Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wk 5 GDT: Redskins (2-2) @ Ravens (3-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wathing the red zone on game pass and seeing so many receivers pulling in deep bomps from QB's or catching the ball in tight traffic or with cornerbacks draped all over them.

Just saying.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
Wathing the red zone on game pass and seeing so many receivers pulling in deep bomps from QB's or catching the ball in tight traffic or with cornerbacks draped all over them.

Just saying.

For what it's worth Flacco's passes play a part in that. He's been off a lot so far this season. Understandable with how bad the line is, but still off. He throws a lot of balls that are VERY easy for the defender to get to. Especially his deep lobs. He's always thrown a deep ball that allows receivers to go up and fight for it, but the same goes for defenders. They're just getting to them more than the receivers are so far this season. Boldin and his supernatural ability to get to the ball wouldn't be faring much better.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ravens QB Joe Flacco said "it's embarrassing" to be the quarterback of this struggling offense, especially compared to how the Baltimore defense has played

Jamison Hensley, ESPN Staff Writer

More of this please. Get people fired.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Danand wrote:

Just saying.

For what it's worth Flacco's passes play a part in that. He's been off a lot so far this season. Understandable with how bad the line is, but still off. He throws a lot of balls that are VERY easy for the defender to get to. Especially his deep lobs. He's always thrown a deep ball that allows receivers to go up and fight for it, but the same goes for defenders. They're just getting to them more than the receivers are so far this season. Boldin and his supernatural ability to get to the ball wouldn't be faring much better.

Flacco plays a part, and he has been a off target more than usual, but the help he get atm. is minimal. Wallace took a lick but he had the chance to get catch the ball, it was in his hands, and he failed. As I said, immediately after the game, I saw several players on redzone making those kind of catches.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ravens coach John Harabugh said he's not second guessing fake field goal. "We're going to be aggressive," Harbaugh said. "I'm not apologizing for it."

Jamison Hensley, ESPN Staff Writer

Aggressively failing. Just the way John likes it.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 18m18 minutes ago
Flacco seems to be at a complete loss to explain offenses weekly struggles.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 17m17 minutes ago
Asked about whether changes need to be made, Flacco said, "I'm not getting into all that."

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 16m16 minutes ago
Flacco: "right now we're playing to win on last drive or have defense hold them on last drive. It's not a good formula."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

Hopefully Bisciotti gets involved soon. That's the only time Harbaugh makes changes.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Redskins fan, I have to say both our coaching staffs failed us today. You guys not kicking that FG and us not also kicking it and going for 4-1. The wind was terrible today so both offenses struggled to throw deep but I don't get why you guys didn't run the ball on almost every down, we wouldn't have been able to stop you.
paraven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire trestman and promote morhninweg
Rein

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the cowboys game makes you wonder what Flacco would look like with an o-line like that. Their running game is dictating the pace of the game and Prescott has all the time in the world when passing - thus forcing the defense to defend the deep and intermediate routes as well.

And also - how can we for the first time this year run the ball so well and still not dictate the pace of the game. Trestman is too pass happy and it doesn't seem like his offense can put the game away.

I really hate our re-active defense but they are somehow our best unit - that says a lot!

Trestman should be the first one to be fired!
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:

That might be the best option. It's too late to go out and get someone out of the organization. Anyone know what kind of offense he runs?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
paraven wrote:

That might be the best option. It's too late to go out and get someone out of the organization. Anyone know what kind of offense he runs?

Not sure but he had success with McNabb in Philly who has similar arm strength to Flacco
paraven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And and I'm not making gdts anymore, it apparently is bad luck
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My disaster rating on this team is still only a 4.5. It's pretty clear to everyone why we lost this game and I don't think sweeping changes are needed to not do those things. Only thing is that guys like Stanley and SSSR are critical and need to get/stay healthy.

3 wins out the gate aside, this was never going to be a team that peaked early; we needed time on offense. I think we've found a RB, we have some interesting receiving options, and Flacco is legitimately healthy. Hopefully, as the season goes on, they let him rollout more, which is what I think this offense is REALLY missing (along with protection). The defense is pretty much playing as well as we could have hoped, even if it's not perfect.

If we lose 3 straight it might jump to a 7. But as long as we get to they bye above .500 (so split the NY series at least), I'm not jumping ship on this being a successful playoff season, despite the schedule toughening up. Those will all be one score games regardless Laughing
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small bright side, the Bengals are losing.

I don't think it's too soon to start rooting against the AFC wild card contenders. I don't have much hope of topping Pittsburgh.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Small bright side, the Bengals are losing.

I don't think it's too soon to start rooting against the AFC wild card contenders. I don't have much hope of topping Pittsburgh.

So are the Raiders, Broncos, and Bills. It would've been great to get a win today to get a step in the AFC...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mornhinweg is awful and part of the current problem, not a potential solution. He would just be running Trestman's offensive scheme anyways. Those don't change when a coordinator is fired during a season. Just the play calling. Which is lacking pretty severely, but Marty isn't the answer to anything.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 53m53 minutes ago
Ravens ran the ball 11 times for 74 yards in first quarter. Yet had only 8 more running plays rest of game and one was Flacco scramble.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 48m48 minutes ago
So after dominating the first quarter with their run game, the Ravens passed the ball on 11 of their 13 offensive plays in 2nd quarter.

Such buffoonery. Harbaugh likes to preach that the Ravens are a run-first team, but all signs consistently point to the contrary. Even when the running game is actually working. They will try to pound the ball when they're getting one yard at a time, but when the good chunks start coming... PASS PASS PASS!

Yeah, I'm upset. Losses usually don't do this to me but when is because of such stupidity like we've seen the last couple of weeks I can't stand it. Actually it's been all season, but Baltimore was lucky enough to overcome it the first three weeks. Yet nothing changes.

wackywabbit wrote:
The defense is pretty much playing as well as we could have hoped, even if it's not perfect.

That's not a bad way to put it. I'm not happy with the defense at all, but on a strict points basis they're doing well enough for the most part. Especially being backed into a corner constantly by the awful offensive sequences.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: