Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 College Prospects Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: 2017 College Prospects Thread Reply with quote

Time to get this going again. We're over a month into the college season, so let's get the discussion going on interesting college prospects.

This thread should include:
-Prospect discussion
-Positional needs discussion
-Prospect scouting reports

Can't wait to hear from some of the guys who watch much more college ball than I do!

Right now give me Christian McCaffrey, an OT or a DT in the first.

Last edited by elliot878 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will sticky this after it's been noticed by everyone in the general area.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so on board with drafting mcaffery. Besides the return game chops he would just be such a weapon. Hand offs, third wr, the opportunities are endless

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabril Peppers is ridiculous. Denver won't have a shot at him, but he's just a hell of an all around player.

I was impressed with Adoree Jackson. I only saw him vs Alabama but he was far more physical than I expected and I like CBs that will come up and make tackles. I obviously need to watch more of these guys and wiil (I plan on watching 100-150 like I did the previous 2 years), but as of now I'd be fine with Jackson in the last half of the 1st round.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofan48 wrote:
I'm so on board with drafting mcaffery. Besides the return game chops he would just be such a weapon. Hand offs, third wr, the opportunities are endless

With the way Booker is playing, I would never say no to a RB if he lands at a value spot - but we should always go overall BPA in Rd 1-2. And that probably excludes McCaffrey, given I can't see him falling to us by late Rd 2 (I'm counting on a 30's pick again LOL).

I think BPA will just happen to fit a great need for us, as a 3rd shutdown CB will become an impending priority, or D-line / T help (yeah our starting T's are fine, but they're not here long term, and we always think Year 2+ from draft when planning for draft contributions).
OrangeNBlue86#2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike McGlinchey would be awesome if he fell to the bottom of round one but the way things are going he will be a top 10 pick. Huge dude at 6'7"+ and can still move.
OrangeNBlue86#2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point in the season, what does everyone feel top needs are? I would say d-line, o-line, then cb/lb.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:
At this point in the season, what does everyone feel top needs are? I would say d-line, o-line, then cb/lb.

I'd say DL, LB and OL. No huge needs so makes sense to get better along the lines. We've got good depth in the defensive backfield, at WR, at RB. Hell we have decent depth along the OL, it's just no young guy besides Paradis and maybe Garcia has really stepped up and become no doubt about it starters. Okung will probably come off the books after the year, so we'll be desperate for a LT.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Ejuan Harris the next Elvis Dumervil?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:

I'd say DL, LB and OL. No huge needs so makes sense to get better along the lines. We've got good depth in the defensive backfield, at WR, at RB. Hell we have decent depth along the OL, it's just no young guy besides Paradis and maybe Garcia has really stepped up and become no doubt about it starters. Okung will probably come off the books after the year, so we'll be desperate for a LT.

We probably lose Kayvon Webster next year, as he's a UFA. While Talib is still playing at a very high level (obv), ensuring we have 3 shutdown CB's for the foreseeable future is a priority (Harris & Roby for sure, Talib's shelf life is always going to be a Q mark now given his age - when it happens, the decline is quick). Given the rookie year is usually a big learning curve year (look at the Jax team, who acquired awesome rookie talent, and is getting Fowler back as a 2nd year rookie practically speaking), we have to think 2018 starters/rotation with a 2017 pick. If we are thinking 2018 lineups, I think CB is going to be a priority (not S, we're in good shape with our 2 rookies and hopefully keeping Stewart).

I agree OL (specifically T) & DE (and won't pass up an EDGE with Ware likely retiring after this year, or at least retiring from DEN) will be a priority - LB is the easiest position to fill, so while I think we will address, I don't think we'll go early - unlike Webster, Davis is a RFA, so a 2nd round tender if he plays really well (and thus only pay him 2.2M) is a nobrainer IMO.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Broncos' record currently at 4-0, that suggests that the team will draft near the end of the rounds. Of course I would love picking at the #32 spot, that optimal spot isn't locked in. So looking at which draftees might be in the 25-32 range, here are a couple to watch:

Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

By the way, it's under 7 months to Draft Day....
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Is Ejuan Harris the next Elvis Dumervil?

Did you mean Ejuan Price?
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133408/ejuan-price

Currently Price looks like a late-round pick. He might go undrafted due to his age and concerns about his past injuries.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any opinions on Evan Engram?

He's a smallish TE (6'2"? 220lb?) that has good hands. He is not a prototypical TE and not much of a blocker but the Broncos did very well with a previous TE/WR 'tweener (Shannon Sharpe).
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a need at ILB. At least with a high pick. Todd Davis is a passable talent, but he is also not on the field too much. We switch to 3CB or 3S all the time and take the #2 ILB off the field. As long as Marshall is playing as our #1 ILB, we don't need to invest much in that spot. And I don't expect Elway to do so, as he has consistently shown that he doesn't put a premium on the second ILB position.

I really don't like the idea of a TE high. Its a position that has a huge bust rate in the high rounds historically.

I agree with Broncofan about CB being a need. Kayvon is gone after this year. He will want a chance to actually play and we cant give him that. Talib is surpassing my expectations, but CB's usually have huge, sudden drop offs in play as they age. Especially bigger ones. He is due within 2 years.

A guy like Cam Sutton would be amazing in R1. He can be the #4 CB until Talib is gone. In the meantime, his physical nature means he could be a gunner on ST and he is a prolific returner. Just a kid that I really like as a prospect, and with a mentality that fits our no-fly-zone.

After CB, we need OT, interior OL depth, 34DE, EDGE and a developmental TE.

1. Cam Sutton CB/RS Tennessee
2. Chad Wheeler OT USC
3. Montravius Adams NT Auburn
3. Josh Carraway EDGE TCU
3. Jake Replogle 34DE Purdue
4. Pharoh Brown TE Oregon

^ That's my preference. A CB to eventually replace Talib; a developmental OT to push Stephenson / Okung in 1-2 years, a NT to backup Kilgo after Sly walks, a EDGE to replace Ware, more 34DE depth incase Walker is done and Gotsis doesn't develop, and a TE to push Phillips and Heurmann.

Quote:
Okung will probably come off the books after the year, so we'll be desperate for a LT.

Looking at the FA class for OT, and the lack of plug-and-play OT's in this draft, and our decent cap situation, and keeping Okung makes more and more sense. He will be the #1 FA OT if cut. We will be losing Ware and don't really need to make a FA splash outside maybe a 34DE. If we have the $$$, we need to keep Okung. He is far, far better than the next option.
jonnylongfella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Jabril Peppers is ridiculous. Denver won't have a shot at him, but he's just a hell of an all around player.

I was impressed with Adoree Jackson. I only saw him vs Alabama but he was far more physical than I expected and I like CBs that will come up and make tackles. I obviously need to watch more of these guys and wiil (I plan on watching 100-150 like I did the previous 2 years), but as of now I'd be fine with Jackson in the last half of the 1st round.

This. Peppers is amazing. There isn't anything he can't do (haven't seen him throw yet but he's probably good at that too) and he's always the best football player on the field every time he steps on it.

We need to make that happen somehow.

big_palooka wrote:

Call me a troll if you must.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: