Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We suck
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: We suck Reply with quote

We won't win 7 games. Pathetic [inappropriate/removed] offense. Awful coaching and play calling. We suck. We couldn't score on a Falcon D allowing 31 PPG. We suck.
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Cam has the worst body language in the NFL after Cutler.

Last edited by Smitty89 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:

1 year wonder sulking loser.

Oh shut up. You have no idea how good you have it with Cam.

El ramster on the sig
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:

How bout no. I expect a lot more out of the MVP who carries himself like he's god.
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:

You're right, cam at least loses with style. How many other losers can say that?
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLLLLLLLLLL, yes please trade him to the Niners if all he's just a sore loser who loses with "style."

El ramster on the sig
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should get rid of Cam Newton. Not hard to find guys like him. Nothing but a career loser who hasn't been able to mask the ample flaws, personnel wise, with our offense.

He hasn't played at his best (today was by far his worst; I thought he looked good in the first half of Broncos and Vikings games, then just got roughed up in the second half too much to do anything but I doubt the anti-Cam Panthers fans care much reason. Today he just looked bad from the beginning though). However, he's playing behind an offensive line that can't protect him for 4 quarters, no running game, and wide receivers that struggle to separate. I hate to say it, but outside of using his size well, what else does Benjamin do? It is good for a splash play or two and very useful in the redzone, but he is nonexistent the majority of games because he can't run routes to save his life. He's not a good number one.

Cam is Cam. His accuracy is inconsistent. His footwork is shaky. I get it. But he is still one of the 10 best QBs in football and there is a very slim chance we're going to find somebody better. Its time to stop relying on him to be a one man army. Or at the very least, not ask him to stand in the pocket and wait for long as hell routes to develop downfield.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are KILLING my pool picks, Evil or Very Mad
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
I hate to say it, but outside of using his size well, what else does Benjamin do? It is good for a splash play or two and very useful in the redzone, but he is nonexistent the majority of games because he can't run routes to save his life. He's not a good number one.

I called that. Benjamin is big, slow, ponderous with real poor hands. I never understood the hype with him. Sure, you can't teach size. Apparently, you can't teach a guy to catch or run routes, either.

People got so roped up with his rookie year, forgetting we targeted him 142 times, if I recall correctly.

This offense runs through Olsen. Funchess is coming on. We were better without Benjamin.

Cam hasn't helped himself or his o-line though. He holds onto the ball entirely too long, always attempts to evade pressure laterally instead of stepping up when pockets are clean, has abysmal footwork, throws off his back foot constantly and seems to have reverted back into his bad habits.

I swear, if you go back and watch 2014 film when he was hurt, he was all about checking it down. Do we have to go at his ribs with a baseball bat to take free yards consistently? He did check it down more this game, but the bulk of our games can be so infuriating. Free three yards to the back? Naw, just gonna fire this 40 yards downfield for the incompletion and that sexy, sexy punt.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
Zithers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benji had a great 3rd down catch today and would have had another if cam didnt sail it 5 feet over his head.

he is not even remotely close to something i would complain about except for his penalties (still think his block in the back last week was BS tho).

the production or rather lack of on offense begins and ends with the OLine sucking. if they aren't getting abused by von miller, dwight freeney, vic beasley, danielle hunter, etc then this thread isn't made.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
the production or rather lack of on offense begins and ends with the OLine sucking. if they aren't getting abused by von miller, dwight freeney, vic beasley, danielle hunter, etc then this thread isn't made.

I get it. Nobody wants Cam to be part of the problem. The thing is, while the o-line has definitely struggled, Cam holding onto the ball like it's the last pizza roll in the freezer hasn't helped. That aside, as of late, or really after the Superbowl, it seems as though once Cam gets pressured a few times or takes a couple shots, he folds like a lawn chair.

I don't know if dude has PTSD from Miller and Ware or if it's something else, and I understand you rattle QBs by hitting them, but Cam gets rattled far, far too quickly. Or, at least that's how it seems this year. Even before the headshots in the Denver game, once Denver was applying pressure consistently, Cam seemed to fall apart.

If we need an all-pro oline that never lets anyone touch him, we might have made a mistake with his extension. QBs get hit. It's gonna happen. I can understand the helmet shots, or just relentless pressure where he's not finishing his drop before getting hit.

However, too often Cam drops back and is holding the ball for 4-5 seconds, pressure finally gets home, and it's always the offensive line's fault.

That's nonsense. Get rid of it.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hot and cold with Cam. It doesn't seem like he rallies when things get tough. If we don't start out hot he just seems to internalize the frustration and the offense looks all out of sorts. Not to mention the indecision in the pocket, accuracy issues and the rest. It's frustrating.

As far as the team goes, things look plain bad right now. I think its going to be ugly for a while. So many issues that I don't see coming together quickly. No pass rush, horrible secondary, no running game, receivers who cant get open, bad offensive scheme, shaky line.

I'm not ready to mail it in on the season though. I've got to believe the Falcons or a wild card team will keep the door open for us. I think once the residue of last season fades more and those expectations go I think these guys will rally. And you know what happens with those hot 7 to 9 win teams are when they get in the playoffs.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, too often Cam drops back and is holding the ball for 4-5 seconds, pressure finally gets home, and it's always the offensive line's fault.

Some of it is on Cam, like the safety he took against the Vikings. He was a statue in the pocket. Some of it is the offensive line. Some of it is us routinely calling routes that take a long time to develop downfield with receivers, like Benjamin, who aren't good at getting separation. Blame everywhere. It's been disappointing to watch.

I've learned to accept Cam's flaws because he is still one of the 10 best QBs in the league. There is a very slim chance of us being able to replace him and considering we have made the playoffs 3 years in a row, we can win with him. And like I have said repeatedly, he needs to play better. Injured or not, there is no excuse for the mistakes he makes at times like the interception to begin the 49ers game or his countless missed throws against Falcons (easily his worst game this year). With that said, the best thing we can do is to try to help him out as much as possible. The offensive line that gets destroyed by speed rushers, wide receivers who can't consistently separate, and the now nonexistent running game are issues that would cause a lot of QBs south of Tom Brady to struggle.

The biggest issue with Cam right now is his indecisiveness. Last year, he was far quicker in making his reads. This year, he's just been too slow going from his 1st to 2nd read. Not sure why because it is unlike what we saw in the 1st half of the Broncos game when he looked fantastic. I wonder if, like 2014, he's shell-shocked. Even in the pocket, he's not managing to escape sacks and/or pressure as consistently as he typically does.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Zithers wrote:

I get it. Nobody wants Cam to be part of the problem. The thing is, while the o-line has definitely struggled, Cam holding onto the ball like it's the last pizza roll in the freezer hasn't helped. That aside, as of late, or really after the Superbowl, it seems as though once Cam gets pressured a few times or takes a couple shots, he folds like a lawn chair.

I don't know if dude has PTSD from Miller and Ware or if it's something else, and I understand you rattle QBs by hitting them, but Cam gets rattled far, far too quickly. Or, at least that's how it seems this year. Even before the headshots in the Denver game, once Denver was applying pressure consistently, Cam seemed to fall apart.

If we need an all-pro oline that never lets anyone touch him, we might have made a mistake with his extension. QBs get hit. It's gonna happen. I can understand the helmet shots, or just relentless pressure where he's not finishing his drop before getting hit.

That's nonsense. Get rid of it.

I'm not saying Cam doesn't deserve blame but we did a jumbo set this week and the Falcons only sent four dudes and Cam was on the ground within two seconds. It was embarrassing. Dwight Freeney was killing Remmers all day with a spin move that you *know* is going to happen. Cam holding onto the ball too long is always going to be a thing due to his mobility, which is why he's always sacked in the mid 30 range each season despite having vary degrees of OL quality in those years. But this is looking a "lead the NFL in sacks given up" OLine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

team needs to run the ball more like they did with williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: