Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft 2017 talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are so many potential medical red flags this year it's hard to keep them all straight. Baltimore might be forced into taking someone who has had a history of injuries as the BPA if they can't trade down. Some are more worrisome than others though. I'm especially more concerned about past lower body injuries than upper body.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
but I would still prefer him to Mike Williams at this point. I'm just not really seeing it with him.

What are you 'not seeing'? I see a big WR, with amazing body control, great hands, solid route runner, who can go up and win 50/50 battles. I see a guy with enough speed to gain separation and one who knows how to use his body to box defenders out.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
DreamKid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
DreamKid wrote:
but I would still prefer him to Mike Williams at this point. I'm just not really seeing it with him.

What are you 'not seeing'? I see a big WR, with amazing body control, great hands, solid route runner, who can go up and win 50/50 battles. I see a guy with enough speed to gain separation and one who knows how to use his body to box defenders out.

It's not really what I don't see off of his present work it's what I don't anticipate seeing at the next level. Mike's a great college #1, but I just don't see any next level traits that will allow him to flourish as a #1 in the NFL. Low burst, cuts are slow, RAC and deep speed are average, ineffectual and soft for his size, some drops here and there.

Look I'm not saying he's an awful player, I just don't see him as a 1st round receiver. He does have good body control and can frame out guys, he's not bad at adjusting to the ball either, but you can't rely on just those traits at the next level the way you can in college. Gareon Conley and Marlon Humphrey both had no problems with him. Conley essentially shutting him down when ever covering him and working an interception off him embarrassingly. Marlon gave up a catch on a great adjustment to a lucky bounce so to speak from Mike, but also shut him down on I think a slant and injured him on a post or something.

He would be a fine weapon to have, he'd be great in the redzone, great for some back shoulder passes which Flacco excels at, but you don't need to spend a first round pick to acquire those traits in a weapon.

He just won't win consistently enough against NFL corners to merit being a #1 receiver. Looking at him as weapon or compendium of skills and appraising him I don't value him as a 1st round wide out, or consider that skill set as special or as hard to acquire as say a Ross or Davis.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

It's not really what I don't see off of his present work it's what I don't anticipate seeing at the next level. Mike's a great college #1, but I just don't see any next level traits that will allow him to flourish as a #1 in the NFL. Low burst, cuts are slow, RAC and deep speed are average, ineffectual and soft for his size, some drops here and there.

Look I'm not saying he's an awful player, I just don't see him as a 1st round receiver. He does have good body control and can frame out guys, he's not bad at adjusting to the ball either, but you can't rely on just those traits at the next level the way you can in college. Gareon Conley and Marlon Humphrey both had no problems with him. Conley essentially shutting him down when ever covering him and working an interception off him embarrassingly. Marlon gave up a catch on a great adjustment to a lucky bounce so to speak from Mike, but also shut him down on I think a slant and injured him on a post or something.

He would be a fine weapon to have, he'd be great in the redzone, great for some back shoulder passes which Flacco excels at, but you don't need to spend a first round pick to acquire those traits in a weapon.

He just won't win consistently enough against NFL corners to merit being a #1 receiver. Looking at him as weapon or compendium of skills and appraising him I don't value him as a 1st round wide out, or consider that skill set as special or as hard to acquire as say a Ross or Davis.

The Ravens Lack of pursuit on the some the FA WR's make me feel like they think they will be able to get one the 3 (Williams, Davis, Ross) at 16. Im going to think its the first 2 rather then the later, since we have speed. I woudlnt be surprised if we moved up a few spots to snag Williams or Davis either. I mean Ozzie did specifically say they need more weapons for flacco...
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Chad Hansen?

I think he could be a great value guy in the 3rd/4th. Good size, solid route running, fast enough. He seems just like a solid, reliable #2-3 type guy. Reminds me a lot of Terrance Williams.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Thoughts on Chad Hansen?

I think he could be a great value guy in the 3rd/4th. Good size, solid route running, fast enough. He seems just like a solid, reliable #2-3 type guy. Reminds me a lot of Terrance Williams.

I hope he is one of those guys who are so bland and unspectacular, that we could get him later. We would get an allround solid guy with low "bust" potential who could be a very reliable receiver who again will never put up spectacular numbers.

Depending on how the board develops, I would rather have us take a real look at Ryan Switzer who could be a great chain mover from the slot.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm high on Chad Hansen, he had early 2nd round hype but is looking more 3rd roundish at this point because many thought he would run sub 4.5. I would love it if we got him with the comp pick or luckily in the 4th. His game is a mixture of Crabtree, B. Marshall, and a little Andre Johnson though very raw.

I've said it before it would be great if we double dipped at WR and set our core up for the future and actually started farming talent at the position. Draft Corey Davis early, then Chad Hansen on day 2 or early 3.

There are play makers to be had in this draft and I wouldn't mind the FO getting creative to snatch them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hansen too. I've seen his stock all over the place but think he'd make a great 4th rounder.

I like Switzer, but he is basically a clone of Campanaro. May as well just hole Camp stays healthy rather than invest in Switzer.
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
I like Hansen too. I've seen his stock all over the place but think he'd make a great 4th rounder.

I like Switzer, but he is basically a clone of Campanaro. May as well just hole Camp stays healthy rather than invest in Switzer.

I wonder what makes you believe Camp will stay healthy Smile

We all like the guys potential but he is a major tease as he is promising whenever he sees the field, but thats a rare occasion.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

I wonder what makes you believe Camp will stay healthy Smile

We all like the guys potential but he is a major tease as he is promising whenever he sees the field, but thats a rare occasion.

Agreed. I like Switzer as a healthy, slightly better Campanaro.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens are reportedly going to bring in John Ross. Also, Raekwon McMillan, a very athletic ILB prospect from Ohio State, who will probably go in the range of our second round pick.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Ravens are reportedly going to bring in John Ross. Also, Raekwon McMillan, a very athletic ILB prospect from Ohio State, who will probably go in the range of our second round pick.

Makes sense to get a closer look at John Ross. His fragility as a player is something that should concern any team looking to draft him. But if he stays healthy, he looks like an Antonio Brown style playmaker.

I don't know much about McMillan, but an ILB with athleticism sounds like a good fit for the Ravens defense.

Walterfootball has this list of players who have met with, or who are due to visit the Ravens:

Quote:

Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin (SR)
Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt (COM)
Kevin Davis, OLB, Colorado State (EW)
Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (PRO)
Ashton Lampkin, CB, Oklahoma State (EW)
Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State (PRI)
Jordan Morgan, G, Kutztown (SR)
Ethan Pocic, G/C, LSU (SR)
Justin Senior, OT, Mississippi State (SR)
Jordan Sterns, S, Oklahoma State (SR)
Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (SR)
Eddie Vanderdoes, DT/3-4DE/NT, UCLA (SR)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#zbM9W0c7tYhcImBc.99

A few names we've talked about, and some that I know nothing about.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sidney Jones IV‏Verified account @SidneyJonesIV

Surgery was great ✊🏾
The doctor said that I will for sure be playing this upcoming season

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 29m29 minutes ago

Wash CB Sidney Jones, a consensus 1st-round pick, underwent surgery today on torn Achilles with Dr. Robert Anderson. Running in four months.

Doesn't sound like it was a full tear then. Similar to when Suggs halfway tore his around the draft a couple years ago and the played later that season.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Surgery was great ✊🏾

Quote:

Wash CB Sidney Jones, a consensus 1st-round pick, underwent surgery today on torn Achilles with Dr. Robert Anderson. Running in four months.

Doesn't sound like it was a full tear then. Similar to when Suggs halfway tore his around the draft a couple years ago and the played later that season.

Where do you take him now? 2nd round seems good for his chances.
Danand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Surgery was great ✊🏾

Quote:

Where do you take him now? 2nd round seems good for his chances.

It all depends on the medical journal to me. I guess no one doubts he was my guy in this draft, so I am willing to go a great length to get him, so the 2. round is fine by me.

The first 1-3 picks in this draft has to be impact players in 1-2 years, and despite Jones not playing in 2017 he would fit that description.

When I had my big injury, or whatever I should call it, I was told I was being lucky in the ligaments regard, as they where torn directly off of the attachment to the bone, which meant they didn't really have to heal, once they again was firmly attached to the bone. (pretty clear I am no doctor)

If Jones had same type of injury or a minor rupture instead of a tear, then it might not be as bad as initially thought and he shouldn't have those long term concerns as players like Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith had last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 30 of 55

Jump to: