Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W4 : Panthers (1-2) @ Falcons (2-1)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: W4 : Panthers (1-2) @ Falcons (2-1) Reply with quote

First division game of the season in the Georgia dome where wins are hard to come by. I wouldn't say this is a must win but 1-3 would put us in a hole where we don't want to be. These next three weeks against division opponents are really important to our season. If we can come out at least 2-1 in those games, we will be in decent shape.

Excited to see how Bradberry matches up against an elite WR in Julio. We need to get our offense going again and I think this is the week that we see a big improvement.

Panthers 27-17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Oher has a concussion and won't play. Remmers at LT and Williams at RT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:
Looks like Oher has a concussion and won't play. Remmers at LT and Williams at RT

I doubt Remmers slides over. I bet Donald Hawkins gets the gig. And he has one career snap and this is his third season...

Thankfully the Falcons only have three sacks on the season.

Weird that it is the last game in the Georgia Dome. I grew up in the area and I attended four games to see them play the Panthers. First was a 51-23 blowout loss, which was horrible, perhaps the worst loss in Panthers history. Second was that MNF game against Vick that went to OT and we lost. Third was the last game of the 2005 season where we killed them. Final game was the wildcat game where Delhomme was hurt and Chris Weinke was god awful, so they decided to run the ball with D-Will and Foster 49 times. It broke Steve Smith's catch streak. We won though so whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Cam will be running for his life the second consecutive week. I'm not following these "safety patch signings". It's baffling after Gross retired that we didn't instantly go after a long term option to cover Cam's blind side.

Cam is our franchise at this point. Yes, we may be now surrounding him with some sound weapons, but our exterior protection is a mess. Remmers and Oher looked above average for most of the year last year, then again it was against Houston, Seattle, and maybe Green Bay? Then the obvious when it mattered, Denver exploited our weakness.

The fact of the matter is that we need long term protection off of the edge, we cannot keep getting fortunate going up against soft dlines.

The Chiefs, Rams, and Raiders will be a test for this oline this season.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks
Forever To Thee
Zithers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Sounds like Cam will be running for his life the second consecutive week. I'm not following these "safety patch signings". It's baffling after Gross retired that we didn't instantly go after a long term option to cover Cam's blind side.

Cam is our franchise at this point. Yes, we may be now surrounding him with some sound weapons, but our exterior protection is a mess. Remmers and Oher looked above average for most of the year last year, then again it was against Houston, Seattle, and maybe Green Bay? Then the obvious when it mattered, Denver exploited our weakness.

The fact of the matter is that we need long term protection off of the edge, we cannot keep getting fortunate going up against soft dlines.

The Chiefs, Rams, and Raiders will be a test for this oline this season.

We haven't really had the opportunity to get better at the position. We win too many games to get a shot at a top prospect like Tyler Lewan, Jack Conklin, Ereck Flowers, whoever. And we haven't had money to spend on FAs until this offseason and there were like... no worthwhile OTs to blow money on. I guess we could have tried to trade up for DJ Humphries who we targeted (and was taken right before Shaq) but who knows how much that would have cost.

I think we just need to utilize short, quick passing at times. There's no reason Benji and Funchess can't out-physical smaller DBs on slants and hook routes to slow up the pass rush. Other teams have done this all season to us to neutralize our DLine so you have some of the numbskull fans calling out Ealy and CJ for not getting sacks when they don't even have a chance. We need to do the same thing to other defenses tbh, which will then open up Ted Ginn going deep or give us a lot of room in the box for the run game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Norman could go down as one of the dumbest moves in our franchise's history.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks
Forever To Thee
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a bad football team right now. Oline, RB's no pass rush, poor deep ball team and Cam has regressed. I'm befuddled...
atown703

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm most disappointed in the lack of protection for Cam. We are paying him all this money and not protecting our biggest asset. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Lee has been well worth the 4th round pick and our ST on coverage has been excellent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno what happened to this team. it looks all bad except ST and lee should already get the game ball. o line is porous and getting no push. wr getting no separation. cam has regressed and has terrible footwork. the def is confusing. no pass rush, no rush d, Julio is torching every db we have. just bad all around. and it's not like we're going to make any halftime adjustments.
just gotta hope ryan throws more tds to our team.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
atown703

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Davis is down and held his left knee. I'm worried....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real problem with the defense is our defensive ends are awful. Norman or no Norman, our pass rush is horrible. Somehow even worse than it was last year (which is why I'm always confused as to why people always bring up pass rush with us). We get interior pressure, but it usually doesn't matter.

Wonder what it would take to trade up for Myles Garrett.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting ugly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
This is beyond ugly

Fify
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to get rid of this sig and find a replacement. I think its good luck has worn off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: