Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft 2017 talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I still think there is nation-wide conspiracy keeping TJ Watt from being a consensus top 20 prospect. Even without the name, with the splash plays and league leading production in the big 10 and exceptional times and measurables at the combine should have him there. The Watt name tells me he's going to work out like a psycho and get better and better. He already showed that by adding good weight for the combine.

He's on my short list for 16.

TJ Watt would be interesting. The scouts seem to have a consensus view that he's a late bloomer, and is just going to keep getting better.

Assuming he's like his brother, he's going to be a leader and a solid character guy in the locker room. As an OLB, I could see him being groomed to replace Suggs as that all-round defender who can also rush the passer. But the knock against him is a lack of explosiveness.

There are a lot of players in this draft that I really like, but most of them fall in the #20-40 range. Makes it a little awkward for the Ravens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Assuming he's like his brother, he's going to be a leader and a solid character guy in the locker room. As an OLB, I could see him being groomed to replace Suggs as that all-round defender who can also rush the passer. But the knock against him is a lack of explosiveness.

He doesn't lack explosiveness. He posted very good 40 times, and jumps which are a good indication of explosiveness, and his 3 cone was excellent.

He tested like a slightly better Clay Matthews, who was very explosive edge early in his career.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017-scouting-combine-nfl/2017/3/6/14835066/nfl-combine-2017-t-j-watt-clay-matthews-had-eerily-similar-workout-results-comparison-physical

A team may have asked him about ILB just because teams throw all sorts of possibilities out there. He lined up at MLB some at Wisconsin a bit to give different blitz looks. He's definitely an OLB in a 3-4.
Danand

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
I still think there is nation-wide conspiracy keeping TJ Watt from being a consensus top 20 prospect. Even without the name, with the splash plays and league leading production in the big 10 and exceptional times and measurables at the combine should have him there. The Watt name tells me he's going to work out like a psycho and get better and better. He already showed that by adding good weight for the combine.

TJ Watt would be interesting. The scouts seem to have a consensus view that he's a late bloomer, and is just going to keep getting better.

There are a lot of players in this draft that I really like, but most of them fall in the #20-40 range. Makes it a little awkward for the Ravens.

This is often how I feel.

I believe it is somewhat psychological as we expect top 15 picks to be almost flawless, which are rarely the reality.

Watt to me is a wild card because he hasn't proved alot, but the upside is there and the question is if we are willing to take that risk.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

This is often how I feel.

I believe it is somewhat psychological as we expect top 15 picks to be almost flawless, which are rarely the reality.

Watt to me is a wild card because he hasn't proved alot, but the upside is there and the question is if we are willing to take that risk.

I guess that fits in with the parlance Bucky Brooks used the other day. Saying that as a front office, you want to make sure your first round picks are doubles (in the baseball sense), at least. If they're home runs, great. But doubles are fine.

I think TJ Watt would fit into that category. But so would a lot of the other guys I like. I'm just not sure the Ravens are going to be that phlegmatic about overlooking the perceived value of their pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Charles Robinson‏Verified account @CharlesRobinson 7m7 minutes ago

#Clemson WR Mike Williams legitimately ran pro day 40 in 4.56-4.59 range. Better than expected. Likely cements him as top WR on most boards.

The debates about Williams, Davis, and Ross from this point forward are going to be fun.
paraven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Charles Robinson‏Verified account @CharlesRobinson 7m7 minutes ago

#Clemson WR Mike Williams legitimately ran pro day 40 in 4.56-4.59 range. Better than expected. Likely cements him as top WR on most boards.

The debates about Williams, Davis, and Ross from this point forward are going to be fun.

Il be happy with any of them.
paraven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so after the signing of Carr..

My ideal/somewhat realistic 3 round mock.

1. M. William's
2. Zach Cunningham
3a. Tim Williams
3B. Sidney Jones
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go

1) Forest I Love Lamp
2) Budda Baker
3A) Pat Elflein
3B) Sidney Jones

6) William Likely

I feel like I always end up with wanting some fat guys on oline and more talent in the secondary. Must be a danish thing. Budda Baker and Sidney Jones could be steals, while Lamb is one of those unsexy picks who suddenly proves to be a good move, when Dixon runs for 800 yards and West runst for 700 and Flaccos YPA increases.

Pat Elflein could come in immediately and be that rugged OC who always gets the job done but receives little recognition.

I Like Likely
DreamKid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder which 1st round Bama player the FO feels would make us a stronger unit? Which addition or pairing would yield and field a stronger positional group?

-----------------------------
Marlon Humphrey- Inside or outside, safety or corner, immediate special team ace, adds huge speed to the defense.

Weddle - Jefferson

Smith - Young - Humphrey - Carr

That's a strong strong DB unit and a versatile one at that. Humphrey has the kind of speed and range that could allow for creative looks with Jefferson and Weddle. With how physical and good face forward Humphrey is, I wouldn't be shocked if they made him a full time cover 1 deep lying playmaker on the back end. When Weddle retires that is, allowing Jefferson to do his dirt all over the field.
---------------------------

Cam Robinson- Versatile OL piece, could play any position and would fill in at Left Tackle better than Oher did when needed. Bookends right away with Stanley for at least 4 years.

Stanley- Lewis/Robinson- Urschel? - Yanda - Lewis/Robinson

For me he would either play LG or RT depending on wherever they feel the most comfortable with Lewis. This would beef up our run game and if Urschel is indeed capable of playing center for the team at high level, it would give us 4 pieces on the OL 25 or under. Possibly forming a cohesive productive unit for years to come. He would offer more to the run game than Wagner did, and should develop to offer more than he did in the pass game.
------------------------

Reuben Foster- Intensity, speed, range, big hits, can play at multiple weights ala Ray, great blitzer, good enough bend to get edge looks

Weddle - Jefferson

Foster - Mosley

Williams

That's a strong down the middle defense that the FO loves and harps on. He would replace the tackle production of Orr right away and would be an upgrade in coverage while providing more impact plays. If he hit Brown that nebbish arm isn't getting stuck out into the endzone. He was respected by all the Bama players and lauded as being another level player. His mentality should push other players and establish once again a tone present in some of the past Raven's defenses. Two Butkus award winners in the heart of the defense would be a special thing. He legit KO'd Watson in their game, credit to Watson for continuing and shame on the medical staff for letting him, but Foster is a bonafide tone setter. If we signed Webb back or drafter a decent FS we could get some good 43 looks in as well. Foster would give us another piece to cover TEs along with Tony Jefferson too.

----------------------------------

I didn't bother with Allen or Howard, because them joining the team while not impossible, isn't very likely. I've seen plenty of mocks with Robinson and Humphrey in the 2nd but they're 1st round all day in realty for me, while Tim Williams all day isn't. Tim's age, baggage, workout numbers and other concerns should at the very least drop him to round 2.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the 3, and despite his outburst at the combine, Reuben Foster would be my clear pick. Lower bust chance and higher upside than Humphrey and Robinson. Both of those I don't even have in the 1. round on my personal board.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
Out of the 3, and despite his outburst at the combine, Reuben Foster would be my clear pick. Lower bust chance and higher upside than Humphrey and Robinson. Both of those I don't even have in the 1. round on my personal board.

Probably the most common and consistent take. I'm higher on Humphrey than most, I feel he has All-Pro potential at CB or S. A bit lower on Foster as well, I was speaking about the more ideal version and consistent opinion on him. To me he's a poor man's Shazier who played behind an Alabama front and in an Alabama defense. If the Raven's pick him I'll hope he is what the consensus says, but I don't feel he's Kuechly, Wagner, or even Willis at the next level. We missed out on the next great at ILB when Jaylon Smith got injured. He doesn't get injured and we nab him at 6 or someone in the top 5 does causing Jalen or Bosa to drop to us.

What does your personal safety board look like?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
Danand wrote:

Probably the most common and consistent take. I'm higher on Humphrey than most, I feel he has All-Pro potential at CB or S. A bit lower on Foster as well, I was speaking about the more ideal version and consistent opinion on him. To me he's a poor man's Shazier who played behind an Alabama front and in an Alabama defense. If the Raven's pick him I'll hope he is what the consensus says, but I don't feel he's Kuechly, Wagner, or even Willis at the next level. We missed out on the next great at ILB when Jaylon Smith got injured. He doesn't get injured and we nab him at 6 or someone in the top 5 does causing Jalen or Bosa to drop to us.

What does your personal safety board look like?

My boards are made towards what I believe are our needs more than where I think they rank in term of overall ability but the top 5 on top of my heard (my board is at home)

1) Malik Hooker elite skillset as a single high safety, they don't come often
2) Jamal Adams (we can still use him despite being more of a strong safety
3) Budda Baker is one I am higher on than most, but I believe his skillset and feistyness would make him an impact player early
4) Marcus Williams somewhat underrated imo in a very good safety class. Again a player who excels as a single high safety
5) Desmond King although I think he will be leapfrogged once I find a guy who I think is better suited

I found Kevin Byard last year pretty late in the season, and I hope I find someone like him somewhere in the proces up to the draft.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:

I found Kevin Byard last year pretty late in the season, and I hope I find someone like him somewhere in the proces up to the draft.

You should check out David Jones from Richmond, huge sleeper imo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
Danand wrote:

You should check out David Jones from Richmond, huge sleeper imo.

I will take a look at him.

More often than not, I believe the cerebral players who might not be as big and athletic as others, tend to play well at the safety position because making the right decision and taking the right angles and making the safe/securing tackle are very important.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of cerebral players, Takk McKinley is rumored to have gotten a 3 on the Wonderlic. That(if true) coupled with his struggling to understand combine drills, should gift him a fairly large drop on draft day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 28 of 32

Jump to: