Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marc Trestman Fired; Marty Mornhinweg Promoted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody really sticks out to me as someone who has done an excellent job.

Everyone involved in the OL can go as far as I'm concerned.

I agree that Hammock, Engram and Angulo have done an ok job but nothing to write home about necessarily.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank the lord!

I never thought I'd be in a position where I wanted a coordinator gone more than Dean Pees, but Trestman's utterly inept displays over the last couple of weeks just could not be glossed over.

The most talented overall offensive group of players the Ravens have had, and he managed to coax ten whole points out of them yesterday. Nowhere near good enough.

Harbs having the stones to make a move this early is refreshing (if it was him and not Steve), and what would be even more refreshing would be if this finally signalled the end of the Ravens settling for mediocre coaches who bring nothing to the table. Unless Mornhinweg does a spectacular job for the rest of the season, go out and get the most innovative, smart, astute offensive mind you can find, in the summer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy with the decision to fire Trestman, but I little concerned with the decision to promote Mornhinweg.

These are the offensive rankings of all the teams he's coordinated:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/MornMa0.htm

When it was no longer Andy Reid handling the bulk of the play-calling duties in Philadelphia, those offenses were pretty garbage.

I get the idea behind the move; hoping for something different, if not necessarily significantly better schematically. So in that regard I'm a bit optimistic, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary from a guy like Marty.

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Happy with the decision to fire Trestman, but I little concerned with the decision to promote Mornhinweg.

When it was no longer Andy Reid handling the bulk of the play-calling duties in Philadelphia, those offenses were pretty garbage.

I get the idea behind the move; hoping for something different, if not necessarily significantly better schematically. So in that regard I'm a bit optimistic, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary from a guy like Marty.

Yeah, hard to give anybody else much credit for calling plays in Philly when Reid was in town. A change was needed and Marty was the only real option the Ravens could go to if a move like this was made but I'm certainly not holding my breathe for a significant improvement.

In addition to the Dev tweet I posted earlier more useful runs would be nice. Get rid of those stretch runs to the outside that defenses stop at or behind the LOS every time they're called. If Harbaugh has any sway whatsoever on gameplans (not that we have much evidence of that) I think the running game should be more prominent... but the line has to keep it up too. Urschel and Lewis were a good blocking tandem yesterday. I don't think much should change with Stanley instead of Lewis. Keep Urschel at left guard like he should have been from the start.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

Yeah, hard to give anybody else much credit for calling plays in Philly when Reid was in town. A change was needed and Marty was the only real option the Ravens could go to if a move like this was made but I'm certainly not holding my breathe for a significant improvement.

In addition to the Dev tweet I posted earlier more useful runs would be nice. Get rid of those stretch runs to the outside that defenses stop at or behind the LOS every time they're called. If Harbaugh has any sway whatsoever on gameplans (not that we have much evidence of that) I think the running game should be more prominent... but the line has to keep it up too. Urschel and Lewis were a good blocking tandem yesterday. I don't think much should change with Stanley instead of Lewis. Keep Urschel at left guard like he should have been from the start.

I'd like to see the Urschel/Lewis combo stay but shift over a spot with Urschel at C. I'd prefer him at guard, but I prefer having Lewis in there as well. A line of Stanley/Lewis/Urschel/Yanda/Wagner could help our run game a lot IMO.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I'd like to see the Urschel/Lewis combo stay but shift over a spot with Urschel at C. I'd prefer him at guard, but I prefer having Lewis in there as well. A line of Stanley/Lewis/Urschel/Yanda/Wagner could help our run game a lot IMO.

I never really liked Urschel at guard that much, and he wasn't great there yesterday. The lineup with him at center is the one I want to see.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-marty-1014-20161013-story.html

Quote:
Mornhinweg, who officially took over the Ravens offense on Monday, has actually done this before. He began his first NFL offensive coordinator job with the San Francisco 49ers in 1997, replacing his fired predecessor Marc Trestman.

Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: