You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the League Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
One thing you guys need to remember when comparing the Winston vs Mariota thing is:

1)Mariota has a running game going for him with 1 very good back and a rookie who is good too, which makes it easier on him

2)Mariota has more weapons. Yes we have Evans who is an elite WR but he is just 1. When comparing overall weapons, TE's, WRs, RB's, Mariota has more at his disposal
Agreed with number 1.

2 is debatable though but I will say their OL has been much better than ours this year.

I honestly don't think anyone is going to be happy with our supporting cast and will just continue to make excuses for Winstons poor play. Ever watch balls continuously sail over open receivers heads or open receivers running free and Winston forcing balls to Evans ?

I'm not saying we can't improve the running back or add another receiver but we're not horrible in that department of OL play and receiver play.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
One thing you guys need to remember when comparing the Winston vs Mariota thing is:

1)Mariota has a running game going for him with 1 very good back and a rookie who is good too, which makes it easier on him

2)Mariota has more weapons. Yes we have Evans who is an elite WR but he is just 1. When comparing overall weapons, TE's, WRs, RB's, Mariota has more at his disposal
Agreed with number 1.

2 is debatable though but I will say their OL has been much better than ours this year.

I honestly don't think anyone is going to be happy with our supporting cast and will just continue to make excuses for Winstons poor play. Ever watch balls continuously sail over open receivers heads or open receivers running free and Winston forcing balls to Evans ?

I'm not saying we can't improve the running back or add another receiver but we're not horrible in that department of OL play and receiver play.

Our supporting cast is garbage outside of Evans. V Jack does not get open anymore like he use to and telegraphs his routes. We have two UDFA's as our #3 and starting TE who don't win 1v1 consistently. Bucs can do much better in terms of talent. Our best OL Dotson has been penalty prone all year. Bucs need Cecil Shorts and Martin back in the worse way. No running game to speak of plus limited receiving options of course your 2-year QB is going to want to feed his best player.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think Dotson has been our best OL you need to stop reading PFF.

Pamphile, Marpet and smith have been outstanding. Dotson should be replaced. Against Aaron Donald, pamphile and Marpet held him in check and was quiet.

Humphries and Brate get open. I've seen it. We are not garbage. Jackson has lost a Step but you're telling me the over throws are jacksons fault?

We could use a center and RT. Maybe when Sweezy comes back we kick pamphile out to RT. OL has played quite well.

Humphries and Brate have gotten open. Evans seems to have played well despite who covers him.

Since week one it seems Winston has locked in on Evans rather than dialing back to last year when he was going through reads and spreading the rock around.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dotson was our best player on the line coming into the season. Let me rephrase that. With that said he has been amongst the leaders in committing penalties this year. Through 6 weeks, Marpet has proved to be the best overall player on that line.

Hump and Brate get open in zone coverage. They aren't consistently winning in man coverage to be relied upon. V-Jack has also ran the wrong route, didn't comeback for the ball on a comeback, and honestly looks disinterested out there. Would you want to throw the ball to a player who looks like he is just cashing in? Its clear as day that this will be his last year in the league. He doesn't run as hard as he once use to in his routes. Evans, Humphries, and Brate at least are giving their 100% every play.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2016/10/drop-no-8-awarded/#more-166814

Bucs need to upgrade the C and RT position but it could be a lot worse. The main focus needs to be the defense in the next draft.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC is doing us a solid so far. I hope San Diego can do the same.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue Jackson is a goddamn magician.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Diego is trying their damnedest.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans win the division with guys like hoyer and weeden playing qb. Osweiller gets 18 mil per and cannot match that level of play. Yikes.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The Texans win the division with guys like hoyer and weeden playing qb. Osweiller gets 18 mil per and cannot match that level of play. Yikes.

Losing Watt certainly doesn't help.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torrey Smith trade rumors... thoughts?

We are in the market for a WR. Only 27 years old. Adds something we lack in speed. Three years left on deal after this season at $8,000,000 per.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

We are in the market for a WR. Only 27 years old. Adds something we lack in speed. Three years left on deal after this season at $8,000,000 per.

We need all the picks we can get

I'd only be comfortable giving up a 4th round for him and I know 49ers asking for a 2nd but will probably settle for a 3rd
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I'd only be comfortable giving up a 4th round for him and I know 49ers asking for a 2nd but will probably settle for a 3rd

Ya not touching a second that's for sure. I would think one of our first few picks will be a WR anyway. It will never happen but a 3rd round for a guy in his prime with a decent contract filling a hole. Use the 1st and 2nd on def and the $75,000,000 in cap to fill a few other holes.

bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Nah.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Ya not touching a second that's for sure. I would think one of our first few picks will be a WR anyway. It will never happen but a 3rd round for a guy in his prime with a decent contract filling a hole. Use the 1st and 2nd on def and the $75,000,000 in cap to fill a few other holes.
I would not mind using a 4th but its probably just a better idea to sit this one out. By the time he is caught up to speed on the playbook the season will be about 4-5 games left.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8314/sheldon-richardson

Quote:
Profootballtalk reports the Jets are "actively shopping" Sheldon Richardson ahead of Tuesday afternoon's trade deadline.

Do we walk away twice?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: