You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
In next year's draft, I think the Broncos need a marquee LT, ala, Ryan Clady who can start from day 1 and excel.

I'd love to see it but I'm not sure there is one this year. We need to hear from our college experts on that.

Opinions anyone?

That would be cool if they chime in. I don't watch a lot of college football as my head is usually buried between something on Saturdays.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Zach Cunningham, LB from Vandy being mocked to us a lot and I'd be ecstatic if that happened. He would be an animal in our defense.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seeing Zach Cunningham, LB from Vandy being mocked to us a lot and I'd be ecstatic if that happened. He would be an animal in our defense.

IDK if Cunningham has the athletic traits necessary to get attention from Elway R1. In the past the two ILB's that he has been connected to were Shazier and Mosley. Those guys were legit freak athletes for ILB's. IMO Cunningham is closer to a Stephone Anthony. Still a great athlete, but not quite the specimen.

Also have to take into account that we don't play our second ILB that often. We need to upgrade on Todd Davis, but IDK if a R1 pick is warranted. BPA is BPA though.

Quote:
In next year's draft, I think the Broncos need a marquee LT, ala, Ryan Clady who can start from day 1 and excel.

I really don't see a guy that fits this mold. Elway gamble with Clady and his contract and he lost. Okung is playing levels below Clady over in NY.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new name that I'm starting to see mentioned in mocks for a late-first-round pick is Ryan Ramczyk, an OT for Wisconsin Badgers. Ramczyk has good size (6'6", 308lb) and could play on a ZBS line. He is a fast draft riser but he doesn't have a lot of analysis.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
A new name that I'm starting to see mentioned in mocks for a late-first-round pick is Ryan Ramczyk, an OT for Wisconsin Badgers. Ramczyk has good size (6'6", 308lb) and could play on a ZBS line. He is a fast draft riser but he doesn't have a lot of analysis.

Great school for O Linemen. He'll at least be well coached in fundamentals. He's plenty big enough if he knows how to play and has the requisite skill set.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I think some of the girls I have dated in the past could have been offensive linemen for the Wisconsin Badgers: 6'6" 308 lbs; sounds about right.
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

Great school for O Linemen. He'll at least be well coached in fundamentals. He's plenty big enough if he knows how to play and has the requisite skill set.

Seriously, consider me down for a Wisconsin OL in the first round. If that's where they grade out, they're a good bet to succeed.

Even the "flawed" Rob Havenstein who draft analysts claimed to be a force in the run game but having the heaviest feet that he'd be a complete liability and borderline unplayable in pass pro has been pretty good early in his NFL career.

This OL is really really bad in pass pro. They're developing decently in the run game, but we'll never have a healthy QB with Stephenson on the right, and I don't think Elway is going to pick up Okung at $10m... so we need 2 offensive tackles.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

Seriously, consider me down for a Wisconsin OL in the first round. If that's where they grade out, they're a good bet to succeed.

Even the "flawed" Rob Havenstein who draft analysts claimed to be a force in the run game but having the heaviest feet that he'd be a complete liability and borderline unplayable in pass pro has been pretty good early in his NFL career.

This OL is really really bad in pass pro. They're developing decently in the run game, but we'll never have a healthy QB with Stephenson on the right, and I don't think Elway is going to pick up Okung at $10m... so we need 2 offensive tackles.

it's worse than that. If Denver picks up his option they're on the hook for two years and $20 million in guarantees. Okung hasn't shown to be worth that kind of money.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am all in on Ramczyk and have him as our R1 in my most recent mock. Checks all the boxes with his one red-flag being that he has only played for a single season. He isn't an elite LT prospect athletically but he has enough and plays with a ton of functional strength. Hopefully he could be a day-1 starter at RT and move to LT eventually.

My dream is that we sign Whitworth for 1-2 seasons and draft Ramczyk R1.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the Broncos just draft Ramczyk and Moton and state that they will groom these two to be the cornerstones of the tackle positions for the foreseeable future?
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to get Steven Taylor from Houston at LB in the third if he is there (will likely end up an early second or late first however and we have a bigger need on the oline). Kid is an animal all over the field. Is quite the pass rusher 10 sacks in back to back years and can cover. He is just very undersized and needs to add som strength but could give us what we need in place of Todd Davis. Where I get my stats from has not updated his last game against Louisville yet where he was a huge factor in containing Lamar Jackson. Had 12 tackles 1.5 sacks in that game. Career totals not including that game.

321 tackles 49 TFL 26.5 sacks 4 INT 12 PD 7FF 1 TD

Check him out!

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
KingBishop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the defensive players we need for the most part other than a NT, DE, MLB.

We should resign our guys and invest our draft capital into the oline. Then once we hit on those guys we can start replacing some of the older defenders with draft picks. But I would be fine with our first four picks. 1st,2nd,3rd, Comp 3rd all going towards the oline until we hit on some guys.

Replace Okung Garcia and Stephenson. Paradis and Schofield can remain.

Give me three tackles and a guard. A guard to push Garcia since McGovern can't do it.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Ramcyzk the entire Wisconsin/PSU game. Obviously one game does not make or break a prospect, but I was significantly underwhelmed. They ran away from him for the most part, a couple nice blocks, but he struggled mightily with PSU's speedy front 4- not a good sign for what he'll face in the AFCW.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still on the Christian McCaffrey bandwagon, there's not a dynamic playmaker in our backfield.

While I don't think any back can have great success behind our crap offensive line, we don't even have a running back who can make plays in the check down game the way C-Mac would. He's the type of safety valve that can make a bad offensive line look alright and save broken plays. I'd draft him just so that New England can't, and then I would trade back into the first using our comp picks for the top OL available, even if it's an interior OL like Quentin Nelson or Dan Feeney. Or depending where we end up I'd take the top OL (Nelson is going to fly up boards) and then trade back into the first for McCaffrey.

With CJ's contract, Kapri's emergence, and Bookers status may mean we don't invest at all in the RB position though.

My strategy with all these comp picks coming though would be to try and get two first round picks this year.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I'm still on the Christian McCaffrey bandwagon, there's not a dynamic playmaker in our backfield.

While I don't think any back can have great success behind our crap offensive line, we don't even have a running back who can make plays in the check down game the way C-Mac would. He's the type of safety valve that can make a bad offensive line look alright and save broken plays. I'd draft him just so that New England can't, and then I would trade back into the first using our comp picks for the top OL available, even if it's an interior OL like Quentin Nelson or Dan Feeney. Or depending where we end up I'd take the top OL (Nelson is going to fly up boards) and then trade back into the first for McCaffrey.

With CJ's contract, Kapri's emergence, and Bookers status may mean we don't invest at all in the RB position though.

My strategy with all these comp picks coming though would be to try and get two first round picks this year.

RB is so devalued, with our OL being garbage, it would be a major waste not to upgrade our OL Rd 1, even if it means trading up.

Zeke Elliott has been the hands down ROY, but it starts with that OL being the best in the NFL. Getting a playmaker RB with no OL is not the solution - we may in fact have that guy already in Booker. Yes, he's been regressing - but we've seen regression in rookie or sophomore years from guys we now realize were elite - Melvin Gordon last year, Todd Gurley this year, and so on. Booker isn't that elite, but the lesson of watching young RB's struggle and writing them off when the OL is bottom 5 level, well, it's worth noting. Fix the OL, and then see what we have at RB.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 3 of 69

Jump to: