Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers 2017 draft thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should we draft
Myles Garrett
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Jalen Tabor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Marlon Humphrey
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Marshawn Lattimore
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Jamaal Adams
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Deshaun Watson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cam Robinson
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Other
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highboltage55 wrote:
Thoughts on Tim Williams OLB/EDGE out of Alabama?

Well versed in the 3-4 as an EDGE, had good production at Bama for being a "rotational" player, is "twitchy" with an explosive first step-but questions remain about his ability to be a three down player (play the run / set the edge).

Honestly I'm kind of disinterested with a lot of the twitchy, small pass rushers for this team. We have those kinds of guys in Attaochu/Ingram. Where we're really lacking IMO is a guy who is a big explosive power type. A guy who can burn you with burst, and then turn that into Power to get through you.

Honestly my favorite pass rusher in that 2nd tier of guys after Allen and obviously Garrett (really 3rd tier because Garrett is in a class of his own) is Carl Lawson, who's been much less hyped up than Williams/Barnett. I just see it more with him. He's the perfect balance of both, better athlete than Barnett, and stronger than Williams, and plays as hard as Williams as well, which isn't an easy thing to do. But more than anything, he just has it. He knows how to use his hands to keep himself free, he has a ton of different moves he uses, and he's shown flashes of converting speed to power when he gets an OT off balance. He's a "complete package" type guy IMO. He should blow up the combine, so I wouldn't mind grabbing him if he's there in the late 1 early 2 area of the draft.

There are some other guys who interest me like Jordan Willis from KSU, and McKinnley from UCLA. Also I really like Ejuan Price, especially for someone who is getting next to no hype. He's more of a situational, Doom type pass rusher, but I can see him succeeding in the NFL in that role.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think signing Eric Berry away from the chiefs would be a good idea.
Highboltage55

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
Anyone think signing Eric Berry away from the chiefs would be a good idea.

I am all for signing Berry, I just don't think he gets away from KC. He likely will command 8-10 Million per year (Earl Thomas and Jarius Byrd are up there salary wise), but he is a stud.

TJ McDonald and Tony Jefferson are two other Safeties we should look at in FA.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still really would like Peppers, but if we don't get a shot at him, I'm interested in Malik McDowell.

LBC, you keep talking about toying with the idea of Jon Allen as that "jumbo" edge, I keep thinking that Bosa there full time would be awesome. I think a front "5" made up of Bosa (rush backer/Leo), Liuget (3T), Mebane (1T), McDowell (true 4/5 Tech DE) and Ingram would be monsterous, and the pass rush set with them would be outright unfair. It'd also give us another guy to move around (whatever DC we get in the offseason if we decide to move on from Pags better be creative). He gives us that twitched up, speed to power guy we've been lacking for a while IMO. It solves a problem at that Leo spot since Emanuel has the serious downfall that he can't rush the passer at all (and looked damn good at ILB.

Its pretty much shown that you can get starting quality S's in the mid-late rounds, and IMO thats really all we need, not necessarily an impact player there (though one would be nice). At this point, while I agree Telesco has gone with a clear trend through his drafts, especially of targeting biggest need, I don't really see one particular biggest need this year position wise. It's mostly been failures in other areas (stamina, mental errors, stuff like that). I could see Telesco finally getting a chance at a BPA at position of need draft pick in the first round here.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
I still really would like Peppers, but if we don't get a shot at him, I'm interested in Malik McDowell.

LBC, you keep talking about toying with the idea of Jon Allen as that "jumbo" edge, I keep thinking that Bosa there full time would be awesome. I think a front "5" made up of Bosa (rush backer/Leo), Liuget (3T), Mebane (1T), McDowell (true 4/5 Tech DE) and Ingram would be monsterous, and the pass rush set with them would be outright unfair. It'd also give us another guy to move around (whatever DC we get in the offseason if we decide to move on from Pags better be creative). He gives us that twitched up, speed to power guy we've been lacking for a while IMO. It solves a problem at that Leo spot since Emanuel has the serious downfall that he can't rush the passer at all (and looked damn good at ILB.

Its pretty much shown that you can get starting quality S's in the mid-late rounds, and IMO thats really all we need, not necessarily an impact player there (though one would be nice). At this point, while I agree Telesco has gone with a clear trend through his drafts, especially of targeting biggest need, I don't really see one particular biggest need this year position wise. It's mostly been failures in other areas (stamina, mental errors, stuff like that). I could see Telesco finally getting a chance at a BPA at position of need draft pick in the first round here.

Another safety name I'd throw out there (just from the standpoint of getting someone with a ton of upside at the position and agreeing to "develop" him rather than constantly settling for floor and then ending up with mediocrity when they cap out on their instincts only) is the safety out of UConn (I'll have to google his name because it's another in a long line of hard to pronounce/spell ones). He'll be a late riser not dissimilar to how Byron Jones was, though I don't know that he makes it quite so high (Day 2 probably, not Day 1).

Edit: Obi Melinfonwu (though I will say that I expect our FO to probably be high on Xavier Woods out of Louisiana Tech)

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think of Hooker so far?
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a Chargers fan to join our Total Control GM mock. Control free agency, trades and the draft of your Chargers! Sign up in GM Mock Forum

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooker has officially declared. Come on draft day.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
Need a Chargers fan to join our Total Control GM mock. Control free agency, trades and the draft of your Chargers! Sign up in GM Mock Forum

Sign Me Up. I'll do it
kyle21121

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Hooker. I think he is a dynamic playmaker. I love certain things Peppers does but I don't really know how he'd fit and am not too familiar with Adams.

Any insight on a Hooker v. Peppers v. Adams?
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
I love Hooker. I think he is a dynamic playmaker. I love certain things Peppers does but I don't really know how he'd fit and am not too familiar with Adams.

Peppers is an Outside Linebacker, Not a safety. Hooker and Adams are the guys we should be looking at for safety. Adams is that Thumper type and Hooker is the ballhawk type
kyle21121

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:

Peppers is an Outside Linebacker, Not a safety. Hooker and Adams are the guys we should be looking at for safety. Adams is that Thumper type and Hooker is the ballhawk type

I imagined Peppers in like a Bucannon type role or something. Safety should probably be the pick in the first round imo but I figured just having someone that talented would be tempting and you can move him around. I may be out of my element as I haven't watched a ton of college football this year.

I still prefer to take Hooker as I think he could be that dynamic play maker that I've seen at OSU. I'm assuming you are all for him as the pick haha.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:

I imagined Peppers in like a Bucannon type role or something. Safety should probably be the pick in the first round imo but I figured just having someone that talented would be tempting and you can move him around. I may be out of my element as I haven't watched a ton of college football this year.

I still prefer to take Hooker as I think he could be that dynamic play maker that I've seen at OSU. I'm assuming you are all for him as the pick haha.

I want Cam Robinson, but he doesn't pass jacksonville
kyle21121

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:

Cam Robinson makes sense as well. OT needs to be addressed I don't for see it being addressed in round one mainly because I didn't think there were an OTs that were that highly regarded this year. You think he's a top 5 lock because of position or because he's a building block LT?
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:

Cam Robinson makes sense as well. OT needs to be addressed I don't for see it being addressed in round one mainly because I didn't think there were an OTs that were that highly regarded this year. You think he's a top 5 lock because of position or because he's a building block LT?

Robinson is a top 5 pick because jacksonvilles offensive line is an atrocity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: