Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Davis' Playing Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own him in a dynasty league, so I want to see him breakout.

I think Shanahan will help him out, and maybe he continues to get some burn as KR. He'll probably have to lose a little weight, but we'll see. He has quick feet and power.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

I think Shanahan will help him out, and maybe he continues to get some burn as KR. He'll probably have to lose a little weight, but we'll see. He has quick feet and power.

I don't know Shanahan enough to know if he's the type of guy to help carry Davis's bags to the Uber taking him out of town, but that's just about the only help I can imagine him being able to provide.

He's just not a very good player, and I have to imagine that position group will be revamped for 2017 with a low-tier free agent and mid-to-late round draft pick.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
the lone star wrote:

I don't know Shanahan enough to know if he's the type of guy to help carry Davis's bags to the Uber taking him out of town, but that's just about the only help I can imagine him being able to provide.

He's just not a very good player, and I have to imagine that position group will be revamped for 2017 with a low-tier free agent and mid-to-late round draft pick.

Yeah, out of the four main running backs we had, Davis was by far the worst. Hyde is a stud when healthy. Harris was far superior with the ball in his hands actually running the football, and both have fumbling issues. Droughns isn't a great runner, but he's a pretty good receiver out of the backfield.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Our RB corps is one of the worst in the league. Other than Hyde the rest are just marginal NFL players not close to solid contributors. And even Hyde still has to have a huge question mark because of his repeated injuries. I agree completely that a FA and a rookie RB are likely to be additions to our roster.

I'd also repeat what I've said in other posts. There's no position we can't afford to upgrade. If Shanny and Lynch want to add a RB higher up in the draft, then fine. I think we have bigger needs, but if they see it otherwise I'd be fine with it. This is one year I'll have no issues with the positions we pick, even if I might have a problem with the specific guy we pick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line was also pretty bad too. I think it ranked bottom 5 per PFF.

Improve that, and the ground game will definitely improve as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

Gimme a C, a G or even an OT and I'll take that too. Like I said we can use anything.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
the lone star wrote:

As a Cowboys fan, I'd like the team to take a flyer on him. He probably needs to lose 5-10 pounds though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Gimme a C, a G or even an OT and I'll take that too. Like I said we can use anything.

Wholesale changes gonna happen in SF. Will be hard to predict the 53 man roster because of that. We'll see how everything falls into place.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure?
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
are you sure?

Laughing

You guys gonna cut Torrey? What about Kaep?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
adamq wrote:
are you sure?

Laughing

I'd say it's highly unlikely that we cut Torrey. There's an outside chance that we trade him if we got the right offer, but I find that will probably be unlikely to happen as well. We are already going to be overhauling the receiving corps, I would imagine, and though Torrey has been horribly miscast with this team since the beginning, he's a solid receiver when he's given something to work with and there's no reason to take him off the team at this point in time and just make another hole that needs to be filled. Most of us already assume that we are adding 2, maybe even 3 new receivers this off season. No reason to make another spot open.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
the lone star wrote:
adamq wrote:
are you sure?

Laughing

I'd say it's highly unlikely that we cut Torrey. There's an outside chance that we trade him if we got the right offer, but I find that will probably be unlikely to happen as well. We are already going to be overhauling the receiving corps, I would imagine, and though Torrey has been horribly miscast with this team since the beginning, he's a solid receiver when he's given something to work with and there's no reason to take him off the team at this point in time and just make another hole that needs to be filled. Most of us already assume that we are adding 2, maybe even 3 new receivers this off season. No reason to make another spot open.

Man, I really hope he gets cut. Like you said, he's been miscast, and since I have him in a dynasty league, I'd love to see him go to a team with a QB that can actually throw it deep. Playing with Jameis would be incredible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read an article that said he dropped fat and added muscle last offseason. Sounds good on the surface, but his total weight is what he should be concerned about. 208-10 is a nice range for his frame. Heck, 212 would be solid. 217+ is too chunky for him IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
read an article that said he dropped fat and added muscle last offseason. Sounds good on the surface, but his total weight is what he should be concerned about. 208-10 is a nice range for his frame. Heck, 212 would be solid. 217+ is too chunky for him IMO.

He did look much better last offseason/training camp. Quicker and a little bit more explosive. But still, once he gets on the field in regular season, he never amounts to anything. I don't know, maybe the NFL is just too fast for him. He can find some success in TC against third stringers and UDFAs, but once the real rosters hit the field, he can't compete. Maybe it was the scheme. Maybe it was luck. It just doesn't look very good for him right now.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
the lone star wrote:

He did look much better last offseason/training camp. Quicker and a little bit more explosive. But still, once he gets on the field in regular season, he never amounts to anything. I don't know, maybe the NFL is just too fast for him. He can find some success in TC against third stringers and UDFAs, but once the real rosters hit the field, he can't compete. Maybe it was the scheme. Maybe it was luck. It just doesn't look very good for him right now.

He may be the kind of guy that needs at least a solid OL to have any success. Our run blocking is so damn bad, really only Hyde was able to do things behind that line. And he's a much better talent than the rest.

El ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: