis / Ryan Jensen / Jarrod Pughsley
C: John Urschel / Matt Skura
RG: Marshal Yanda / Jarell Broxton
RT: De'Ondre Wesley / Stephane Nembot

Not pretty. I think as it is now Lewis would start at left guard and Wesley at right tackle. Jensen got sent to the doghouse at the end of last season and I'm not sure he gets out of it. Plus the team is supposedly high on De'Ondre so he probably gets the chance to start if it comes to that. But hopefully it doesn't. He's fine to take a gable on as a backup given the lack of other options, but way too risky to think of as a starter.

Needing 2-3 more players that can be rostered seems right. The Ravens usually like to keep around 9 on the active roster and I only see Stanley, Lewis, Urschel, and Yanda as the sure bets. Jensen is probably safe too despite his inactive streak to end last season but it's definitely far from guaranteed. Then there's Wesley, Skura, and Nembot as the former undrafted practice squad guys who could battle it out for a roster spot. Two offensive linemen from this draft and one or two from the latter three brings it up to 8 or 9. Asking for three drafted rookies out of this class seems like a bit too much. I'm not even comfortable predicting two.

Hopefully with D'Alessandris and Roman on staff they can finally convince the rest of the team to get rid of Hurst.
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've just finished a forum mock draft on an Australian site that we do every year.

Bear in mind that the majority of this was done before the Jernigan trade and the re-signing of Webb.

Here's what I ended up with.

16. TJ Watt - DE - Wisconsin
47. Gareon Conley - CB - Ohio State
78. Roderick Johnson - OT - Florida State
99. Tyler Orlosky - OC - West Virginia
122. Taywan Taylor - WR - Western Kentucky
159. Tedric Thompson - FS - Colorado
186. Jeremy McNichols - RB - Boise State

The first round couldn't have gone much more wrong for me. Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Forrest Lamp & Derek Barnett all went before pick 16, and I would probably want to trade down if this happened irl.

That said, the 2nd round couldn't have gone better and I couldn't type Conley's name fast enough Very Happy

I feel I probably panicked a little with the Orlosky pick at the end of the 3rd round but I'd be very happy if those were the actual picks in the 4th/5th/6th rounds.

Here's the link to the mock draft if you guys are curious on how the rest of the draft played out

Thoughts?
Danand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, you could have had Elflein instead of Johnson and then had a good chance at landing a safety with that second 3. round pick. Other than that it is really good.

I think a guy like Taylor is on the rise, and Tedric Thompson could be great if he is allowed to solely play the role of centerfielder.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have Taco Charlton than Watt @ 16 if we are going pass rush, but I think TJ will end up a solid player. I just think there will be better values @ 16 than both of those guys though.

Conley won't be there are 47 but obviously a good pick.

I like Orlosky @ 99, I think he's pretty good and somewhat underrated.

Don't know a ton about Johnson. McNichols and Taywan are nice later picks.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Conley at 16 and Watt at 47 would be much more likely. Laughing

With that said I think 16 is too high for TJ. I would be more comfortable with him a bit later in the 20's. If John Ross was still available after those other guys went he's probably the highest guy left on my list.

Gareon is really good and I would be happy with the Ravens getting him anywhere. Well, barring a trade up. They don't need to do that for anybody.

I'm not a big fan of Roderick Johnson, especially for the Ravens. The guy just doesn't know what he's doing out there and will take at least a couple years to develop. Baltimore's need at tackle is immediate.

Orlosky is fine at 99. Offensive linemen will get pushed up but hat's probably right around where his value is anyways. I don't mind Tyler. There's only a handful of interesting centers this year and he's one of them. Then there's Elflein, Pocic, Roullier, and...? Cameron Tom is interesting although I'm not sure he fits what the team wants to do. If the Ravens trade down in the third and haven't addressed center yet I would hope Orlosky is still on the board is taken by them.

Taylor at 122 is really good. He's more of a weapon in the short game or on screens, but anybody that makes plays is nice.

I really like Thompson at that point too. Getting a true center fielding safety on the roster, even as a backup, is good. And Tedric has the speed and instincts to do well there. I think he goes earlier than expected.

McNichols is another nice one. He would be the most natural receiving back on the team which is impressive since the Ravens have both Dixon and Allen. Jeremy is fine running the ball too. Although at the same time just about everybody else Baltimore has can be effective runners... the offensive line just kills their chances.

I like it a lot overall.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams
John Ross
Corey Davis
DeAngelo Yancey
Tim White

Cam Robinson

Malik McDowell
Caleb Brantley
Chris Wormley
Tanoh Kpassagnon

Derek Rivers
Tim Williams
Takkarist McKinley
Tyus Bowser
Jordan Willis

Reuben Foster
Haason Reddick
Raekwon McMillan

Kevin King

Josh Jones
Jabrill Peppers
Malik Golden

Added Tyus Bowser and Jordan Willis to that list. Albert Breer reported the Bowser visit earlier this morning and walterfootball added Willis since yesterday. I can't find anything specific about him and the Ravens but Emily Kaplan reported that he had 15 of them setup so there's a good chance he was in Baltimore. If all are true and none count for the local workouts that's 22 out of 30. Again, most of those guys seem to be top three round picks. I like it. It's time to start hitting some doubles and triples after the first round and before the fourth round.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of rumors flying around about the quarterbacks right now. It's the start of prime draft smokescreen season, but I don't care. Laughing

The biggest one right now is Chicago drafting Deshaun Watson at 3. They've apparently been big fans of him for a long time now and I have to say it makes sense. If they have his potential rated that highly then he can come in and develop for a couple of years behind Glennon. Then step into the starting lineup when ready.

After that it's Buffalo being really high on Mitchell Trubisky. And with a new head coach in and all the Tyrod Taylor drama (that resulted in him taking less money on a deal that voids after two years) that one also makes sense. Then there's the bit about Pegula attending the meeting/workout of Watson.

But you also have teams like the 49ers (2), Jets (6), Chargers (7), Browns (12), and Cardinals (13) possibly looking for a QB. Maybe the Saints (11) too but I think they go for an immediate defensive contributor. This is all good news for the Ravens. I'm really hoping Mahomes and maybe even Kizer get pushed way up and go before the 16th pick. With the depth of this draft some teams could convince themselves to reach on a quarterback early while getting good value players later on.

With that said here's my first top 16 mock of the year:

1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett
2. San Francisco 49ers: Mitchell Trubisky
3. Chicago Bears: Deshaun Watson
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Leonard Fournette
5. Tennessee Titans: Marshon Lattimore
6. New York Jets: Jamal Adams
7. Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Hooker
8. Carolina Panthers: Christian McCaffrey
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Solomon Thomas
10. Buffalo Bills: O.J. Howard
11. New Orleans Saints: Derek Barnett
12. Cleveland Browns: Gareon Conley
13. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Mahomes
14. Philadelphia Eagles: Jonathan Allen
15. Indianapolis Colts: Reuben Foster
16. Baltimore Ravens: Corey Davis

Yeah, Trubisky to San Francisco. New head coach and front office with QB being a big need. Thomas gets mocked there often but I don't see it. There isn't a bona fide #2 pick this year and with quarterbacks always getting pushed up I'm gambling on the 49ers getting one. Would be a decent situation for Mitchell too. Not a ton of pressure to start right away so he can sit and develop. Allen falling is the only other surprise but I don't think there's a real clean fit for him in the top ten. This would leave the Ravens with their pick of Davis, Williams, Ross, Lamp, Robinson, Charlton, Reddick, etc. Trading back might make the most sense but I hate trying to predict those. If Baltimore sticks there my guess is Davis. He just fits too perfectly for what the team needs at wide receiver.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like Corey Davis is going to be the pick @ 16. Which I'm cool with. It's gonna be really interesting, I feel like this is the most unpredictable first round in awhile.

Bowser is an interesting guy, I like his potential, he's got that quick twitch athleticism that is lacking from some of the earler guys like Barnett and Charlton. I'd be on board with him in the 2nd if the first pick is a WR.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

#KSU Edge rusher Jordan Willis finished his last of 15 visits/workouts by visiting #Panthers today. With #Ravens yesterday & #Bucs last week

There it was.

I think Bowser would be nice at at 47 too. Really there are a ton of options and draft combinations that sound great to me. Very, very few of which include Cam Robinson at 16. That's my worst-case scenario at this point.

So every year I usually try and hype up the top Michigan State prospect. This time around it's clearly Malik McDowell, and the Ravens have even brought him in for a visit. It's hard to feel good about making a great case though. Make no mistake about it his natural talent, frame, and athleticism are absolutely elite. Also has plus strength. But it's his head that should worry everybody. He didn't take to coaching well at Michigan State and his technique and fundamentals are a mess as the result of it. That didn't stop Malik from making plays on the field but also left you wanting so much more. Really makes you question just how much he really wants it, which is a pretty important facet when talking about this kind of investment.

If the Ravens, or any team, draft him they have to be supremely confident about breaking through his ego and being able to teach/develop him. I actually could see Baltimore being fairly high on McDowell because he fits the mold of an elite talent that might (and probably will) drop to them in the first round. And Cullen does seem competent. If Malik was properly developed and a willing learner he would be the clear #2 pick in this class behind Garret. Myles is even more of a freak at a more impactful position. But man I wouldn't feel great about Baltimore making that move. Doesn't address one of the big, obvious needs (offensive line, wide receiver, and edge rusher) although that doesn't exactly stop the front office from doing things.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 45 of 55

Jump to: