You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mitch Trubisky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingOfTheDot


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 10661
Location: JetLife Stadium
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
#LeahStrong

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?


NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5383
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:


Look up the Whitest Kids U Kno version of the ShamWow...if your stomach can handle it
_________________
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheDot


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 10661
Location: JetLife Stadium
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:


Look up the Whitest Kids U Kno version of the ShamWow...if your stomach can handle it


Hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
#LeahStrong

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?


NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but when I watch this guy play, it's like I'm seeing Brady Quinn all over again.

Does anybody else get that same feeling?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
I haven't read the thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but when I watch this guy play, it's like I'm seeing Brady Quinn all over again.

Does anybody else get that same feeling?


College Brady Quinn? Or destroyed by the Browns Brady Quinn?
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
I haven't read the thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but when I watch this guy play, it's like I'm seeing Brady Quinn all over again.

Does anybody else get that same feeling?


College Brady Quinn? Or destroyed by the Browns Brady Quinn?


Destroyed by the Browns?

Dude came in from practice one making garbage throws.

He wasn't an accurate passer at ND and it magnified in the league.

He had minimal zip on his passes and terrible ball placement. He was a "local kid saves the day" story, not an NFL QB.

With that said, I don't see the Quinn comparison for Trubisky. I don't think Trubisky is a great prospect and I, like others, see nothing elite about him. I think he's perhaps a slightly more physically gifted version of Dalton. Not that that's a bad thing, but that's not a top 5 talent IMO. He's got a much better arm and is twice as accurate as Quinn was.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 10135
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you scouting him, there's an ongoing joke/rivalry going on between us Hokies and the Heels that the hurricane game doesn't count for him (or that INT streak he had). So don't use that game to scout Laughing
_________________

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



Sorry, while researching Trubisky I found another picture of his Trump hands. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:


Sorry, while researching Trubisky I found another picture of his Trump hands. Laughing


Lolololol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In hindsight, where would you draft Alex Smith and Andy Dalton?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
In hindsight, where would you draft Alex Smith and Andy Dalton?

There is my value based on my grade scale which is the same regardless of position. Then you have the positional value absurdity which is the reality of the NFL. Ideally they're third round guys. Obviously QB is in another stratosphere so they never last into the third round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
In hindsight, where would you draft Alex Smith and Andy Dalton?

There is my value based on my grade scale which is the same regardless of position. Then you have the positional value absurdity which is the reality of the NFL. Ideally they're third round guys. Obviously QB is in another stratosphere so they never last into the third round.


Do you think any one position should be valued over another?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
In hindsight, where would you draft Alex Smith and Andy Dalton?

There is my value based on my grade scale which is the same regardless of position. Then you have the positional value absurdity which is the reality of the NFL. Ideally they're third round guys. Obviously QB is in another stratosphere so they never last into the third round.


Do you think any one position should be valued over another?

I think you have to value QB differently. Depending on schemes you probably have to value other positions differently. But I don't worry about scheme or positional value. I just grade talent on a equal scale. I'll let other people sort through that crap. If I put Trubisky in the third round, I know he'll never go there. But I still grade him there. Consistency is my thing. If I start grading players based on which way the wind is blowing on any particular year I can't look back at my rankings and make sense of them. So I just bunker down and do how I do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion (and I say this as a big Trubisky fan), his true value is in the second round. If elevated, again in my opinion, it would be in the middle of the first round.

Talk of him going 1st overall or even as high as 4th, to me, is preposterous.

And again, I say that as someone that is a big fan of the kid. I hate the notion that "QBs are always over-drafted so team X has to over-draft one". That's how you get your Blaine Gabberts and Christian Ponders.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1772
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
In hindsight, where would you draft Alex Smith and Andy Dalton?


That's fairly easy to answer. Go back to those drafts, count how many players you consider better than the most and there you go
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group